Equifax breach: Chief Security Officer Susan Mauldin sacked

Equifax breach: Chief Security Officer Susan Mauldin sacked

>
When Congress hauls in Equifax CEO Richard Smith to grill him, it can start by asking why he put someone with degrees in music in charge of the company’s data security.

>And then they might also ask him if anyone at the company has been involved in efforts to cover up Susan Mauldin’s lack of educational qualifications since the data breach became public.

>Late Friday Equifax said both Mauldin and the company’s chief information officer have been retired effective immediately.

>Equifax “Chief Security Officer” Susan Mauldin has a bachelor’s degree and a master of fine arts degree in music composition from the University of Georgia. HerLinkedIn professional profilelists no education related to technology or security.

>This is the person who was in charge of keeping your personal and financial data safe — and whose apparent failings have put 143 million of us at risk from identity theft and fraud. It was revealed this week that the massive data breach came due to a software vulnerability that was known about, and should have been patched, months earlier.

>Her LinkedIn page was made private and her last name replaced with “M.” Two videos of interviews with Mauldin have been removed from YouTube. A podcast of an interview has also been taken down.

>Unhappily for the scrubbers, the internet archives some material and atranscript of one interview has survived.

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/2-top-equifax-execs-retire-in-wake-of-massive-data-breach-2017-09-15
stemtosteam.org/
bbc.com/news/technology-41257576
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember that this SJW blamed Apache for her incompetency.

She must give such amazing blowjobs.

Why have none of the tech sites like ars posted about this story? I just read some story on there about how kek made it into a video game but not this?

Remember the folks trying to put an A inside STEM?

Yeah.

Forgot link

marketwatch.com/story/2-top-equifax-execs-retire-in-wake-of-massive-data-breach-2017-09-15

Tech sites are sjws.

they still are

and its gaining STEAM

stemtosteam.org/

This makes my blood boil.

Doesn't Architecture roughly belong to Engineering?

No, it does not. Architecture is design.

can't make a women look bad

So essentially affirmative action for shit degrees.

life support for arts degrees.

>Massive leak of epic proportions
>A woman with a music degree is head of security
Come on...

>Sup Forums constantly bitches that degrees are useless
>gets mad when someone has the wrong one

Bump

everyone - even SJWs - are saying her being on the board was heinously inappropriate. she set women in tech back an untold amount of time.

but don't worry. as an executive, she'll get a golden parachute to ensure she never has to work again. which might be for the best. keep her the fuck out of any company for the rest of time.

Her team betrayed her obviously.

Reddit is digging into her, in fact I bet this thread is inspired by reddit. Considering it made it to their front page.

Despite this, liberal cucks and feminists will continue bully tactics to catapult unqualified women in to positions in the name of """"equality""""

This the greatest threat against Western Civilization.

>One person with the wrong degree must take all the blame.

user,why are you against affirmative action?Aren't you excited about all the new and different opinions females and niggers will bring?
A new golden age of technology awaits!

Equifax
my son
yuo're big company now
yuo must choose security officer and protect your valuable information
will you choose a certified cyber security expert
or a music composer?

see

Partly design, partly engineering as far as I'm concerned.
A house can look as good as it wants to, if it crumbles and crashes right after being built it's not a good house.

With luck they'll all hang.

my wife studied architecture at a renowned German university and she says exactly that.

peter principle

oi, i fancy that redhead, and why not, lord love you

the engineer works with the architect
and the architect has to have some knowledge of mechanical features
but its the engineer who makes the design resilient versus natural influences

Thanks sjws. This is the future they want. Their shitty degrees to get them same jobs as us

kek
where is the edited pic related?

I saw it on hackernews

speak english

She definitely doesn't deserve all the blame but that's what you get when you're the CHIEF of a department, you assume all the blame to the outside world. That's just how business works.

Sometimes those shitheels come in useful

At least she rest easy knowing that she can get any job in any field with that degree...

The person who put her in charge deserves way more blame than she does desu. It's like handing a monkey a machine gun, what the fuck did they think was going to happen when they hire someone so grossly under qualified to be their CSO

is this any good?

Architects have only their imagination to limit themselves. Engineers live in reality.

NOPE.

only thing worth less than a degree is a worthless degree, e.g. in music.

>CHIEF
>SECURITY
>OFFICER

Uh, no we won't. The point is to find women who are qualified or help make women qualified for the positions, not dump randos into upper-tier positions solely on account of them being women.

They can't get the same jobs because they won't have real skills. Unless the government makes it law that you have to hire someone based on their degree rather than objective skills.

link?

we have a cso who doesn't know the difference between gpg and ssl and used to work as risk manager. it's so common, i'm surprised that people are suprised. look at trump, he's the most incompetent douchebag and somehow he managed to represent a country in the most pathetic way ever, undoing previous administrations work, not only that of obama.

just eat your cereal and hope that best korea starts ww3 so we can end this bullshit

yeah that makes more sense.

>Equifax CTO is a woman with a degree in music
>FUCK DRUMPF
I swear, he broke something in you people in November.

But was more a criticism of the general populace than "Drumpf" or Equifax CSO. You completely missed the point.

No, I didn't. Elections are entirely different than being hired by a company. One is the general populace choosing an official representative, which does not require any particular expertise, to push for their interests. And the other is being selected from a pool of applicants by the management of a corporation to perform a specific function that requires a specific set of skills and knowledge acquired through experience and education.

