Why tf are these fugly things so popular?

enlighten me.

you're a fucking retard, kys, ty :^)

>durable
>great gahnoo slash loonix and hackintosh support
>cheap shit
>replacement parts are plenty available
>ugliness as an anti-stealing mechanism

Well then.

why are these considered ugly actually? i really like the looks of T420/W520/X220 and older thinkpads, nothing ugly to me

They look awesome the keyboards are spectacular but they are shity as a whole

because they're big, black, thick and heavy and Sup Forums is a little repressed

they're not even ugly, only retarded macfags would call these things ugly

what exactly makes them shitty?

I bought a T520. All I needed was a new disk so I put in a SSHD and I'm really impressed with how smooth the thing is.

And MacBooks are anorexic trap?

good to know.

>cheap shit
not where i'm from

i personally find them fugly because they're inconsistent. the buttons look like they were taken from 5 different laptops.

I should say just outdated rather not shity

My uni "gives" em out to all tech students. I've had three and am sloppy as shit, has survived me and can run any game and program. Would get again (my biggest complaint is shit trackpad)

I actually like the keys of the xx30 series and up.

They're not even that outdated when you actually look at what you're getting under the hood. Especially again if you go for xx30/ivy bridge and up. I'll take a 3rd or 4th gen swappable i5/i7 over 6th or 7th gen ulv shit. It's not like the processors they're putting in the average laptops have improved by leaps and bounds.

that's what hte trackpoint is there for

I brought a t420, runs real nice. Whats the next step up?

I prefer using the trackpad of other laptops over using the trackpoint. Though it is a comfy novelty.

this, and there is a little raceplace element going on too, where the big bulky thick black body is just pumping this little china company full of wonderful black seed.

lenovo can't do anything about it but look helpless with their cute bambi eyes as their humongous american partner rails them again and again in their trade agreement, just getting blacked blacked blacked all day long.

white betamale bitchboy american companies can't even compete

>why are these considered ugly actually?

They're only considered ugly by the applefags who think a laptop needs to have an thin aluminium unibody to look good.

The design screams productivity, anyone using a ThinkPad is more than likely bringing the money and bitches in.

T430 or T440P, Unless you wanna really step up and go for a W520/W530/W540

What is kys? Is it a shorthand for kiss? I keep seeing it

It's short for "lurk moar".

Kill yourself.

Why is every post hidden with racial bs i tho Sup Forums wasn't Sup Forums

Pol has infiltrated most boards, including tv

Sup Forums is cancer confirmed

>not where i'm from
it's cheap compared to what you get. if you use the same amount of money on anything else you will get much less bang for your buck

the keys on the new thinkpads are fine, the problem is the layout

Just give them their own /gpol/ so they can leave the rest of the threads on Sup Forums alone.

What's the best model for school?

That depends on what your needs are

4 school a chromebook 4 battery and usability jyst get one that can have linux on it good 2 go

whatever fits your budget. for the things you're doing at school, you dont need a tricked out laptop. you need something that can run a web browser and the office suite.

t420 was the last good thinkpad

Buddy, pol will take over, just you wait. This entire site will be containment. After that fills up, they will take over the internet

>neet nerds have no sense of aesthetics
shocking

How is Lenovo?

shit

>meme tier laptop
>bringing in money and bitches

ummm.. user?

t420 IS lenovo

thanks for response

Ugliness is subjective.

cheap
durable
cheap parts(original or chink)
DIY meme grade HW upgrade with basic tools(or chaep tools from china)
works bether then the all new low end and mid range laptops etc.

I had some thinkpads and I loved the build and keyboard. You could throw it in a bag with no worries.

I had to get rid of them though because the TN display would give me a headache to look at.

MacBooks aren't anorexic trap. They're anorexic gay. Traps aren't gay.

>meme

>replacement parts are plenty available
where the fucc can I find a latinamerican keyboard replacement for my x220t that doesn't cost as much as the fucking laptop then

How could anyone like the X-series laptops? They don't even have an optical disk drive for fuck sake... It took 3x the amount of steps to get the software to install a new SSD because the laptop couldn't take in the installation disk. I hated my X230.

Because thinkpads (up to the X220/T420) used to be really good laptops, durable, easy to repair, plenty of spare parts and good linux compability
New thinkpads suck ass and just ride off brand recognition

I'd consider the X230 and T430 as the borderline "good" ThinkPads. Other than the new keyboards they still had that "classic" aesthetic, durability, and repairness. Also, full voltage CPUs.

Those were still decent, but they also were the beginning of the end

Absolute garbage

Seconding this. However I found the keyboard to be respectable, being better than most other island style keyboards on laptops today. The only real issue is the change of layout in my opinion.

my laptops hinge is broken, suddenly thinkpads are much more appealing to me

Actually it's fucking sexy. I saw an X61s in a shop and got a boner by just looking at it.

>W520
Alpha male of thinkpads

That is why you buy thinkpad with IPS.

>cheap
>cute
>amazing keyboard and nipple
>powerful enough to be alright for today standards
>10h extended battery

it's just a good laptop

Because they're pretty fucking good. GANOO SLESH LINSUX is a fucking breeze on these laptops.

