Why is there so much racism in tech?

Why is there so much racism in tech?

I am African American, and almost everyone I have encountered (including people at the company where I currently work, and the university I studied at) assumes I am less capable than others. In reality, the opposite is true. I am currently a security researcher, researching methods to bypass the iOS lock screen without knowing the passcode (I will be publishing a paper soon).

Other urls found in this thread:

zerodium.com/tor.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give it back, Jamal.

tech is a toxic environment as a transfemine lesbian guys keep hitting on me cause they think im guy and doing something with social media. im actually in data science

Give it back Jamal

because black people in tech are extremely rare.

Quality meme Jamal. Now give it back.

>researching methods to bypass the iOS lock screen without knowing the passcode
Tyrone...

hahahah oh man

Tech companies are falling over their feet to employ competent black men.

We wuz coders n' shiet

This is (good) bait

You misogynist cis scum, you think you have it hard? Imagine being transspecies nongendernormative NORMAL SIZED girl trying to enter IT industry you fucking nazi

Hello, would you like a position in frontend development?

>I am currently a security researcher, researching methods to bypass the iOS lock screen without knowing the passcode
lmao

autism probably

Have you considered bruteforcing it (i.e: fucking punch a guy in the face an asked him for the password before you put him to sleep)?

Enjoy the (you)s OP

> assumes I am less capable than others
Because of quotas when talentless hacks are hired to fulfill it. If you want to change the attitude towards you, stand against quotas for minorities.

Fuck, I wasnt ready for that

Now this is a quality thread, OP. Enjoy this reply, you earned it.

really makes my bones rattle

It's because computer are racist

In group bias and exclusion is the natural state of human society.

Samefag. OP is a faggot.

Bullshit. You're a vitimist.
Stop lying and go to work or I'll get the whip.

Computers have identified Rakim as a Rapist/Kidnapper/Sodomizer

Didn't see the word "nigger" in there

Computers are not racist, they are accurate

who was the guy known as the 'tech nigger' that I always saw mentioned around here.

Cause superior tech is for superior race.

After 7 years of seeing this shit meme every day, this one was actually good.

Good job OP.

>(I will be publishing a paper soon).
You mean you will be in the papers?

If you went to a track race and there were nothing but black people except for one white person, you'd assume he's less capable than the rest
That's not racism, it's common sense

what

Most black people are aggressive violent criminals, congratulations on breaking the mold Dontravius.

he's a rich black dude who uses an 80K RED camera to film unboxings and read the box in his bedroom. So like, the highest echelon of tech a negro can aspire to.

bro fuck AppleShit...develop 0day for tor and you will be quite wealthy
You can start here:
zerodium.com/tor.html

I just checked out VSCode. It takes 150MB of RAM with one 1,5MB sql file, and it doesn't even color the syntax.

For comparison Sublime Text with the same file takes about 60MB of RAM with about 20 extensions installed. And it doesn't need additional extensions to color syntax in most popular languages.

it's not your fault. Affirmative action has created a generation of white men who cynically (and sometimes correctly) assume that hiring blacks is a corporate move to satisfy quotas.