Lets say I have access to some factory service manuals, for example, for Apple products...

Lets say I have access to some factory service manuals, for example, for Apple products. Lets say these manuals are unavailable to the general public. Lets say I wanted to leak these manuals. How would I do this? Is there some place I can upload them easily?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/11/cease-and-desist-manuals-planned-obsolescence/
tim.id.au/blog/tims-laptop-service-manuals/#toc-apple
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ipfs

What are factory manuals and how are they different than consumer ones? I know dell has all the manuals online so you can replace anything for your laptop.

nobody gives a shit. also, mega

you mean like wikileaks?

they tell you how to repair everything on them. they tell you exactly how to disassemble and reassemble. they usually tell you part numbers for ordering replacement parts. they tell you when, what, and how to use (internal use only) software for performing various firmware transfers etc.

basically, when you send your products in for repair, its what the technicians of the actual manufacturer use. some manufacturers are open with sharing this, but others do not release this.

how the fuck do you figure nobody gives a shit? people who repair their own products give a shit. people who fix other peoples products, especially for a source of income, give a shit. people who want to upgrade or modify their electronic devices give a shit

anyway thanks for suggestion on mega

wired.com/2012/11/cease-and-desist-manuals-planned-obsolescence/

>I’m outraged, too. Not just because of this specific case, but because of what it means for the lifetime of our devices, the future of repair and e-waste, and the *abuse of copyright law as a weapon *for planned obsolescence.

>Keeping manuals off the internet ensures the only path for beleaguered customers is sending broken devices back to high-priced, only-manufacturer-authorized service centers. By making it so expensive and inconvenient to repair broken electronics, this policy amounts to planned obsolescence: many people simply throw the devices away.

>we’re losing thousands of domestic jobs as independent repair shops shut down; and consumers are being forced to replace their hardware much frequently than they should have to.

>Many manufacturers don’t publish manuals online, so they’re only available from third-party sites with suspicious names like “Givemefile.net” and “download-service-manuals.com.” These sites create networks of ad-riddled pages for each file in an elaborate dance to boost their Google juice above their competitors’.

nobody uses that shit

Just make a torrent, put it on a piratebox, and share the magnet link on the most popular torrent websites ya goofball. Also don't be a huge fucking cunt, seed it 24/7 even on a tiny 64kbps seed and just include like 4 trackers, we don't need 500, that won't help download faster m90.

where is the link user? Also, if those are Apple manuals why aren't we linking those to Louis Rossmann so he can REEEEE for hours

Apple doesn't release any information on how to repair their products so people are forced to take their devices to official apple repair shops, cutting out any profits for independent computer repair businesses. If you seriously have detailed internal repair manuals, releasing them would be fantastic.

i physically possess the pdfs. i do not have a link. but if you want links to apple manuals, here you go:

tim.id.au/blog/tims-laptop-service-manuals/#toc-apple

in my specific case, I only used Apple as an example. But I have some from someone else who also does not release them

Use tor, post on mega, post links everywhere. If you can setup your torrent client through to then make a torrent as well

thanks. you seem to have caught on, but to make it clear to everyone else in case they haven't, I would like this to be untraceable to me.

Give it to that guido Louis Rossman.

so, make a torrent and upload it. Fuck em.

Just fucking post it here,

upload to Sup Forums and someone here will take care of it

Those manuals would be a godsend for people like Louis Rossman.

I have like 100+ different manuals, and they take up a few GB. Is there a Sup Forums ftp or something?

There is but there hasn't been a thread in a while. Why not make a torrent? That's easy and quick.

MAKE A TORRENT

>>Many manufacturers don’t publish manuals online, so they’re only available from third-party sites with suspicious names like “Givemefile.net” and “download-service-manuals.com.” These sites create networks of ad-riddled pages for each file in an elaborate dance to boost their Google juice above their competitors’.

That's just about the stupidest argument I have ever heard, but okay. You're saying >manfacturers don't make their stuff available, so other people steal it and make it available, and profit from taking the risk of peddling stolen goods

post this info here. i want to sell it to those shitty phone repair shops. i'll send you some monero in return.

