Smartphones

>smartphones
>freedom

>Samsung phones ever being anything but absolute trash
Who would have thought

>ever using touchjizz

Why did they make this shit with all the competitors around

because samsung can't just leave well enough alone. they saw that there was a modicum of profit to be made if someone came out with the best AI assistant, and they needed to chip in their feeble effort to try and come out on top.

samsung is the iconic example of a money-hungry company that's completely lost sight of the notion of doing one thing well and securing their space in the market for it. they can't just focus on making good smartphones and leave the operating system and all this other shit to android. no, they have to diffuse their efforts on every fucking thing possible so that you get a lukewarm effort in everything.

Name one company (I can only hope) that actually does this thing you suggest

I would think Dell is a good example, they are adopting all of Windows 10 features like precision trackpad

>ASUS (used to)
>Motorola
>OnePlus

The new one plus is jelly bullshit

Kek, are you fucking serious? Motorola is the epitome of what you're complaining about with their heavy pushing of motomods

IBM, sandisk, canon and nikon, etc...

can't you just flash a custom ROM or something

this is why people don't take android seriously. if you need to flash a custom ROM for your phone to be usable, then you're only going to appeal to losers whose time has no value.

if you want a phone that just werks I seriously hope you're not implying Apple. still can't play webms without a paid app in 2017, still can't transfer playlists without itunes in 2017, etc.

if only there was some happy medium between
>proprietary AI assistant button that i can't reprogram
and
>iPhone

what would you even reprogram the button to? it's useless

camera shutter button
literally any app i want

it's my fucking phone. telling me i'm wrong for wanting to set the button to something else is the most macfaggoty thing you could possibly say.

let me guess I need to agree to their user agreement first before I can access that option.

Having the bixby button also lets them be lazy and leave all their bootloader shit the same for download/recovery modes. You need 3 hardware key presses and since the S8/S8+ and Note8 have a volume rocker you can't press up+down at the same time and since there is no longer a home button that leaves the power button + volume up + bixby for Recovery mode. And Power button + volume down + bixby for download mode.

>If the consumer device does not do the exact specific thing I want it to with no effort required to get it to work it is useless
Ok buddy

android fanatics, everybody