/sqt/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/dp/B000121VJ6/
aliexpress.com/item/PBT-laser-Keycaps-dip-dye-pink-keycaps-in-OEM-Profile-With-Cherry-MX-Stems-PBT-plastic/32827985538.html?spm=a2g0s.13010108.99999999.7.r1A2oG
support.office.com/en-us/article/View-a-presentation-without-PowerPoint-2f1077ab-9a4e-41ba-9f75-d55bd9b231a6
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
archive.org/details/devuan-jessie-c201-libre-2GB
bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-4tb-external-usb-3-0-portable-hard-drive-black/5792405.p?skuId=5792405
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I want to transfer data between two PCs without using a router or anything, will this work?
amazon.co.uk/dp/B000121VJ6/

Why do different defrag softwares show me such wildly different fragmentation rates?

I finished my school few months ago but I feel like I know shit about being a sysadmin by looking at the job requirements..
Got any tips for a beginner from Yurop like what should I look into, what are the most basic stuff for a sysadmin and how should I get enough experience to get a decent job? Thanks in advance.

Is it technicaly possible to build a processor that would accept Java as C# natively, without the need for a virtual machine? Would it make sense from any point of view (i.e. would be an improvement in any area or would it open any new possibilities)?

Why is madvr/mpc-be rendering this choppy? Never had any issues with 1080p before.

I meant "Java or C#" not "Java as C#"

This happens to my disk every single time I start my computer. It's brand new, is this because of all the crap windows 10 comes preinstalled with?

is anybody successfully blocking audio ads in the spotify web client? i can't find the right filter for ublock

Is there anything wrong with this keyboard? I just want a nice setup with some light gaming.

aliexpress.com/item/PBT-laser-Keycaps-dip-dye-pink-keycaps-in-OEM-Profile-With-Cherry-MX-Stems-PBT-plastic/32827985538.html?spm=a2g0s.13010108.99999999.7.r1A2oG

>keyboard
Those are keycaps. Now cheap PBT keycaps are just that you're better off being thicker ones (a good set with nothing fancy will cost $40-$60), but if you're on a budget, then it will do just fine.

this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this makes sense. The "Native" language of a processor is the object code. Specifically, 1's and 0's that tell the processor where to move/copy/add bits and bytes stored in the PC.

I think the idea with Java is that it runs on a virtual machine so that Java programs can be run anywhere that the JVM can be run, and it's "processor" knows how to read the Java Bytecode correctly every time.

Compilers take say, C, and turn it into object code specifically for Windows, Mac, etc. because the OS has specific ways of reading that machine code and manipulating bits respectively.

tl;dr every processor reads bytes as instructions in the way in which they were created, it is hardcoded in the CPU at manufacture.

It is how you convert the Java and C# to that machine code that matters. You must convert it to a language the processor can read aka bytes.

Fuck, I'm this guy forgot to ask my question.

How can I host my localhost server online?

I am running my Ruby + Rails server on localhost, port 3000. Simple HTTP GET stuff.

I purchased a domain from Amazon Web Services, Route 53, which routes to my dynamic IP address.

However, I can't get my dynamic IP address to grab re-route to my localhost:3000 server! How do I do this?

Are gaming hdds legit or a meme? I.e wd black vs blue for gaming etc.

platter drives are a meme for anything but storage. Get an SSD for OS/games, for movies music etc shit that takes up space, get the cheapest platter drive you can get in the size you want.

Alright thanks user

anybody here knows how to automatically point docker applications to a subdomain name? like if i create gayass container like a nginx+wordpress+mysql, i could access it using gayass.mydomainanme.com

point me to some beginners tutorial.

Okay so im trying to port forward on 27015 and im just wondering if im doing this right.
I;m using the Huawei HG659 that my ISP gave to me. I followed a guide online with the same router but when it gets to the "Internal Host" i choose my PC but on other routers i select my router IP usually. I havent put my router IP in anywhere either and i cannot select it.. If i try add a new device it asks for the MAC address and stuff and idk if that will work

I cant get i3-gaps to work properly. I edited the config correctly to my knowledge, and it just isnt functioning.

No gaps.

Anybody know or willing to help?

Will we ever get Westworld tier sexbots IRL?

how do I install ubuntu on my actuall ssd and not onto a usb.

edit the config correctly

Say I have a laptop that turns on for a few minutes while on charge, and then suddenly completely shuts down and refuses to boot again for some time, what would you think is wrong?

psu

Any idea how that could get damaged?

old age/abuse

How do I compile a .cpp in visual studio? I can't find the option anywhere.

