Specs / Speccy thread. Post and rate them

Specs / Speccy thread. Post and rate them

Can we get a pic of this drive setup? holy hell.

holly shit i want a pic of the drive setup too

Only 7 drives are internal, the rest are usb, I would take a pic but my desk is a bit messy. I'll take a pick later and one for the /bst/ thread.

>Only 7 drives
That's a relief, I thought your case would be packed or something.

Ramlet

Who else is Mini itx here?

16gb is fine

Yeah, no one will ever need more than 16 gb.

It's fine for now

sup AMD bro

~50TBs

HDDlet

Your just jelly

Getting old, but still does the job

>win10
>not freenas or unraid

Fullretard.png

Holy fuck am I the only one using Windows 7 here? Using TV as a display because monitor is dead

Nah not all of us hopped on Windows 10, I didn't even know it worked on those 14nm CPUs.

Yup the CPU showed no problem at all. However since the motherboard has all USB 3.0 slots I had to slipstream 3.0 drivers in the install disk or else I couldnt use my keyboard or mouse

this is real neat.

>Holy fuck am I the only one using Windows 7 here?
I'd hope so but retards still like you still exist here apparently

Ah nice, I was a dumbass when i built my rig and tried to install 7 and it wouldn't work, I thought my board was defective because 8.1 liked being installed on my front panel ports, but turns out i needed a 2.0 port.

thanks user!

want to explain why using 7 is retarded?

Yeah thats my only gripe about this board is no 2.0 ports. I even tried plugging a 2.0 faceplate from another case into the boards 2.0 header, but all USB goes through the same controller so it didnt help at all lol

>want to explain why using 7 is retarded?

>nearly a decade old
>aero looks like complete ass
>slow
>uses more resources than 10 even when 10 has touchscreen features and other 'bloat'
>no dx12 or vulkan

i'm not even sure why i'm replying, you exposed yourself as reddit cancer the moment you posted a screenshot with a katawa shoujo shortcut on your desktop

> Not using XP on hardware so old it probably does not even work with 7
Sadly, this is my daily driver right now.

>1GB DDR2
>Socket 775 era Pentium D
that's more than enough for 7, and your could can aero.

Cool to know, once i can get my hands on more RAM might put 7 on it then.

>nearly a decade old
non issue, it still gets updates

>aero looks like complete ass
non issue, what is classic theme and themes in general

>slow
upgrade your hardware and see pic related, barely 2.5GB used with a fuckton of chrome processes open

>uses more resources than 10 even when 10 has touchscreen features and other 'bloat'
see above

>no dx12 or vulkan
vulkan runs on 7, dx12 is a finicky meme and only ~22 to 25 games support it

>you exposed yourself as reddit cancer the moment you posted a screenshot with a katawa shoujo shortcut on your desktop
stoplikingwhatidontlike.tiff, Hanako is best girl

Whoops, that aint pic related but its still related

back to plebbit

You could totally run 7 man! I ran it fine on a laptop with a 1.5ghz pentium M and integrated graphics!

>tfw ancient 8350 rig has double the ram
I can't even talk shit because them cores.

staymad newfriend

Ill upgrade to 16 eventually

>newfriend
nice projecting there

This is my shitposting machine, it originally had only the 40gb hdd and a cd drive in it, but I took the optical drive out, upgraded the ram from 512mb to 2.5gb and added the gpu

genuinely fucking disgusting

s t a y m a d

you arent fighting back with an argument because you dont have one

>2133 DDR4 CL-14, 13ns
A Quality 3200 kit does CAS-14 (8.75ns), you should theoretically be able to get 8-9-8-19 after dropping it down to 2133 from what I've read.
The ~$20 extra (looking at USA Newegg today) for a 40% reduction in RAM latency would have been worth it to me. I don't know what you use all that storage for, but having a great deal of things open at once would benefit.

~35

I originally only had a single 8gb stick of ram when I built my pc back in November and then i just bought another 8gb stick. My pc was originally a $600 build then i upgraded. Faster ram is the next planed upgrade, but I'm gonna wait till prices go down, my 16gb kit cost around $120.

What's the difference between pro and home?

More ram support and I think dual cpu support.

>big 16:10 res
This user knows how to monitor.

Fuck you, like my Fisher-Price theme.

16:10 is the golden ratio, yes.

Nah you're not the only one. Windows 10 is faggot shit.

Same user from the last thread.

r-r8 pls

notice me

is this the new desktop thread

no, now post speccy

i'm thinking about changing my cpu to a i3-8300 and 16gb of ram, is that a good idea?
inb4 ryzen, i need a fast single core performance

wouldn't a heavily oc'ed skylake/kabylake i5/i7 be faster single core

Am I gonna make it Sup Forums?

I like your cpu user

CPU is at 4.7GHz 1.295v. Want a new video card and I'd also like to try 144hz

3.7ghz stock
ram at v1.37
1080 at 2.1ghz and +500mhz ram

huh same cpu and mobo

Might wunna oc that ram a bit more ryzen onlycomes alive at around 3000/1400mhz+

fuck me

>not overclocking ALL your monitors

>new video card for 144hz
If 1080, then the 1070 will be fine, but a 1080/56 would help a lot. If 1440 then the 1080ti. Also, wait for volta and then get one of what I said from eBay or whatever. People will sell their shit for that 5%.

i would also need to buy a z270 board
that and even a used k chip would add around $200-300 to the final price, that's too much for me

Thanks Senpai, hasn't let me down yet. I want to get a ryzen 1700 next

Do you play games?

Finally got a new monitor. 3440x1440 at 34" is quite something coming from 1080p and 24".