Redpill me on the Pi Zero

Redpill me on the Pi Zero

Is it fast enough to do anything besides making some LEDs blink?

Other urls found in this thread:

adafruit.com/product/3099?src=raspberrypi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're too lazy to learn a real programming language but need something like an Arduino, get this.

You can fit one + HDMI adapter + OTG cable + power switch inside a NES cartridge. Built one for my dad last year. Does up to SNES emulation no problems. Got that plus a real arcade joystick for like $50 total and my dad fucking loves it

i know nothing about computers.
but it feels like these are meant for you to learn how to turn things into IoT devices.
get something.
add this to it.
then add linux over it.
tadaaaaa

you can play quake 3 on it i think???

Plays 1080p h264 without a problem.
Emulates NES and some SNES.
Uhhh... Runs BOINC very slowly and installs Arch?

you can play quake3 on my dick.
doesn't mean my dick is good platform for embedded development.

it can do everything the original rpi could do and more

$5 price point is cool but they just want to jew you into buying adapters

I'd rather just go for a beefier device. nowadays the chink knockoffs are better.

im envious of the relationship you have with your father

dick is literally the original embedded development technology user

I have an ODROID C2 @ 1.75ghz and it's still too slow to do anything other than kodi.

Proof of quake 3 on dick?

My Arduino makes some LEDs blink.

what exactly do you want it to do?

Run RISC OS and program in BBC BASIC

Play gaems like pubg on it, duh.

You can use it in embedded applications if you have no concern about power draw:

Example for good use case:
Fridge, Always connected, you have a gauranteed 5V rail you can leech off to run your hella inefficient code on.

Bad use case :
Bluetooth Peripheral : The power use would drain even large batteries in days rather than weeks or months.

Post dick

fuck that I wanna see her boypussy

Why do you hate your dad by giving him such a shit poor emulation experience?

>chink
The software/driver support sucks though.

this, seriously, you cannot get acceptable emulation without an i7, 32GB DDR4 and a 1080

runs chrome
/thread

A fucking Atmega is enough for most things you'd do with a device like an RPi.
No, YouTube isn't something you'd do on a device like this.

Can it run Bittorrent?

>Arduino
>real programming
ok sure bud

You can't play quake 3 on your dick. Stop lying. Your dick does not have any hardware and software requirements to run quake 3. You dick does not even have a single neuron cell.

>not realizing that that it's merely an atmega breakout board with a serial converter and regulator on board
>not buying them for $2 a piece on aliexpress
There's nothing stopping you from using it like a normal AVR chip.

I really want to buy a zero just to build a rss server that displays current news and updates of websites I regularly visit.

Elpida still exists?

using a pizero as local torrent/samba server. it does the job but my pi is linked via wifi and read speed is kind of meh but you just have to use a player with pre-cache (I'm using mpv) and you won't notice stuttering during the media streaming

It's fast enough to run my website

Do it

I just found out you can get Pi compatible E-ink displays, that shit is dope

How big? making your own ereader would be amazing

I used one to turn an old stereo into a pandora player. Its pretty cool.

It's for people too lazy to use a bread board, too dumb to learn how to program a 16-bit processor, and too 1st-world affluent to know you can scrap a $5 mobo for all the parts in OP pic and make one yourself in less time than it takes to ship.

You can literally do everything one of these meme machines can do on your laptop. They have zero use unless you need them placed far away or absolutely require a dedicated board.

>a much larger, much more powerful computer can do anything a much smaller, much less powerful computer can
No shit Captain Obvious, thank you for the valuable insight you have provided.

Sure thing.

That actually sounds pretty fucking cool user

Mind blown...

Using mine as a home automation center, slaving a couple ESP-01S's that's controlling relays around my house. It's a neat device :^)

Run a vpn from your home, own dns server, mumble server, xmpp server, stream audio to bluetooth/wifi stereo, hook it up to a cheap webcam for easy security, stick it in a keyboard as a keylogger, use poisontap, flash some leds, make a controller, host a website, put it in a drone with some sensors and try to let it fly itself, make a dedicated tor node or i2p server, stick it in your ass

>tfw augmented cyberdong has processing power to play quake 3

>dropbox script
>pushbullet script
>builtin WiFi

I made a nice little security camera out of one, work a treat.
Get android notifications when door opens, 3x10 second videos uploaded to dropbox.

Tbh Bluetooth Peripheral is a really bad example, BLE was made for the sole purpose to be very battery efficient.

The battery drain would come from the rasppi more than the BLE.

>slap a trendy name on a uc and it's no longer programming
kek

it's good enough to use as an adblocker and VPN

Tell me more. Where do I find these e displays

I want to make a camera with one of these and a thermal printer.

Good uses:
All kinda of DIY projects and experiments - this is what it's for

Ok uses:
Web server, temporary vpn server, etc. - Works pretty well

Terrible uses:
Any kind of client(desktop, laptop etc.) - way to slow
NAS - Again, way to slow.

This.

I would add pi-hole, emulation station and Kodi box to good uses. Besides that it is pretty useless...

it performs much better than the rpi 1

Are there any single board computers that can handle h.265 and vp9 at 1080p?

I want something to install OSMC on without paying for an entire computer.

Specs, cost, etc?

It upsets me that network cams are as expensive as they are, looking for a cheaper(even if DIY) alternative.

adafruit.com/product/3099?src=raspberrypi
Hook it to any Raspberry Pi. There's a night vision model aswell.

I've seen a few which are about the size of the zero itself. I really would love to build my own e reader so that I could have physical page turning buttons again.

I don't know much about them but if you search for e-ink you will find stuff.

Imagine how much fun you could have with a tiny screen that displays tweets or something, I don't know

Did the math a while back, even with a zero the price would get pretty close to where network cams are.

Are there any low powered sbc primarily for video? Or maybe ones with POE functionality?

It's probably fast enough to drive a Met that can fight humanoid robots well enough.

niggas help me. i have a shit car with shit radio, no aux nothing. So i need to make something myself. i was thinking of taking a raspberry pi with couple lcd modules and making something out of it. But i need some inspiration, help me

Examples of some DIY projects to get started?

I agree except for kodi... I wouldnt use it as a permanent installation as even a chromecast will be better in most cases. It's simply not very good for streaming off the internet.

Build a FM radio transmitter. For pi0, set it up to run off a usb port of your computer that you can also SSH into. make a poisontap. Make a remote controlled anything. There's so many projects on the internet.