Can i unlock somebody's iphone x with a picture of the owners face?

can i unlock somebody's iphone x with a picture of the owners face?
like a facebook profile picture that anybody can access

Since everyone else is gonna give you a meme answer, lemme tell ya why this wouldn't work.

The face itself is scanned by a sensor on the phone that puts out little invisible lazer beams that measure the depth of the face on multiple points, on top of face recognition. So to answer? No.

It's hilarious how frustrated nerds think they can outsmart fucking Apple.
You seriously think their development team didn't think of this and put the appropriate safeguards to prevent that from happening?
You're fucking retarded.

Give it back, Duquesne.

>the phone attacks your face with lazers
fuck off it does

Biometrics aren't secure, dumb iToddler.

>Talking to frog poster:
>You're fucking retarded
Was there ever any doubt?

>nerd think they can outsmart apple
>what is the fappening?

It's just outsmarting celebrities, not Aplel software.

Sorry, this isn't Samsung type of 2D tech.

You'd make loads of cash if you prove it by outsmarting FaceID once it's out.

>get good camera
>find a way to take picture and make it 3d either through crappy software or some new-age technology that takes 3D pictures
>3D print a small mask, apply picture to mask with some technique
> Put "key" up to sensor and camera
>Unlock?
But honestly you would need a pretty good camera and some way to gather 3D data, a 3D printer (you can have anything printed and shipped if not) and a mastery with applying a photo to said 3D object with near-exact precision (like with a water image transfer.) And even then, if you aren't precise it may not take the mask if it can tell the difference between a static model and a live face

Wait. So po-lice can unlock it easy peasy by holding the phone up to a detainee's face? Nice.

kek

They can compel you to use Touch ID anyways, your only defence against da polees is a code that you "forget"

nice try, jamal

a thief could do the same
>get beat up
>thief holds phone to face
>LOL THANKS FOR THE THOUSAND DOLLAR PHONE FAGGOT

Same as with finger print readers then? Besides, if someone is willing to beat you up, why can't they just beat the code out of you?

They said they tested it with masks made by professionals, so it's unlikely to work, and there are only two tries.

The ways around it are either legal (you're compelled to unlock it, as is the case with TouchID) or the good ol' KGB method that works against any passcode.

>buy $5 wrench
>hit isheep in back of head
>use their own unconscious mug to unlock the phone

Would it work with a severed head?

i don't see why not

Windows face recognition uses infrared to get around the picture thing. If it doesn't have body heat in the right places it doesn't work. I imagine the iPhone will do something similar.

Easy, just take some of their DNA and make a clone, age it by giving the baby clone a bunch of cigarettes and use the tortured baby clone's face. Takes less time than actually cracking the code

>cigarettes speed up ageing
That's such a bullshit. My friend smoked since she was 16 and still gets carded at 42.

Why not? Laser scanning is old technology and is simple and low cost to do

>same fagging this hard

Maybe because he is a manlet lmao. Smoking stunts your growth.

Weren't those stored on the apple iCloud

What if I replicate their face with a 3d printer?

You can pull a 3d model of a face using a single image then 3D print it and try that.