After all these years, I still don't fully understand what the point of a tablet is...

After all these years, I still don't fully understand what the point of a tablet is. Am I just an old square or is there a legitimate use for tablets?

not really except for books
buying each and every book might be satisfying but at some point its just too much and you'll want to have something digital to read on. you can store many hundreds of books on a single tablet and its barely more than 200g. eBook readers are bullshit for this though, they're rather expensive and locked down to one use while tablets can do much more than that.

I like it for browsing or reading in bed. Also use it when travelling, can show more than a phone and at 8 inches I can stuff it into anywhere.

>Now 4 years old LG GPad 8.3 on pure Marshmallow

i got one when I couldn't afford cellphone service but still needed a mobile device. Smaller than a laptop, still able to send emails and stuff.

my laptop took longer to boot and was at more of a risk of breaking by carrying it around and constantly opening and closing it. The tablet fit nicer in to a backpack and wasn't always getting bumped because of how small it was

>tablets are only good for reading
>ebooks are shit because you can only read on them
smart

11" 2:1 are so comfy. Touch is one of those things that doesn't really matter but when you do its super convenient

My wife uses one to read books like fifty shades of gray

i rate this post a C-

God that book is so poorly written. I consider it a personal insult that that woman got so rich off of that pile of trash.
What a waste of good paper.

personally my reading retention's better on a tablet. not sure why that is.
the iPad is really comfy.

Books and drawing maybe?

I've also noticed that it's easier to pay attention to what you're reading when you're reading off of something you're holding rather than something that's on a fixed location like a desk or on a small screen like a phone.
Why is that?

onanism

Not really. There is a reason they're declining; they really don't require upgraded hardware, they aren't particularly useful, and they're not particularly portable.

Except thats not what he said fuctard. He was refrencing that for the comparable cost of an ereader to a tablet it has less functionality. Ex. 200 tablet can be used for videos, mp3s, pictures, and third party applications. Whereas a 200 ereader can just be used for books and documents.

So I have an office and I enjoy watching Sports on a second screen. I put my Kindle Fire on the side and watch whatever is on.

Cheaper and less obnoxious than having a second monitor.

One word fag: CHILDREN

Ever have children? Ever had to travel with them? Tablets are god tier for entertaining them. Best $200 I ever spent in my life.

I have one that sits propped up on my nightstand. It serves as my alarm clock, but it's nice to have an interface there where I can also check emails quickly, watch YouTube, do other tablet type stuff. I could use my phone, but the bigger screen is more comfortable to read on while relaxing.

/shitparentgeneral/

I'd make a joke about how your kid is going to grow into a fat poopsocker neckbeard virgin who's never taken his eyes off a screen in his life, but we all know that's actually you and you have no children.

I use my tablet when I'm on the toilet. It's a lot better than a laptop because the keyboard would get in the air and make it too cumbersome to use.

I said I didn't see the point when Apple "invented" the format.
Had two different tablets in my house for the last 4 ish years, still totally don't see the point.

Shit as an ereader
Shit for browsing the Web
Shit for games
Not bad for watching media, if you can be arsed to hold the fucking thing for two hours

No thanks, give me a phone, proper computer and an ereader. The right device for each job.

Actually, I see this quite often nowadays. Been to a friend's wedding, and there were a few couples with kids, one of them had their kid 'under control' by popping down a tablet that had an episode of the Winnie the Pooh cartoons running.

It does feel like admission of incapability though, you're basically saying - well, I can't control my kid at a large event (very few can), and I don't want the hassle of constantly interacting with it while I raise my glass to the newlyweds..

Technology has developed because people sat down and thought 'I'm too lazy to do this, let's invent something that'll do it for me'.

So there's that.

If you can't touch type and don't do anything that requires any computing power they're basically the same as a computer. I think this is why they're so popular.