What do you guys think about this...

What do you guys think about this? Is this actually worth worrying about or is it yet another security firm trying to make a name for itself?
Also can you actually exploit this to do something nefarious?

More info: armis.com/blueborne/

Other urls found in this thread:

review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:merged project:LineageOS/android_system_bt branch:cm-14.1 topic:blueborne-N
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well, mitm, remote code execution, no need to pair devices,so yup, when blackhats reproduce it it may be bad. Just imagine, spreading to every single device in range with enabled bluetooth and internet sharing capabilities

sounds like something to check on...

>only iOS fixed it
>more than a year ago
pottery

Where's my fucking September security update that fixes Google? I bought your botnet phone for a fucking reason

I doubt they haven't reproduced it already, but that's just me being cynical. Let's hope we don't see phone ransomware go absolutely apeshit in the next few weeks

>2017
>ever enabling bluetooth

>I don't use it so you don't have a use for it either

bluetooth headphones, smartbands...

>>>/1900's/

>bluetooth headphones
botnet
>smartbands
botnet

is the a mobile app for doing this attacks?

Bluetooth has been vulnerable since forever.
My old ass Nokia phone had a software on it that allowed me to connect to pretty much any Bluetooth phone and do all kinds of shit like see contacts, call, see messages, restart the phone, etc...
That's why i always keep Bluetooth disabled.

>Also only iOS has security holes related to JPG2000.
pottery

>using jpg2k
>ever
hf with your housefire

Ok I know what you mean about smartbands but headphones? Seriously? How would that even work?

No, just for checking the vulnerability of your phone and other devices, but with other devices it's really really shitty checking (literally just checks if Bluetooth is on and is not low energy)

There's a reason why security focused systems like OpenBSD or GHS RTOS completely strip out the Bluetooth stack. It's insecure garbage.

This.

>Person up to no good has to be within 33 feet of my laptop
Literally nothing to worry about.

Isn't it still dangerous in an office setting or in crowded places like public transport ?

Where did you get that from ?

> feet

>bluetooth headphones
Shit price/quality ratio
>smartbands
Literally a soccer mom meme

XP is not affected

Underrated

1.Exactly. If someone ever compacts the attack into one of those dumb apps that make it easy for script kiddies, it's gonna be chaos
2.The website? Technology subleddit

Oh yeah I remember this shit

I still have fond memories of fucking with people with droidsheep, btw, this would be even worse

>tfw no open bluetooth devices like in the 00s so you can fileshare in public like that

># CONFIG_BT is not set

I used bt for chat as we shared a txt file.

I think there were Java software for that.

j2me was a clusteruck

What are the chances that this could be used to fuck with cars that have factory bluetooth stereos, which will never, ever be patched and are sometimes connected to the same unauthenticated broadcast networks as engine computers?

Sucks that new feature phones don't support it though.

Hacker might be able to change your music while you're driving. I doubt it would give them more control than that though, unless the design team for the car really fucked up.

This is what I think. It's patched already and I will get the fix tomorrow.

review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:merged project:LineageOS/android_system_bt branch:cm-14.1 topic:blueborne-N

These plus kernel space patch.

The app on the Playstore only checks security patch level. It's pretty much useless. Checking other phones also fucked up according to app reviews. Other phones must be discoverable in order to scan them, plus they harvest the data. Checking the TOS is a good idea.

Yeah I deleted it, it's pretty fucking useless

>I doubt it would give them more control than that though, unless the design team for the car really fucked up.
>unless the design team for the car really fucked up.
I don't see this as unlikely.

In a typical modern car if you can overwrite the head unit's firmware and establish a network connection with it, you can take control away from the driver. If there are any computers in your car capable of steering it, then the only thing preventing an attacker from steering you into a telephone pole is his inability to flash your head unit over a network. There are almost always computers capable of doing things like accelerating, killing the engine, and changing the readouts on the gauge cluster.

This is how the Jeep hack from a couple of years ago worked. The network vulnerability used then was specific to Chrystler vehicles, but the fact that malicious firmware can control anything that any computer or microcontroller anywhere in the car can control is a result of the way that nearly all automotive electrical systems are designed.

So, the question is whether or not you can update firmware over a hacked bluetooth connection.

>go to site
>infected image loads automatically
>LOL U DUMMY
Are you retarded?