Which Sup Forums Memes did you fall for?

And how shit did they turn out to be?

I got shilled into using:

- Firefox
- Linux
- Motorola phones

and regret any minute I have wasted with this crap

No one. I am not a subhuman underaged shitstain who gets easily influenced.

/Tbread

b-but i used linux long before i started using Sup Forums :'(

Let's see...

-16:10 monitor
-mechanical keyboard
-Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
-Thinkpad x220
-Seiko SKX007
-GNU/Linux
-i3
-vim
-Clevo laptop
-gayman mouse
-Firefox Nightly

Zowie mouse
Audio-GD NFB-11.28
SICP

Sup Forums memes that I am angry that I fell for because I should have known better:
>the ITX form factor
>mice with "perfect" sensors

Sup Forums memes that I really like and that I'm happy Sup Forums introduced me to:
>(GNU plus) Linux
>Thinkpads
>mechanical keyboards
>Yuru Yuri

Dogecoin on day one, sold all 2 million for BTC when it peaked, so pretty good.

Everything on there is a meme except nightly

What's wrong with Firefox?

The CEO was ousted via character assassination and accusations of sexual harassment.

linux
thinkpads
mechanical keyboards
private trackers
chinkphones
programming socks

Good for you user

I remember when bitcoin mining threads were a thing. Too bad it's all distributed or centralized chink shit

>Yuru Yuri

>everything is a meme

I'm glad I fell for the linux meme, because it's infinitely better than win10.

But I'll get a normie mpb next, for sure, and probably an iphone with a headphone jack for the integrated imessage support.

Can fuckin windows come out with RCS for android + windows/linux? Nobody in burgerland uses whatsapp aside from pajeet and his 15 friends, so I am forced to use either imessage or shitty sms and it's shitty compressed files.

Linux and SSD. I'm happy with both. Wouldn't go back to inferior tech.

Nothing. Sup Forums is triggered by it having lots of liberals as devs and they're shilling against it. It's still the best browser and their tears just make it better.

Sansa Clip

>- Firefox
>- Linux
same, switched back to win10/chrome

vim
linux
i3

actually linux is not a meme if you're even a little bit interested in scripting/coding/general tinkering with your computer
otherwise it must be shit though

i don't regret falling for any of these memes

Just thinkpads, rolling release distroes and mech keyboards.
Pretty satisfied with them all.

It's basically a chrome knock-off at this point, which is stupid because if you liked chrome you'd be using chrome instead, not firefox. Palemoon is what Firefox used to be.

>Motorola phones
My only regret about buying a moto g4 plus is that it doesn't have a notification LED.

>Linux
>Firefox
>Swapped to Palememe
>Thinkpad
Happy with all of them

"a non-x Ryzen cpu will overclock just as much"

>programming socks
I bet you look fabulous now.

>Win10 enterprise ltsb
>FF nightly
>win7
>microG
>startpage
>f-droid
Im pretty ok with these

>thinking that's the reason
what a fucking retard

Thinkpad T420. Not crap. Linux too, but not due to Sup Forums, I work with it. Not crap, I enjoy it way more than Windows.

>sandboxing

Thinkpads - pleased
Moto G - regretted
Chink earbuds - pleased
Cutting out botnet from life - happier
Orient Ray II - Pleased
Linux - initially disappointed but still appreciate

Nightly was a meme for a little while.

>used ThinkPad
>Motorola phones

FUCK Sup Forums poorfags

>windows 10 LBGT Edition
>Linux with GPU passthrough to windows VM (arguably the best g meme I fell for)
>Firefox Nightly
>Mechanical keyboard
>chink shit

Fell for:
-Thinkpad
-chinkphones
-mechanical keyboards
-C
-De-googling myself
-LaTeX

feelsgoodman

i used linux before i knew what Sup Forums was
i used netscape navigator, followed by mozilla, before i knew what Sup Forums was
my first smartphone was a nexus, because its fucking obvious thats what you should get, and its been amazing

Sup Forums got me into thinkpads, no regrets there

>Which Sup Forums Memes did you fall for?
Not right now but back in the days (5-6 years ago if I'm not wrong) people here used to religiously recommend python as a starting language. Boy did I get memed on after reaching the point where I had to create pixel searching loops that worked upwards of 1000 times faster in C++

Don't do python, kids. If you want a really high level language for general automation or scripting of small tasks then I recommend AutoIt - simple VB-like language designed for automation with a fuckton of libraries on their forums. For everything else, just bother with the month or two needed to learn C++ because you WILL eventually reach those loops and you'll regret your wasted time in the inefficient python

>Using Firefox nightly 56.0.a on a ungoogled, rooted and Xposed stock rom Moto Z Play recommended by Sup Forums for half it's price
>maximum comfyness and efficiency, no ads whatsoever, no worries for the battery life, no worries in case I drop it because it's fucking resistant, no problems at all, it just werks

Thank you Sup Forums I love this board

>Yuru Yuri
> Sup Forums introduced you to the bodypaint doujin

good memes i've fallen for:
>gnu+linux
>thinkpad
>mechanical keyboard
>perfect sensor mouse
>vim
>latex
>that one model of monoprice headphones

meh memes i've fallen for:
>motorola/nexus/etc (happily used several but the hardware is kinda shit now and i don't really care about having the most punctual android updates possible)
>shitty mechanical watches (fun hobby to waste money on)

bad memes i've fallen for:
can't think of any desu

Tried flashing lineage?

