most likely a hardware failure, not Windows

hardware

the updates system was broken for nearly two years

this works better, unless your hardware is too new

DBAN JUST WIPED EVERYTHING

This is now No OS thread.

dban.org/
>It cannot detect or erase SSDs
What the fuck is this shit? Is that shortcoming common across all data erasers or is dban just too shitty?

>Microsoft shilling tips #12
"If you see a counter example of your strong claims, simply blame it on hardware. Remember: "It just works if you, the salesperson establish so"

did my own research and found this. What the fuck, this is probably why the (((industry))) has been shilling SSDs so hard. Sad!

>what is windows update

Never found out, I never saw my windows machines finished updating 2bh

you would know this if you had a fucking clue how drives work

It's not shilling, the technology is different

You can write 0s to discs all you want with dban because they get stored on tracks on them so that makes sense, but SSDs are just electrons stored, so instead of overwriting them, just flush them, which is what you should do with ssds, basically open the floodgates and let all the electrons out

Alright, one more stupid question how do I find out if my external storage is HD or SSD? Product number is wdbzfp0010bbk-04 if you google it you will see the product, but it doesn't describe anywhere what kind of drive it has.

rule of thumb, if it makes sounds when you use it it mechanical

>WD 1TB My Passport Ultra Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Model WDBZFP0010BBK-NESN Black
>Portable Hard Drive
>Hard Drive
come on man, step up

Nice joke

Hello anons I need to find a FOSS software that can clean up windows rot on any version better than msconfig.

IT. JUST. WORKS.

>piece of shit ready
Doesn't that apply to every version of windows?

nope

yup