Is it time to kill composite video?

Is it time to kill composite video?

The RCA connectors themselves will probably outlive you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8uvNkY6b4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck no, I watch low res streams on my crt and it makes them look great, also internet is shit where I live so HD is a dream for me

Same could be said for the headphone jack but we keep it around because of its convenience, its function over form, technology is moving forward and stepping over itself in the process
Don't wish things away, you'll miss them when your wish comes true

Listen I dont care if a company can save 12 cent getting rid of composite. Why not leave TRRS? whats the harm?

>HD is a dream
Pathetic.

Composite video died 15 years ago brah

How come Raspberry Pies and similar computers built down to a cost use it for video then?

youtube.com/watch?v=e8uvNkY6b4E

>Brah
dont pretend like you talk like that naturally you phony

>component makes SD stuff look great
No user, it makes it look even worse. Try RGB or S-Video.

my capture card has it, handy as fuck for messing with old shit

It uses HDMI as video output. The RCA is there for legacy.

I have a sony trintron from the mid 90s and one from the early 20s the only crt I have that has s-video is a shitty korean one with terrible color

wat

The Trinitron surely has other options, like RGB. Unless you're american.

Im in australia and no theres no scart or s-video in either. I picked up the latest crt trintron from gumtree for free and there is no rgb option and its as new of crt you can get

Component =/= composite retard

You won't find RGB on CRT TVs in Australia, unfortunately. Component and S-Video shouldn't be hard to find, though. I have two TVs with ports for those signals.

Don't you have SCART down under?

No, never really got it in consumer sets down here.

Composite video is kill for years already. Unless you're a tech illiterate hipster.
The connector is somewhat good but not as good as BNC.

I have one of those black consumer Trinitrons from the late 90's.
It has dedicated RGB input from SCART. Also PAL60.

Feels good to be a PALfag.

It was illegal to sell TVs in France without SCART from 1980 to 2015. Why are the French such stupid bureacrats?

That was a great decision, what are you on about?

YOU
I have one of these tubes too, but no remote.
Where can I get one of those?

yooo where my /vr/ niggas at

Here you can get the same set for around 5€ or even free when you open any local sales site, usually with remote.

An universal remote will be useless, as you can't open the service menu for calibration, so just look for a new TV or if you find an identical one, ask for just a remote if it's cheap.

>creating TVs with SCART in 2015
>France is a technological marvel

pleb

What's wrong with that though?
For something like play PlayStation over RGB it's still useful even on a 2015 flatscreen.

My 2016 TV also has it.