When will this thing die?

When will this thing die?

i dont mind keeping the vga port and hdmi.

Just don't use it

USB-C minotiros when

Why?
It's one of the last really sturdy connectors on PCs.
Go stuff your fuccboi ass with your flimsy usb and hdmi shit connectors

>Exposed pins
>Sturdy

That thing is VGA and HDMI in one port. It will never die.

when will we get rid of all connectors and leave the only one that really matters, displayport?

AMD no longer includes DVI ports while Nvidia do, the 1080Ti from Nvidia even comes with a DVI to DP adapter.
I'm not buying any AMD GPU any time soon until they add DVI back and include adapters ( at least two)

It's like you want to play at 1080p 60 fps.

DVI can do more than that, infact it wasn't until a few years that HDMI could match DVI.
HDMI is truly utter shit.

Are you brain damaged? DVI-D does 1080p 144Hz easy.

plebs usually think newer standards are better.
that's also why we went back from 1600/1920x1200 or even 2048x1536 to 1280x720 and were stuck there fore years because >>>HD

I was slightly hyperbolic (I did 1080p 144fps on my last monitor using DVI) but 1440p 144fps is basically the new standard with the 1080 ti and I'm already doing it with my regular 1080. The next gen of GPUs will effectively make 1080p a poorfag only tier of resolutions.

Yes dear, your 2% adoption resolution is definitely the Next Big Thing, just like VR.

i prefer display port. thats more sturdy than dvi

>proving my point
Yes and 1080p manages to be at 50% adoption rate on steam, too. It doesn't change the fact that if people could afford better computers and monitors that they wouldn't be increasing their resolution. 1060's and 1070's are better suited for 1080p 60 and 144fps, while 1080's struggle at 1440p 144fps but can barely get it done. The next gen of GPUs will have no reason to not be at 1440p even with the xx60 xx70 cards. Who knows maybe even AMD might make a good card then.

>not hating hdmi

>displayport
^ This.

>VGA port
Why? DVI-I supports both DVI dual link and analog VGA outputs.
D-SUB needs to die, but DVI-I is precisely the reason why I bought a second hand 980ti.

displayport cant do 144 hz

>tfw you've only been able to ever use displayport through an adapter for something else

Displayport > HDMI > dvi > VGA 9 pin > vga.

In saying that, everything should be replaced with USB c except rj45 (or make latching USB c a thing and then replace it). If everything could connect anywhere that would be great. Replace sata with c particularly. You could go as far as to replace pcie 3 x16 with 13 USB c ports in a line, or even just 7 USB c 3.2 ports

The VGA part is gone in recent GPUs

>displayport cant do 144 hz

Lol wat?
I'd better return my 144hz DisplayPort monitor then.

Educate yourself, user.

Yes yellow?

Also 8k 60fps where?

I was extremely disappointed when I found out my 1080 had no analog output. What's the point of DVI-D? Every card should have DVI-I as a fallback.

Is there any way to still use, say, an analog VGA CRT with these new cards? Can you buy some kinda dongle or something? Or is this gonna mean you need a vintage PC to use with your vintage display?

You can buy an adapter to convert a digital signal from HDMI to VGA. It's an active connection though so it needs power. Not sure how much input lag it adds for games.