If you have to ask, you won't get it anyways, so do us a favour and haul your ass back to wherever you came from.
>implying this beauty is """ugly"""
sasuga macfags. Don't you have a kidney to sell to buy the new iphoneX

Buy a broken one for 20bucks and donor the keyboard to yours

>not just buying M3 stickers
what the fugg??

They're not borderline good, swap the keyboard to the X220/T420 one and it's a hard upgrade in every respect.

>faster RAM freq
>much better iGPU
>more/any USB3
>slightly better battery life
>better quad core options for T430 than T420

Has anyone here used a ThinkPad X270? My uni is offering one to me and I have no idea what to expect.

>putting stickers on a keyboard
>needing to look at your keyboard
w e w l a d

Basically they are durable laptops with amazing cooling and replaceable/upgradable parts. Instead of tossing $1,000 for the latest $1,000 ultrabook trash that throttles to 800 MHz from apple you can spend $100 for a heavier and bulkier laptop (not that it should matter if you have a pair) that sustains 3.2 GHz frequencies.

If you really did care about portability you would buy a tablet PC like an i7 surface pro 4 (which can also sustain 3.2 GHz frequencies) anyway.

Sup Forums hasn't "infiltrated" anything

go back to /x/ with your conspiracy theories

It's going to be another 10-15 years before hardware manufacturers catch up and realize nobody is using fucking cd's anymore

Sturdy.

>>ugliness as an anti-stealing mechanism
This.

trackpad isn't that bad on linux but on windows its absolute hell

I have no idea either. Unless you're going to get an old piece of shit to use libreboot, it makes no fucking sense.
I tried a new t460 but genuinely can't see any appeal. You can get same or better specs, aesthetics and build quality for same price if not cheaper. It's also almost as thick as a gaming laptop wtf
I'll probably get an X1 Carbon as I have to replace my second machine. I always carry 2 ultrabooks with me and they're just as thick as one of those thinkpad shit bricks, if only marginally heavier.
I don't get this muh productivity bullshit, what exactly is so much better?

>using the optical drive
>even on the T series laptops
The true patrician option is replacing it with a hard drive caddy or removing it entirely to save weight.

Cheap and sturdy, nice keyboard.
Those are the top 3 reasons desu.

Recent thinkpads aren't cheap and the keyboard isn't as nice but it's still the best keyboard out of all current laptops

X230/T430 are literally the same laptops except for better specs/worse keyboard (which is replaceable with the good keyboard)

They're actual space tech, and not something out of a pretentious sci-fi movie

T440p is good too
The last Thinkpad with a replaceable CPU
All you have to do is swap trackpad with T450 one to get trackpoint buttons back

x220 is cute! CUTE!

Wow, that really does look like a newer T420
Do people just never talk about it because of the keyboard or what?

because they're the best

>tfw bought a t440s

did i fuck up

It's shit.

I just want an updated X301.

> implying good businesses care about memes
lel

Still terrible.

>BIOS backdoors
Sounds like Amerisharts are the ones getting cucked.

How so?

chinkpads are the fedoras of laptops.

It's not terrible.

It's not quite like previous thinkpads design-wise, and the buttonless trackpad is a (fixable) blunder, but it is in all respects a totally kickass laptop

The battery life is great, it lasts like 10 hours of web browsing an 8 hours of video watching

It's most notable for never throttling even at max loads of quadcore, which is pretty great on a 14 inch laptop, and means it beats the pants off say the T470p

You can't pull that off on your T420 with a QM inside it.

It even has the classic extendo battery

>cheap
>easy to upgrade and keep working
>keyboard is great
>OS support is great
>track point
>physical button for everything
>tons of ports

> keyboard
> lack of clamshell
> keyboard
> no bottom buttons
> keyboard
> large trackpad that gets in the way when you type (I like to use them sometimes when I'm not using the TrackPoint)
>>>>> keyboard
Sure they upgraded some of the components, but not having a 7-row keyboard that isn't island style is a dealbreaker. Also looks like shit. They don't have That Look and Feel (TM).

I'll stick to my old ThinkPads, I do all my heavy stuff on a desktop anyways.

The keyboard is great.
The layout is silly but all you faggots who whine about it have never actually used it.

The keys curve in just like desktop keyboards and it has deeper travel distance due to having no sides on the keys.

It types great.

No other laptop manufacturer currently has a better keyboard than the Lelnovo nu-'chiclet' one

Looks fine to me.

>Sure they upgraded some of the components
Try all of them.

I'm never going back to T420's terrible screen

>lack of clamshell
It's there, just not as pronounced. But I do understand this complaint. I hate sharp corners on the wrist just as much as you do. But it is still rounded off at the bottom a little bit.

>no bottom buttons
Not an argument. If you use the trackpad instead of the trackpoint you're a faggot.

Samefag.

I don't care about how well it types, I care about not having to fish around for the fucking Insert, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, End, and Delete keys.

I press the bottom buttons with my thumb sometimes.

Well, not how well it types in comparison to the old keyboard, which was fantastic anyways.

>I press the bottom buttons with my thumb sometimes.
Well, you can still press the whole trackpad in to accomplish the same thing, if you're committed to being a disgusting degenerate like that.

So it's only a problem if you're unable to adapt, because they're all there and nut buried under Fn combos or whatever.

Do you avoid desktop keyboards because Ins/Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDown are off to the right instead of above Backspace too?