CPU backdoor

What is the most recent/best CPU without a backdoor installed?

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/products/librem-13/
libreboot.org/faq.html#will-the-purism-laptops-be-supported
sifive.com/products/hifive1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Intel Core 2 Duo Generation 3 are still rather recent and they can be fully un-Intel-ME'd with Libreboot as an example
AMD's old non-botnetted CPUs aren't worth it

#Hillary2016 I'm with her

muh backdoors, no one wants your collection of MLP so dont worry you neckbeard faggot

What if have paranoia and can't sleep knowing my computer could be listening?
What if I'm a criminal?
What if I just mainly have principles and a proclivity for maximun freedom?

8350 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> c2d

botnet

well get some pills for that paranoia it can get worse, and if you are a criminal what the fuck are you doing on this chinese basket forum and also unless you are some world infamous criminal i doubt anyone would think to check your PC, and yea maximum freedom for the cost of shit performance

bulldozer if I recall

>What if I'm a criminal?
stop violating the law

Was it proved that although the backdoor existed on bulldozer, it was disabled?

Also, openrisc when?

Since which generation did AMD hop on the botnetted cpu trend?

what is a CPU backdoor anyway? it would be sending data right? But it would have to go through the internet, can't you monitor and/or block that?

I think it comes without PSP
I can't really recall though so you should look it up yourself :^)

>when
never, and eventually all backdoor-free machines will die

has intel released any public statement on the ME fiasco?

It circumvents the cpu, but you could probably block it in your router. However, LE could still use it if they have physical access to your computer and possible use it to extract encryption keys and whatnot.

That assumes that your router is backdoor free.

The authentication bypass or the NSA code?

Fair enough. As I posted I realized it may be able to connect to any random available wifi as well. Can it do that?

They probably aren't allowed to talk about it.

everything related to the ME

Don't kid yourself, they're willing partners

so people ask their PR about the ME and they just reply no comment? isn't that supposed to be world shattering news?

It can be made to run any code that the processor itself can run, so yes.

No.

What do they(or AMD) have to gain from this functionality? I can't imagine they implemented this of their own volition.

Normies don't care about this. Their first reaction is going to be "well, I have nothing to hide. This is for my own safety".

>What do they(or AMD) have to gain from this functionality?
You're assuming Intel higher-ups aren't buddies with the """deep state"""

You're right on that. I just meant this isn't something they would've developed without the instigation/support of the deep state.

Given a free choice, they would instead probably develop things that their marketing team can use, like "more cores".

>botnet is now for your safety
So they enjoy being cucked

AMD Phenom II X6

8350?

I'll give you a list of recent, non-botnetted CPUs:
[]
And yes, this includes mobile CPUs and most other architectures.
/bread

How long until these fucking CIA niggers start injecting LSD into my CPU?

puri.sm/products/librem-13/

Obligatory.

"backdoor" at this point is just a byword for getting old and becoming a neo-luddite. you won't accept proof either way because you insist that it's just going to be falsifiable, or that you're just a shill from the company who makes it. you're getting into creationist kind of shit with this and it's all just an excuse to stick to single core shit under the guise that you're being "tracked". When in reality you're just the same as your grandma fighting PCs in the 80s and you're scared to death of all this. About as bad as holding onto dumbphones because they were just from a time before you knew better and you make up that smartphones are for "tracking".

Generally speaking any recent desktop processor has it. Go to the fucking Intel page and look for one without Intel vPro.
Shitty atoms and celerons do not have it, maybe because they didn't even bother.

Seems that for a new rig you have to choose between shitty and botnetted.

libreboot.org/faq.html#will-the-purism-laptops-be-supported

>will the ism laptops be supported
>will my autism be supported

sifive.com/products/hifive1/

so this computer has no tracking chips at all?
not even the intel one?

maybe then they'd be good

>well get some pills for that paranoia it can get wors
S O M A
O
M
A

Did you even read the libreboot article. It does.

It still does, but it's disabled iirc. I believe they have the chip manufactured with certain options turned off. Still not 100% of binary blobs are removed though, as mentioned by:

As the next line says, nothing past 2008 is supported. Shame.

We need to break away from the Intel/AMD duopoly in order to have recent options. New PPC desktops when?

What if the law is not legitimate?

never, since normalfriends want to use proprietary software only available on x86

AMD FX lineup. They didn't have the PSP.

Do you live in a democracy?

Only on paper.

Didn't realize risc chips had hit the market. Seems like the bootloader sources are made public as well. Good shit.

It's RISC-V - even the arch is public.

I'm pretty sure the x86's instruct set is already in the public domain. It's just Intel/AMD's implementation+bootloader that's locked down.

Someone could make an openhardware version of the x86 but since it's going to be geared towards a very niche tech savvy crowd, you may as well start with a cleaner/superior slate. eg. openRISC

>x86's instruct set is already in the public domain
Extensions aren't. Enjoy your no SSE.

so its a piece of shit

when do they release one where there is NO botnet chips=?

RISC-V has a permissive license. I believe vendors can make certain changes and not release it to the public domain.