Cryptoniggers are now fucking up the web too

After noticing that my browser and the whole computer were getting slow, I decided to investigate wtf was going on. Htop was telling me that one of the tabs was consuming all of my cores and the memeory use spiked up too. Since I have so many tabs, it took me a while but I did manage to figure out which website was the culprit. After some JS debugging, it turns out that one of the pirate downloads sites started loading some cryptomining JS from a 3rd party site and I guess that's how they make money now. They must have started doing this today.

This is an even bigger cancer than ad tracking. How do we stop this shit from ruining the web? AdNauseam is great for killing evil Jewgle but we need a way to destroy these cryptominers too.

Ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

npmjs.com/package/omg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Block JS, retardo.

Just block it with uBlock you stupid niggerspic.

Just turn off your internet you fucking moron.

then websites won't work.

>AdNauseam user too retarded to figure out how to block scripts
like pottery

Are you a spic? Only a spic would not know how to block scripts by default or at least manually block these things.

Taco here, he's a nigger

Videos, comment sections, and advertising don't work. The web is better off without these anyway. Text still works.

uMatrix

None of that shit will get rid of cryptominers just like Adblock/uBlock/etc haven't destroyed ad companies. In fact, Google and rest are even stronger because ppl who don't want ads don't see them so they go after sheep and make tons of money.

Why can't we have static html sites?
>all sites disabled
>non-free pizza

>inb4 b-b-but you goys are just autists
apparently we aren't

oh shit getting free pirated stuff with nothing in result

bitch about that the pirates introduce a small method to actually get some money to pay their legal fees for you to have your free stuff
i guss you must be one of those that never seed also

They didn't make any money off it though. That's why it's not on the site any more.

That is quite a picture and have never seen it. Thx

It won't get rid of them but it will stop them hijacking your computer for it.

wait, are you telling me I should use adnausium instead of ublock?

Also, this becomes really questionable when it comes to legality.

No doubt they justify it with "this is how you are paying for using out website and accessing our content", but they're using YOUR computer's resources, which is using YOUR power which is costing YOU money to generate money for THEM.

don't worry, when they find out their fake money isn't worth shit the whole thing will go away

>adblockers make advertisers money
that's some mental gymnastics kiddo

// ==UserScript==
// @name Break cryptoshit
// @namespace intermission
// @include *
// @include *
// @version 1
// @run-at document-start
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

const w = unsafeWindow || window;
Object.defineProperty(w, "Coinhive", { value: Symbol() });
there you go

I like this better than spying on me. I'm not normally doing anything hardware intensive when I'm browsing the web.

HTML5's will work fine without js

>being this cuck
You literally let someone else use your computing power and electricity to make Jew money

Commercials played on TV also use your electricity.

>Shipping without a test suite
>ISHIGGITY

>unironically running untrusted js
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAHAHAHA

It's a matter of time before Sup Forums implements it too

No more than anything else.

And you can turn off your TV during the ads. You can't turn off your computer while you are using a website.

They're literally appropriating YOUR resources.

>Videos [...] don't work
>he doesn't download everything with youtube-dl before watching

I prefer this to ads and popups full of malware. I'm in the uk hardly any torrent sites are acessible every proxy just spam loads about 10 popups or everytime you click somewhere on the page you get redirected to some more cancer

what would be the adnauseam equivalent response to this? flooding the cryptojew with fake hashes?

Just disable JS. Most sites still work fine without it.

>Sup Forums.org need JS enabled to work properly
Indeed.

no they don't. Single page apps are all the rage now.

>Cryptoniggers
Jealous of my lambo sweetie? Hahahahah

Omg js is a fucking cancer.

doesn't matter, we won't be using JS for the mining this is just an alpha test
:) dont stay mad for too long babe

But how do I order pizza then?

npmjs.com/package/omg
Literally any word + js = cancer.

THANK YOU BASED MINERS. GAYMERS BTFO

I don't really care, I use my school's power any way.

Do you just hang out on the site after grabbing your downloads OP? Also with all of your research, you could've just glanced at a news site. This was all over the headlines. Good job Columbo!

>>he doesn't download everything with youtube-dl before watching
>>doesn't use mpv to directly watch it as a stream

>eating proprietary food

lol get fucked faggot

WerksOnMyMachineâ„¢

mining in return for free content? fine by me. don't care as long as it doesn't leak insane amounts of memory. prefer it to ads clogging up the page, using up all my CPU, RAM, *and* VRAM REEEEEEE

You could use cpulimit to throttle it on linux. Basically just set a limit for your browser. It would probably be a good idea to do this anyway since most sites already use alot of cpu with all that js shit running.

whats the point of this other than cryptographically proving how many users/how much computer resources load your .js

its like an entire extra sector to bitcoin economy that either will be worth bazillions or nothing

What are you talking about?

This is not a problem for people who aren't retards and don't have 600+ tabs open all the time.

OP this potentially gives websites a way to finance themselves WITHOUT advertisements.

But let's not kid ourselves, they will all use ads AND cryptominers.