What is the most energy-efficient linux distro?

What is the most energy-efficient linux distro?

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.slashdot.org/story/12/04/02/191203/gnulinux-running-on-an-8-bit-processor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thinking of #!++ or bunsenlabs, any others?

puppylinux, obv

This. It's goddamn fast and barely uses any resources.

How?

Alpine

Uses small applications, loads everything in RAM.

Alright, so is it really suitable for day-to-day use? Shitposting and koding mostly.

Karlie will be amazed, how can you work with a laptop without any storage. I doubt it's have any development tool on it, but you can modify the image, so who knows. The acpi settings may sucks balls by default, but it can be f'xed more or less

LFS
You can get it small enough to work on some micro controllers

this

>micro controllers
>with gnu
I have bad news for you.

What kind of retarded question is this.

Why is it retarded? I just want as long battery life as possible on my thinkpad e.g. when I take it to uni.

make tinyconfig

gentoo

linux.slashdot.org/story/12/04/02/191203/gnulinux-running-on-an-8-bit-processor

Sup Forumsen2 Sup Forumsnu OS

pretty much any distro with tlp installed and configured

alpine
but i'd look into something like qnx

Never said it would be good but there is specifically a distro that is made for micros
Dont remember what its called but Ive considered fiddling with it before

Why would you ever want to run linux on a mc?

Personally? To dick around
Otherwise? I could maybe see it being useful in edge cases or experiments on the rare occasion

Not entirelt related but can anyone play here?

Tinycore

No, I want to learn it though. Same with shogi.
I have played go, shatranj and hnefatafl though.

TinyCore

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>gentoo

openwrt

headless openbsd

Microsoft Edge drains your battery slower than Google Chrome! Just use Microsoft Edge to access cloud versions of your applications :^)

gentoo not even memeing