Like I said, it's an obsession.

its's an example of incompetence, just on a bigger scale to give retards like you a better understanding but i forgot that is impossible on an amerifat board, my fucking bad.

trump got his wealth because he inherited it, he became president because people don't care about facts or competence and he is doing a shit job.

this women got a useless degree which has no real world (capitalist) value, she got job positions which there should be more qualified people for. she did a shit job.

competence is irrelevant in todays world, yet you all act surprised when shit like this comes out.

uhuh? I guess you don't quite know what you are talking about, in my country Architects are basically Structural Engineers. They have a lot (can't stress the lot enough) of units in common with Mechanical Engineering.

>it's an example of incompetence
Trump being elected isn't an example of incompetence. It's an example of a protest vote. So far, nothing has happened besides increasing deportation, staring at the sun, and leaving the Paris accords.

>trump got his wealth because he inherited it
This is somehow relevant to the equifax breach. Do you think the CTO inherited her position?

>he became president because people don't care about facts or competence and he is doing a shit job
He's literally done nothing yet. The only thing you could point to is the Paris accords.

>his women got a useless degree which has no real world (capitalist) value, she got job positions which there should be more qualified people for. she did a shit job.
It's almost like elected officials are chosen based on their policy proposals and persona, not on skill sets or knowledge. You know, the exact opposite of what you base hiring people on. Making the entire comparison retarded.

>competence is irrelevant in todays world
Sure thing. Enjoy the view from the basement. If only people cared about competence, you'd be rich instead of DRUMPF.

>be female
>go to school for retarded arts degree
>get six figure job in tech industry
>be male
>go to school for retarded arts degree
>end up pennyless and employable until inevitably dying under a bridge in winter

Gee this "equality" sure is working out great...

Have any of you people have a job related to computers?
Do you even know why this is not surprising?
Are you guys retarded?

What's her future looking like ? Starbuck manager? Wendy's Manger., etc. What really happens to people like this?

Probably the next CEO of Yahoo

>It's almost like elected officials are chosen based on their policy proposals and persona, not on skill sets or knowledge. You know, the exact opposite of what you base hiring people on. Making the entire comparison retarded.

oh wow ... and this ladies and gentlemen is the average american, unable to abstract information. man i hope you and your shit country gets nuked

NORTH KOREA - BEST KOREA

>unable to abstract information
What?

It is surprising because in no way or form should she be anywhere near PII let alone the largest credit company in the states.

this company is a joke, paying millions of dollars to music majors when your entire country relies on you for securing their data.

for shame.

I doubt it AND I know for certain she's be fine. Her friend's will help her out, she'll probably just have to move. Meanwhile some poo will ruin my credit and drain my account any day now.

I work in corporate as an engineer and get chewed out by Sr. Process Engineers for making changes to software they tell me to make.

Oh user it would be nice if you could changed the names of these objects to say this TTT_YYY_name instead of TTT_name.

WHY DID YOU MAKE THAT CHANGE WITHOUT COMFIRMING WITH ME FIRST!!!

Reminder that basically no one asked for Equifax to be in charge of their personal information to begin with.

lol

Election is to choose the one who represents your interests, who doesn't really need to know anything. Those who work are called bureaucrats, which are hired.

Wrong.

The US government did.

The guy is retarded, why do you even bother talking to him?

mnfg they were the only people actualy working in that firm

the thread is full of triggered lib art majors
>"hurr durr why do her qualifications matter"
>"I graduated with a geography degree and I now work for a tech firm"
they're also downvoting the shit out of OP's post

>Some of the best software developers I've known were music majors.
That's a real cool anecdote friend but maybe that just means you're in the music industry and have no formal experience with software development?

If she had experience to show why didn't she show it? Job experience and even certifications can be useful information.

Don't let Equifax use her as a scapegoat for all of their incompetence. She may be partly to blame but the management that appointed her to that position are the ones that are ultimately at fault here.

>I bet this thread is inspired by reddit

I saw a thread here pointing out her lack of qualifications at least a week ago, normies only just caught up

Stop trying to shoehorn your entry level anime into everything

I wonder what sort of person would hire her for that position?

Probably someone with some sort of STEM degree that she sucked his dick, because he's a lonely virgin.

Music major Lmao

Yep, Sup Forums had identified this lady and her lack of qualifications pretty much within an hour of the breach being announced

Here comes the libtard train of damage control and censorship, like clockwork

This has to be a deliberate attempt to weaken their security, they couldn't possibly be this retarded. I hope they get fraud charges applied to them or something

>Dude, she's been doing IT stuff for 12 years so she's qualified LMAO
Time should not be the absolute indication for experience, you could say you were in an industry for 20 years, but if it was just the same entry level job for 20 years then clearly you have no real experience to speak of

Architectural Engineering is a growing major to replace architects who have extremely limited knowledge of physics. Architects basically are artists who ask the engineering "is this possible?" .

>Oh user it would be nice if you could
If that's how they worded it and you didn't get the direction written in an e-mail, that's your own fault.

Oh shit, you finally realised ?
>womeme in tech
>women in higher positions
>women not in kitchen
Did you expect progress ?

Some people with non-STEM degrees are qualified for STEM positions through self-teaching or just working in the field and getting experience along the way, but there are also some people with non-STEM degrees who are
Management™ cunts that sucked dick until they got to the top.

/thread

nobody posted this yet?

Sauce?

STEAMEE - science, technology, arts, mathematics, everything else

What did you and they mean by this?
t. someone with a bs in AE

did she do whiteboard tasks in the interview for the job?

A cuck squad has already assembled to defend her honour and state that there's no issue with her degree and that being a strong womyn trumps all. Clearly that's why she or her employer immediately started trying to scrub all evidence of her lack of qualifications from the internet.

bbc.com/news/technology-41257576

She was probably friends with a higher-up, who needed to fill the position. She was looking for a job, so the higher-up gave it to her without any interview process whatsoever.

Lets brainstorm some ways a music degree could help you in IT

She knew how to read music, therefore she could read codes