What went so wrong for Intel after this processor...

What went so wrong for Intel after this processor? This was legitimately the last good processor that Intel has released. It can still even hang with the 7700k ffs.

lack of competition makes markets stagnate

i want to upgrade from my 4790k to a 7800k or even a coffin lake but there is pretty much no point in doing so

fugg

AMD shills convinced everyone they need more cores.

Fuck me i have a 4790k @ 4.6ghz on all cores im comfy as fuck famalalalalalala

Exactly what I'm posting from right now too with same OC. I have a 4690k @ 4.6 as well. The 2500k I have in use still is 4.4. I might build a threadripper media server. Waiting on AMD second gen to see how it fares. Intel memelake or newer look unattractive. Used laptops/rigs with Haswell chips are nice for the money at the moment.

This, more cores = 0% performance improvement

1 intel core = 8 AMD cores

Haswell/Devil's Canyon was also the first time you could run VT-d on K parts. I have Manjaro installed on one that plays games just fine with Win10. No need to worry about that botnet mess.

All AMD has to fix for their next line is clockspeed. The 4Ghz wall is real.

>6950X launched at >$1500
thank you based AMD

I bought an i7 4790 because I'm afraid of overclocking
still performing perfectly

I was also afraid of OC'ing but I bought a 4670K regardless.
Finally decided to push it to 4.2GHz a month ago but I got paranoid about the VRMs frying and went back to stock. Apparently my motherboard lacks sensors for it so I can't check temps.

Even if they do I think it's all fucking retarded desu. Their R7s only consume 65W max at 3.2 GHz. I'll take that with a passive cooler over 8 cores at 5 GHz with a noisy/leaky/bulky AIO and a power consumption of 300W.

Your botnet mess is definitely an issue son. Ever heard of intel management engine? No one is safe.

Why can't we have both ?

Because that's not how physics work on silicon based processors. Maybe once we make optical ones though...

>The goyim made me release a mainstream 6 core, fucking antisemites

we can actually

>when my i7 has been running at a +65% OC for 9 years

buncha fuckin pussies

tfw don't even oc my r5 1600

>$0.01 has been deposited in your account
Thank you for your brave shilling Pajeet.

TIHS.

Why aren't y'all running a Celeron G440 yet? It is a single core Sandy Bridge, have Soldered IHS and is INTEL

Brian, the cores