The answer to any question that is a variant of "how did my laptop get damaged?" is "Heat".

Unless you're a mongoloid that doesn't know how to take care of your property.

When I write C++ for Windows, I can #include and then use CreateWindow() from the WinApi to create a GUI window.
How could I accomplish something similar on a Linux distro?

Build

Wouldn't it make more sense to not initalize "stupid questions thread" when most of the people asking stupid questions would not know what the acronym stands for since they don't hang around Sup Forums?

it will but you need to assign the IP manually.

read books. there are so much content out there you should be constantly educating yourself.

your OS needs to load stuff from the disk. this is normal.

you need to port forward from your router

These threads are just made by people who have a question of their own that they reply to their own thread with. They don't care if other people can make use of it

Something fucked up in my router. Its blocking all connections to google. So I went in to check the logs and its blocking connections with source and ip addresses that neither are on my local network. How is this even possible?

>download ubuntu image
>transfer image to bootable usb
>boot from usb
>select install
>select the SSD

there is no ssd

>buy ssd
>download ubuntu image
>transfer image to bootable usb
>boot from usb
>select install
>select the SSD

>implying monies

>there is no ssd
>how do I install ubuntu on my actuall ssd and not onto a usb.

I had to partition the os on the usb and there was no ssd

then plug the ssd in you mong

If I want to store movies on an external drive, should I be using an SSD or HDD? Does SSD do anything that HDD doesn't if it's just used for storage?

No, for storing movies and shit, it's mostly just access times I'd imagine.
An external HDD is fine, even a 5400RPM one at that.

Windows doesn't consider a file fragmented if it is in 64MB or more chunks

>Linux GUI for C++
Popular choices are Qt or GTKMM

Guys I been using Windows 2007 for a long time and I can't access my class notes since it requires powerpoint 2010, what is the difference between a subscription one and a standard one? Really appreciated if anyone can help me out it's been 10 years I haven't brought a Microsoft office

How do i fix my router so all the bandwith goes to my computer rather than everyone else in my house?

Hi, Sup Forums. My PC has been acting kinda weird lately when I turn it on. Sometimes it will boot and get stuck on the MSI splash screen, just now I turned it on and the lights went on for like 3 seconds then turned off, etc. Other times it will just boot normally. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
i7-7700k
Z270 MSI Titanium
32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Thank you.

With around a $600 budget, whats the 15" or less laptop I could get with the absolute best screen for my money?

Ok, just wasn't sure. Thanks.

>I want to cheap out on a laptop, what am I going to be the least disappointed with in six months?

FTFY.

email your teacher asking them to provide you with class material in a non-proprietary format.

alternatively pirate it

How is that cheaping out? This board nonstop jerks itself silly over $150 chinkpads.

probably your PSU shitting itself

I'm in university in a class of 300 students I don't think she would have time for that, I don't fucking get it when microsoft implemented subscription service on office this is so stupid

>I'm in university in a class of 300 students I don't think she would have time for that,

then contact the faculty and ask that they ask their staff to provide class material in a non-proprietary format or otherwise provide the proprietary software for you to do your classwork with.

You gotta stop thinking "oh she wouldn't do that or wouldn't have time" that's a low energy cuck mentality.

Most universitys provide free student edition of microsoft office.

if i bit a 3440x1440 monitor will windows xp even work with it? no i dont plan to do more than try it

Is canned cat food that's a few months past the best by date on the can still good? Found a can earlier that was behind some stuff in the kitchen and wondering if I should use it or toss it out

Canned food? It's fine. I've fed myself worse. The cats won't eat it if it's bad usually.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why my USB drives keep becoming read only. I've tried every solution that I can find on the internet, and nothing works. This happens with more than one drive, so it's something with my system. I'm running Manjaro on an x220. What can I do?

mount them manually?

That doesn't work, won't let me delete files.

Are there any specific VPNs that are aimed toward torrenting?

Have you tried setting the rw option on fstab, try adding an umask too.

How do I do that? I don't understand how to from searching.

Your mounting points are handled by the fstab file on /etc/fstab, you should learn how to set up that file properly before anything else, go on type "man fstab" on your console.

>freetard dipshits telling you to complain to the teacher

MS provides a free player, it literally took 2 seconds on google you colossal faggot

support.office.com/en-us/article/View-a-presentation-without-PowerPoint-2f1077ab-9a4e-41ba-9f75-d55bd9b231a6

or just stop being gay and get LibreOffice which can open PPT files no problem

Still looking for any input on this.

canned food is safe indefinitely as long as the container is intact.

best by date is just a random number, it does not relate in anyway to food safety or food quality.

food quality degrades over time, there's nothing special about the best-by-date.

food safety is a matter of contamination with pathogens. food that is so contaminated does not have any detectable change, so it is impossible to tell either way.

