TPB

>The Pirate Bay has begun to test embedding a Monero-coin crytocurrency miner, CoinHive, on some of its pages.
>The system is being investigated as a replacement to traditional advertising.

torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-website-runs-a-cryptocurrency-miner-170916/

It has already been done people will not like it.

Why would TPB even bother with shit like this when they can't even provide daily torrent backups of their site?

>no mention that it rapes the CPU

lol everyone should block this shit

stallman was right all along

That's no problem, as you can directly get results for searches from it's database without even opening the site.

>disable java
woah it was so hard

>>no mention that it rapes the CPU
>A few hours ago many Pirate Bay users began noticing that their CPU usage increased dramatically when they browsed certain Pirate Bay pages.
> It is throttled at different rates (we’ve seen both 0.6 and 0.8) but the increase in resources is immediately noticeable.
???

>java and js are the same thing

underage retard back to Sup Forums or reddit

Woah

oh look, a threadfull of cucks

>Googlebot marks site as malicious
>Forced to remove miner
Guaranteed to happen so why bother the experiment?

Is it even worthwhile to do this? Its limited to a few pages and the miner is limited to 1 core I believe plus CPU mining is slow as fuck anyway.

I'm guessing it would be about as profitable as running ads, maybe a bit less. But at least you're not dependent on an ad company and you just get cash directly.

It is actually not a bad idea, arguably better than ads at least. If utilization was capped to like 10% then it wouldn't be as annoying as it currently is.

For a single site to use it maybe, but if it's actually a good idea then more sites would do it. In which case you'd only need 10 tabs to just rape your PC.
I also don't like the fact that they do it behind the scenes, it should ask you about using your PC for things that you don't visit the site for. But ads are also sneaky, so it's not really worse in that aspect.

Can you use a graphics card to do this through javascript? Might be the next step up and what ultimately catches on with most sites.

>Googlebot marks site as malicious
It already is, retard.
Not to mention, the real TPB isn't on Google, only proxies.

What if this shit catches on with normal sites as well? This is awful

Well adblockers can be used to block them so at least for now they're not really any more inconvenient than ads currently are.

>Seems pretty interesting, maybe I'll add to some of my sites
>Sign up
>Oh they have a demo with their sign up form
>CPU spikes to 100%
>Ctrl + W
You gotta be kidding me.

Perfect. It's too bad legal hawks are tracking literally every torrent on that site and harassing your ISP's into ass-raping you. And it's too bad that piracy is a vehicle for the FBI to impose their imperialist agenda onto other, sovereign nations and their citizens.

>adblockers
Don't call them adblockers. Adblocker distracts from the real ethical issue of advertisements and the proliferation of malware. Call them content blockers.

Notwithstanding, at that point, it's technically a content blocker anyway, since you aren't even blocking advertisements. Everyone should use a content blocker like noscript or uMatrix

People should use content blockers, just for the sake of exercising their right to controlling the code that they execute on THEIR computer.

>just for the sake of exercising their right to controlling the code that they execute on THEIR computer.
B-but by browsing our website you agreed to our terms and conditions, a-user.

agree to the terms and conditions of MY DICK

You can't agree to something that you can't read. The only way to read their TOS would be by pre-emptively agreeing to them.

I might be dumb, but arent there far more people blocking java than ads at this point?

>Jave.
>Java Script.
I think you're confused user.

ITS FUCKING JAVASCRIPT NOT JAVA UNDERAGE FAGS GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea, thats why I asked

>Yea
You want to know how I know you're underaged?

who the fuck blocks java?

>now you're underaged?
Do tell.

"Who the fuck supports Java?" is a better question, nowadays.

4 by default

Even if it were capped to 0.1% it's still Malicious code.

Anyone old enough to read Shakespeare knows that "yea" is an archaic term, and the word you wanted to use was "yeah". Unfortunately, your generation was raised on text messages.

lol, I am lovin this, continue

>yea
>Not Ye
christ

That's literally it.

Ye is different.

>>Not ye
y?

Fuck the corporate bay. Use postman on i2p.

This except ironically

there

ezpz

>not using uBlock with default deny

well.. idk, since we're rapidly headed into a world where every fucking device has 64 cores or whatever, most of them doing nothing if you're browsing the web, maybe this is preferable to advertising.. normies phone batteries gonna get raped but meh

Yeah, fuck you TPB.

It's not your hardware to profit off of.

cool
i really like this

Sup Forums should do this