What current innovations are being laughed at?

What current innovations are being laughed at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
notchmode.com
indiegogo.com/projects/smalt-the-world-s-first-interactive-centerpiece-health
mysmalt.com/
fastcodesign.com/3065667/this-1500-toaster-oven-is-everything-thats-wrong-with-silicon-valley-design
youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn't call DRM juice an innovation

>What current innovations are being laughed at?
Screen notches. We'll be laughing in 5 years when it's the new standard on every phone.

>current
They shut down a month ago though.

The chunky notch bezel.... truly astounding

It was going to revolutionize juice production. Read some of the interviews with the CEO. It's actually pretty interesting.

squeezing a bag full of juice isnt juice production

if you can get one for cheap it might be worth it just for the parts alone, the interior of the thing is super fucking over designed and has amazing parts. Video is pretty entertaining as well.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

>All that engineering talent wasted on a shitty DRM juicer

Capitalism was a mistake.

it's pretty ridiculous, but rich fucks will buy anything and that's exactly what the developers of this machine were hoping

Anything apple.

notchmode.com

this was entertaining as fuck

>Screen notches. We'll be laughing next year when it's the new standard on every phone.

Smalt
indiegogo.com/projects/smalt-the-world-s-first-interactive-centerpiece-health

i see 4 bezels

any updates to autocad since 2010 or so

i think u may be confused user

I see 4 bezels and a notch on the apple.

cultural marxism

>having a slightly smaller rectangle is worse than having a rectangle with a chunk of it cut out

The funny thing is, it's not really all that well engineered. Sure it's monstrously overbuilt but in many ways that's just a sign of bad engineering

Adoption of electric propulsion/transportation.

>apple brags about 'no bezels'
>has a huge ass bezel around the whole thing

I think its more a case of some venture capitalist shit with tons of money to throw around hired a design firm, and those deisgners decided to have some fun at their expense

I don't understand, it's just a picture of a regular, normal iPhone

kek

mysmalt.com/

the thing on the left is a galaxy though, not the v30

pic related is the v30

It'll be hilarious when Apple is forced to alter their api so that all apps render within a bounding box that's 15 px shorter amid a fury of complaints because of a stupid ass notch...

Thus making it a bezelless phone with one of the largest bezels.

anything with "AI" in the name

what's the problem with the notch tho? the design looks good and you still have your camera and facial scanner so why are you people complaining?

Nvm. Apple already did said stupid thing.

"huge" a fucking millimeter of bezels isn't huge. Fuck me, instead of rambling about the shitty parts of the iphone X like the price, you guys decided to talk about the bezels, which isn't even that big in the first place

The V30 is huge though so % is a useless metric to compare with

so how was this DRM? surely you could just cut the bag? why would anyone buy this? Holy shit

>safe spaces on your phone

fair enough, the safe zone in the iphone 8 is way to much

I just realised that the bezels on the new iPhone make it look like those shitty renders of "the next iPhone" you would see in 2012

To use the machine, you could only use bags provided by the company
Their reasoning was each bag had a QR code that contained a batch code and use by date, so if the batch had to be recalled or it was out of date, it wouldn't squeeze the juice
it's an OK reason because it isn't as blatant as "only use our bags" but it's "use our bags" wrapped in a safety concern

Ah okay. I see now watching the video someone posted, that the juice is actually just crushed up whatever-flavor. what a waste of money
>$8 per small cup of juice, you must buy 5 a week

It's an interesting concept but should it should have only ever stayed as a concept

the bags had all the shit in them, the pulp, the plants, whatever, and you pressed it at home.

to be VERY fair to the thing, juicing normally is a messy pain in the ass, and an even bigger pain in the ass to clean up. you want fresh squeezed with as little if any preservatives in it as possible you got little choice, it's either pain in the dick ro jucaro.

its so not worth it, but it had a place.

>fatter than the LG yet lacks the headphone jack
what was the point

TOP NOTCC

Thanks for sharing, finally a youtuber that does not make me sick. That dude is brilliant.
Also German engineer here, can comfirm the complete construction insanity of this. Cost per unit is easily 1k - 2k. Wonder how many millions they have burnt with this.

kek

That was the original idea. They couldn't get the juice press to work reliably, so the bags came prejuiced and you could squeeze them out by hand. No actual juicing was done by the machine, it just squeezed it into a cup for you (after verifying it was official juicero juice and not expired.)

fastcodesign.com/3065667/this-1500-toaster-oven-is-everything-thats-wrong-with-silicon-valley-design

sure, it needs work
but the concept of holding your phone as the new "countdown timer" because people can't afford a Apple Watch
>or devs can't program for watches
is starting to rise

Why? % is the perfect metric when two things are different sizes because then you can compare without size mattering. The % would be exactly the same if you shrunk the V30 to be the size of a nail. Size does not matter if it's % you fucking brainlet.

Why does the percentage matter and not actual size?

The solids served no function whatsoever except to trick people like you into thinking the juice was extracted from them by the machine.

I like these introductory videos. It represents their incompetency pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k

Bodega

I didn't realize the CEO of juicero posted on Sup Forums like a dipshit.

The new media platform for the 65.8 million

this was a perfectly done parody.
not too obvious to keep you guessing if its real, and not too subtle to make you lose total faith in humanity

Well, the discussion is(or at least was) about bezels, not screen size. And bigger size isn't automatically better since people might want to keep their phone in a pocket for instance, but it's hard to argue that having a bigger screen at the same physical dimensions isn't better.

lmao

that's why it's in percent, it keeps things relative, rather than absolute values like cm^2

>and an even bigger pain in the ass to clean up
And they failed that with Juicero as well because the bags were allegedly recyclable but you had to cut them open and clean them out before sending them back.
So what do you think happened? Probably straight into the bin.
And the ones returned? Straight into landfill.

It didn't really have a place. It tried to make a place but there was no place for it.