>fighting for freedom = gay

jew

What's the least sketchiest source for Win7 isos? Assuming I'm a filthy pirate without a proper key for Microsoft's site.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

>crying to your teacher about the file format of the fucking lecture slides
vs
>being smart enough to download the free-as-in-speech software that justwerks with PPT

i am sure you live a very productive life

Your mother gets autistic about my dick.

>i am sure you live a very productive life

productive is a codeword for "generating a lot of income for your jewish overlords"?

fuck off jew

i have all the money i need and the lifestyle i want free from your filthy jewry.

but enjoy being a cuck in exchange for pats on the back from the jews and society

>suggest using free, open source LibreOffice
>be accused of attempting to generate income for the jews

really activates the almonds

this pastebin is austismal, just go on PirateBay and grab the most seeded copy from a trusted or VIP uploader (pink or green skull icon)

i've done this over 9000 times with no problems

>Accepting literal botnet infested ISOs when it's easy as shit to verify checksums.

>sending and receiving proprietary format with free software don't benefit the jewry

poojeet plz

Thanks for the pastebin user

seedboxes

this is some of the worst advice ever
need a shitty advice thread, try

You can use a normal ethernet cable for any modern computer.

So my follow up question is, is there any way whatsoever I can get my Laptop to stay on for a period of time so I can grab my files off it?
It's under warranty so I can't just remove the hard drive

Sounds like overheating. Download a live ISO of ex. Gparted (low preformance so less heat). Mount the HDD and transfer your files. I've done the same on a laptop that was overheating.

You could also try Ubuntu live CD if you're a noob.

I successfully librebooted my Chromebook C201 with the latest stable release. vboot parameters allow me to boot from an external SD or USB so I opted to go the Devsus image route flashing an SD card with this image archive.org/details/devuan-jessie-c201-libre-2GB and dding the 16GB ,img to the internal eMMC. Problem is, the C201 boots into recovery mode (which also wont let me boot from an official recovery image). The problem is likely an invalid primary GPT header. The GPT table from the flash has an invalid header and any and all GPT tables I create with any disk utility from a working external linux environment shows an invalid header.
Why is this happening? Wat do?

I was going to buy this
bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-4tb-external-usb-3-0-portable-hard-drive-black/5792405.p?skuId=5792405

But someone said it was micro usb-b, which was bad.
What is something better I can get that has the same storage capacity and a similar price?

I don't think it's overheating, more likely water damage desu

For the next thread the title should be:
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
This way anons like >62489769 won't get confused

I want to fully experience linux/gnu (which means I don't want to use it in virtualbox) but I'm afraid I'll fuck everything up if I try to dual boot gnu+linux with windows. if I feel like can I completely uninstall gnu/linux (with grub and everything else)? can I delete the linux+gnu partition and expand the windows partition to consume it? is there a proper way of partitioning with an specific software that would allow me to do uninstall gnu/linux > delete its partition > expand/resize windows partition? any youtube video links or website guiding how to do this would be appreciated. thx in advance!

How

bump

Did you check whether what you've got right now works or not?

Okay I'm actually losing my mind trying to figure out a solution to this.

Whenever my computer goes to sleep both of my monitors which are connected through displayport lose signal and when they come back on the taskbars and window positions reset.

I've looked through numerous forum posts about this and the common solution is to turn off "Displayport Deep Sleep." Unfortunately I can't find a setting for this anywhere.

By looking up my monitor models I've only found posts about people turning it off with different models of the same brand but the setting is available in the settings where it would have been for the other monitors.

One post I read mentioned turning it off in the BIOS but nothing was there either and this is a pretty new build that I'm using and the problem as persisted between both (Intel and AMD).

I've updated drivers for my GPU, and Monitors to no avail and looked at tweeking registry settings but most people trying that solution didn't claim to have real success with it anyway.

>Monitors
ASUS MG24UQ
ASUS MG248Q
>CPU
AMD Ryzen 1700X
>Motherboard
ASUS CROSSHAIR IV

I've been trying to get some sound through my sound card in Void. Sound works because HDMI outputs and sounds but when I select Analog Stereo Output, the bar moves indicating sound it should be right, but the speakers at the end of the TOSLINK doesn't make any sound.

What am I missing? I use and checked alsamixer, pulseaudio and pavucontrol. Sound card is Xonar DGX. Are its drivers non-free and that's why it is working? Because I didn't add the non-free repository? Thank you anons.