Why did they got rid of the headphone jack?

why did they got rid of the headphone jack?

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/09/analog-last-defense-against-drm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To sell dongles and Airpods

You're a year late to be asking this.

Two reasons:

1. To save space on internal components and save manufacturer time for production.

2. To make more money. The 3.5 mm headphone jack is universally licensed for anyone to use. This means that Apple won't make any extra money from audio assesories like headphones if another company sells them.

The removal of the headphone jack forces any company who wants to make headphones for iPhones to either use Bluetooth or Apple's proprietary lightning port. Apple then makes money on that through royalties paid per headphones sold using that port.

Fuck Apple, but it's a genius move.

#2 is spot on, smart user

1 is completely false, there's enough space in 7 to fit a jack. It's already been done.

>implying they aren't planning ahead
It was common knowledge they'd drop the audio jack on the iPhone 7 to make it easier to adapt to the 8 and now X.

Apple Jews are ten steps ahead of Samsung chinks

It knew too much about Clinton.

not like this info was floating around for a while or anything

this is more important
eff.org/deeplinks/2016/09/analog-last-defense-against-drm

It's a joke that people even buy apple products. lol

ITT: Applefags being late on tech trends for about a year as usual.

I think I would've been OK with them removing the headphone jack if only they'd replaced it with a better standard. But they didn't so now I'm pissed.

I was just about to buy an iPhone until they pulled that shit, too.

I don't know, why did they get rid of the headphone jack?

>2. To make more money. The 3.5 mm headphone jack is universally licensed for anyone to use. This means that Apple won't make any extra money from audio assesories like headphones if another company sells them.
true, but WHY THE FUCK do other companies remove the headphone jack, then use USB on the bottom of their phones and make 0 money from removing the port

IT MAKES NO SENSE

#2 is slightly true, as the phone comes with a lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack, though most users of the iphone are content with the shitty packed in earbuds or just go out and buy beats/earpods which is total profit for apple
Its funny because I use the adapter for my iphone 7+ all the time and at work I get asked by coworkers what the hell Im using for regular earphones to work

They took the hit on the 7 so that this year's X introduction wouldn't be overshadowed by the no-jack meme.

1. To promote their own wireless solution (Including beats since their acquisition)

2. To try and shape the industry as they have many times in the past (See headset pin alignment change since apple decided to change the order in which left, right and mic channel are distributed) etc etc.

They want the world to move forward by their own vision. Some will embrace it, some won't.

I for my part don't care as I will always stay either a little behind in tech or just buy the phone with the features I want.

So you buy the adapter

10 steps ahead, yet their phone doesn't even unlocks

>10 steps ahead
Behind you mean, hardware and software wise.

to save .5 of a shekkel /phone

Because companies think that the reason iPhone sells is because people want fewer issues and like to be forced to do things. The reason Microsoft has forced restarts is because they believe it will make them cool like Apple because when Apple treats their customers as idiots then the customers thank them. It apparently works because all windows windows shills here love being treated like idiots and feel it's completely necessary.

Because people were bypassing the bugged built in microphone with external microphones and cia said nono