- Radeon
- Ryzen
- ThinkPad
- De-googling, custom Chromium, noscript, etc.
- Mechanical Keyboard

I'm ok with everything.

this and Gentoo

>intel quad corelet

I regret it. It's a literall no meme stutterfest.

Not huge:
>Loonix
>mechanical keyboard
>latex
>palememe

Happy:
>Chinkphones
>Win10 LTSB
>i3

>- Firefox
The memes are the forks like Waterfox and Palemoon

wtf

It's funny when lazy people look towards nonlazy people to make decisions concerning these sorts of things then cry when it takes from effort. Meme is a word used to describe something in a niche that isn't representative of the lowest energy state. Can slave personalities be any sadder?

>tfw I started the Windows 10 LTSB meme
Feels good desu.

>-Firefox Nightly

Ryzen Memeripper

obviously brainwashed, poor boy - assuming your not gender neutral etc.

if given an option i would generally pick a 16:10 monitor over a 16:9 if the price difference is not huge and im given the option (because aside from 1920x1200 and extremely costly 2560x1600 monitors there is not a lot of them).

>Gaming mice with good sensors / Zowie Mice
Very good, the FK1+ which I got has issues with acceleration at 1600 and 3200dpi, but at 400 and 800 its tracking is perfect (I play at 800). Shape is great, design is great. Overall very happy.
>Mechanical keyboards
First got a Corsair K70 with MX Reds (overpriced and I don't like reds that much) but later I got a Pok3r and K65 with blues and blacks. TKL is ok if you don't use the numpad, 60% is great for using on your laptop.
Overall very happy, plan on buying more mechanical keyboards.
>GNU/Linux
Messed around with Arch and Mint and found no purpose to them, all the programs I use on the daily for work are unavailable on on Linux and I am not bothered by having to use W7/W10. Not great but also not mad.
>Thinkpads
I had thinkpads way before I started coming on to Sup Forums and I think they're great, but I was given a business laptop (XPS 15) and honestly, I like it better. Thinkpads are too bulky and I don't really need all the ports.
>Dual monitor setups
Pretty good for work and general stuff but not that massive of an improvement. Currently using single monitor after moving places and I don't really miss my second monitor too much.
>i3/i5 instead of i7
Got a 3570k in 2011 and it served me well until today, that I had to upgrade to a Ryzen 1700 to get better frames in games.
Currently, modern games are too demanding for i3 and i5 CPUs.
>Firefox
Tried it, was ok, but didn't want to migrate all my shit from Botnet so didn't bother.
>Cable management
Improved the looks and airflow of my case so overall pretty good that the first time I built my first computer and posted it on Sup Forums I got bullied for terrible cable management. From then on all my computers have had great cable management.
>Private Trackers
Pretty good but the ones I used died and didn't get to enter new ones, so nowadays I'm stuck with public trackers. Since I don't pirate shit as much it doesn't bother me a lot, but I also don't pay for Cuckflix.

>linux
>thinkpad
>AMD CPU
>AMD GPU
>bunch of headphone/hifi stuff

no regrets

I fell for the waterfox meme and am now falling for the firefox nightly meme.

I've fallen for the nightly meme and am interested in falling for the waterfox meme. What's the appeal?

traps and anime

Already used Moto phones.
Sup Forums got me into chink shit, Linux, RX470 + G4560 master race, will get a ThinkPad next. Pretty satisfied.

Computers.

Let's stop talking bullshit, no one started using Firefox because of Sup Forums.
In fact, the trend here is to use some meme derivative for absolutely no reason. The original Firefox was, and still is, the best browser available despite its flaws.

Firefox ESR + Classic Theme Restorer master face. For one more year at least...

honestly i use firefox since version 2 and i love it.
i've been using linux far before Sup Forums existed.
i've been shilled to buy osprey and it is a good cheap smartphone that runs lineage.

also i've been shilled to buy thinkpad. i own x201 and i love it.

i do not use gentoo though.

Gentoo
Vim
Haskell
DuckDuckGo
Cock.li
Thinkpad t400
IBM Model M
Buying shit off aliexpress

I don't regret any, they're all worth it. Also, I started doing all these things before Sup Forums did. So technically I created your memes.