>Apple should just give away for free copious amounts of intellectual property which they have clearly put a lot of time, money, and thought into developing.

Yeah, are you gonna jump out of the helicopter yourself or am I gonna have to push you out, commie?

these Apple manuals are actually pretty high quality though. much better than the asus stuff

>larps as a libertarian
>believes in "intellectual property," which no libertarian thinker has ever backed

if you're looking to not get tracked by releasing them you've already fucked up, since you can't use TOR or other VPNs to post here.

people, like corporations, can keep secrets if they want to. you are allowed to keep information that you use to create your livelihood a secret, believe it or not.

I.... I'm those shitty phone repair shops. And I want em

MAKE THE TORRENT OP

like, the ultimate in privacy?
buy some bitcoin, have a service clean it, pay for a seedbox, stick it on there. upload the magnet everywhere, and send messages to rossman group and whoever else you want.

apart from that, just stick it on mega or one of another dozen DL sites through tor.

maybe you guys dont understand, but I will be releasing this stuff 100% free, the way it should be. I do not need money or ad revenue in return, this stuff should be freely available. everyone has a right to repair their own devices, and independent repair shops have a right to repair devices as well.

this is already a legal requirement when it comes to automobiles; car manufacturers must provide service manuals to independent garages. Everyone has a right to service their own electronic devices

In *most* cases, these service manuals will be used to repair devices whereas the manufacturer either no longer repairs them, or if they do, they charge more than the device is worth. this is forced planned obsolescence. and it is wrong

while i think service manuals should be free all of the time, for sure, if a manufacturer is unwilling to repair your device for a fraction of the devices total worth, then they should be legally required to disclose the service manual so that you can repair it yourself or an independent shop can repair it at a reasonable cost

Why is it every one of these threads results in no upload?

because the guy's not an idiot

>doesn't know how to upload
>asks how on one of the most popular/most monitored sites

they quickly realize what they're asking, and GTFO. they may post it elsewhere, but it's stupid to post anything even a little sensitive in a thread here

As someone who has a torrent client regularly wipe my trackers, it will make a torrent last longer.
I tried copy pasting random trackers and actually got a few torrents to start downloading again like that.

lets say youre making shit up on an anime image board. lets say i wanted to call you what you are. what would i say?

As someone said there is, though I lost the link to it when I broke my raid.
There is also /t/.
The standard is to post the magnet link, something like "magnet:reiwjroijewroewrf" and it gets added in the torrent program with the add magnet button and just copy/paste it.
Be sure to put it here too.

top fucking kek
If youre serious please kill yourself. Faggots spend thousands of dollars on their crap. If you have thousands invested in something then you have the right to repair it.
aplels policy is to decline as much warranty repairs as they can and to tell people something is totally fucked when a simple capacitor failed.

Go watch that guy on youtube that fixes apple shit.

Nice try,
N S A
I
G
G
E
R

kek is this the same faggot who claimed to have Photoshop source code like a month ago

Give them to Rossman

Did we get anything from him? I got tired of waiting.

I'm guessing you mean the AppleCare Technician Manuals (formerly Service Source Manuals).

Probably upload to somewhere like Mega, Google Drive, whatever. Don't use your actual details or accounts, use a different connection if possible, make it as difficult to trace as you can.

Truthfully though, unless you have a website up saying "Service Manuals for everyone, come and get it" advertised for everyone to download them, Apple or whoever won't care. I know of discussion forums where members openly share Apple board schematics and board views, and nobody has come after them yet.

shit, i remember that. so what happened to him?

/thread

Just buy a ThinkPad.
All service manuals available.

It's mind-boggling why you would accept anything else in the first place.

Bad analogy. You generally don't have the right to take people to court over a personal secret.

Intelectual property uses the state to take away others' freedom to use information and technology, which is otherwise freely copyable. Any serious libertarian should be against this.

Just upload it to mega or some other file sharing site, makes files do not have your name or can lead back to you (owner infomation, company information etc)

If you want to be really fancy get a seedbox by using bitcoin and then upload the torrent to tpb. Once other people start seeding it will be impossible to take down.

there's this one that was posted a lot in the /cyb/+/sec/ threads. pw: guest

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/