Whats the best aftermarket version?

The 1070 has seemed to drop in price finally to a decent asking price on Amazon. The question is whats the best one to get?

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/237016/nvidia-readying-a-geforce-gtx-1070-refresh-gtx-1070-ti
youtu.be/BHH-ycqpYuA?t=337
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had an evga FTW version that had higher 3dmark scores than some 1080s. It was an amazing card. I traded it in for a 1080ti for maxing out 1440p though

techpowerup.com/237016/nvidia-readying-a-geforce-gtx-1070-refresh-gtx-1070-ti

MSi = EVGA > Asus > everything else

Tangentially related: at what point is there no point in buying a more powerful card if one is using a single 1080p display? GTX 1050? 1060?

Palit Jetstream or Gamerock. Both have that magic triple slot cooler (pic related). Works good.

I'm using a 1060 on a 1200p monitor and can do most everything necessary when it comes to gaymen, exceptions are ridiculous amounts of post processing and muh hairworks.

So it would probably be enough for me to max out any game on a 1080p display then. Cool, just trying to figure out what card I'll upgrade to when my 950 becomes too outdated to run something I want.

>I had an evga FTW version
I have one of these, it broke after 2 months and had to be sent to EVGA. The replacement has been fine and it overclocked pretty well with minimal effort but I'm now using a 1080Ti instead.

>still trying to find one that isn't 85 bucks over

EVGA if you want costumer support;
MSI if you want silence;
Gigabyte if you want the lowest price;
ASUS if you want muh colorful RGB LED with christmas three blinking effects.

>MSI if you want silence
Since when? Those things are jet turbines

The Gaming X is dead silent, and only spins the fans at 60C+. I don't know about the Armor version though.

My RX Vega 56 is amazingly quiet on a stock blower. Even under load I can hardly here it above my other case fans (Fractal R4 with 5 default fans). Only when you overclock it and push the voltage up do the spans spin up loud (manually set fan speeds that is since it is locked to 2400 RPM on Balanced). I've found for daily use I can undervolt right down to 950mV (that is its floor) @ 1537-1592Mhz core/1000Mhz HBM.

Core speed hovers around 1510Mhz and system power at the wall barely goes over 300w most times. Temperatures are in the 70-73c range at ambient room temp of 21c

Yeah it's dead silent until it hit's 60C
which is like idle temp level so once you start gaming the fans are always going to start and they are loud as fuck
EVGA has 60C+ fan control
So does literally everyone else

>things that never happened

This is slightly older. I realised I could go lower voltage and not lose a ton of performance by doing so. It still beats the pants off a GTX 1070 in everything but power usage.

RX Vega 56 on 64 BIOS.

I have been looking at the same thing. I need to upgrade as training neural networks on a CPU is painfully slow.

I got the asus dual oc, because it has two hdmi ports so I can plug in a tv, and a slightly cheap monitor. only issue is no backplate

1070 imo. 144 hz ultra overwatch, high 90s pubg everything maxed, 30 fps total war warhammer everything maxed, but that could be cpu based

Are Zotac 1070s worth a shit?

I have the Gaming X 1060 with a pretty healthy overclock on it. It's dead silent under heavy load when above 60c. Highest I've seen the fans spin up is around 1100RPM.

Bullshit. There is no 1070 in existence that even matches a stock 1080. The highest 1070 graphics score on OcUK's Fire Strike leaderboard is 21559 at 2.15GHz. A stock FE 1080 gets 21905. You were either comparing overall scores, heavily dependent on CPU, or are full of shit.

Wait for 1070Ti

NIGGER BTFOOOOOO

Strix and Windforce

Yeah that's literally every other card except aurus and strix

>beats the pants off
it's barely 200 points higher a year and a half later

Wait for GTX 1070 Ti or Volta GTX 2070

>TimeSpy
Nice cherry pick.

An OCed aftermarket 1070 beats the 1080 founders edition, at least on gaming.
youtu.be/BHH-ycqpYuA?t=337

:(

A 1080 is like $60 more. Also, see what the 1070Ti turns out like

how are the temps and noise for the 1080 compared to the 1070

i value that more than extra frames