Damn you sound smart

I'm very close to falling for cock.li but I'm still not sure whether it's a meme or not

>ThinkPaids
>Linux
>Moto G
>Mechanical keyboards
>Beyerdynamic
>AMD

- Every language I've used except python2 and java (C, C++, Ruby, CommLISP, Racket, Forth, Pascal, etc.) has been a distraction for a dumb amateur like me.
- Wasted 5 or 6 years on Linux when FreeBSD is better in every way. Wasted a whole year fucking with Arch trying to make the perfect rice cake. What BS.
- "Program your browser extensions yourself"
- "Everybody ITT needs a killswitch" costed me $3,500.
- Bonus points: Some asshole turned me on to wizchan and I spent two years suicidal because of it.
Sup Forums has ruined my life. I have no money and my family won't even pick up my calls any more. Fuck this board.

Arch Linux (Pretty great but it does have the occasional annoying issue.)
Awesome (fun to play around with but too much work to get up and running. Switched back to KDE)
Ryzen (6C12T is great but I should have done my research. I wanted a CPU for GPU passthrough but Ryzen sucks at passthough still thanks to the NPT bug. Games are stutterfests, had to go back to dual booting)
110 dpi (I can still see the pixels on my 27" 1440p monitor. 110dpi is shit, should have got a 25" monitor instead.)

TAOCP. I guarantee none of you fucking people have ever read those books. Dusty ass paperweights that get parroted around by people who want to seem smart.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone already started using Firefox in the 2000's, I don't know how Sup Forums could "convince" someone to try Firefox. I did go back to Firefox after years of Chrome, some things about Chrome were making me frustrated so I decided to give Firefox a try. Way less unstable than it was for me in school (originally uninstalled it because of browser crashes) but it's still not perfect.

>Firefox
>tried it
Holy fuck the underage.

>HD598
>Moto G (first gen)
>privacy/botnet
>GNU/Linux
>mechanical keyboard
>perfect mouse sensor
>Hi-Fi speakers
>steelseries qck mousepad
>qbittorrent
>mpv
>SSD
>Ikea Markus
>FLAC
>private trackers
>IPS monitor
>cable management
>self-built computer
Every meme was great. Thank you Sup Forums.

>-16:10 monitor
SHUT YOURE WHORE MOUTH THEY ARE THE BEST

It's worth noting that Firefox was good back in v2-3.5 days.
My point: maybe before becoming memes there was some actual good advice.

>he fell for "firefox is bad" spam
Think for yourself.

I read it. I only understood like 60% of it though.

I use a clevo laptop here. Why's it a meme again? I've never seen them being memed, someone explain?

cocklick.er is better

- Laptops
- College
- Cars

So much wasted time and money.

Also

- ATI

So many hours wasted on shitty drivers and defective bullshit.

give me the reasons of why I should use firefox instead of chrome

>the ITX form factor

What don't you like about it? I really like my NFC S4 Mini.

I think every piece of technology is a "meme" on Sup Forums

>F-Droid
>microG
>Void Linux on my work desktop
>chinkshit closed-air headphones (ISK HD9999)
>chinkshit 2-in-1 tablet (Cube Mix Plus)
>nanami-tan.info
>in the process of removing myself from the Goolag botnet and going back to self-hosting

Void has been a pain in the ass to get what I specifically want (compiled Xrdp and the RDP server functionality doesn't appear to work while using x11vnc constantly fucks up, no luck with compiling Apache Guacamole because of a dependency on some lib that hasn't been updated in nine years) so I'm going to switch to Devuan since that at least has a decent package repo, even though the idea of a musl-based distro is more appealing

the touchpad on the chinkshit 2-in-1 has to be the worst touchpad I've ever used and the only one I know of that has actively hindered me, not to mention that you need to hold Fn to use F1-F12 on the keyboard. I should have gone for a X220 instead

>implying Firefox is not good

What's actually so great about Arch? Not trolling.

>fell for android tablet meme

Currently iPad Pro master race.

Linux
Motorola phones

Still using KDE Neon and my G4 Play. They're good.

yes it's a meme, still ok though if you don't use it for professional stuff

Great documentation
AUR has pretty much everything
Very active community, lots of forum posts llke Ubuntu albeit way more autistic

every mouse feels like shit after using the moinix naos 7000. what do?

>phoneniggers
Literally who gives three flying fucks about phones
"I can now use garbage normie social media apps faster"
kill yourselves

Bill Keane, nooooo!

How the fuck would flashing an image make a physical LED appear

mpv
sucha piece of crap

Only worthwhile ones
>mechanical keyboard
>trackball
>business laptops
>private trackers
>StartPage
>

It wouldn't make an LED appear, it would make the existing one work.