Admit it

You'd buy one of you could afford it.

This is the one.

Got one, dunno what to do with lol. Thought of maybe using it as a light terminal, but the serial cable looks pretty expensive though.

I use mine to store passwords securely, run some old MS-DOS programs, and the calculator application is really great if you like RPN. The solver is unique and integrates with 123 really well. I have a CF to PCMCIA adapter with a 128MB card in there, it'll be enough storage for my uses forever. Also makes file transfer easy, simply eject the card, stick it in your PC, move files, put back in the 200LX.

Too cool, user, too cool

How does GPD Pocket compare to them?

GPD Pocket is much more powerful of course, and has a color screen, but it doesn't run on normal AAs and the battery life sucks compared to the HP.

I change my 200LX's batteries every couple of months.

Pic related is pretty comfy but I'd love to have a msdos one to use Turbo C++ or ZZT on the go

Can you run Dosbox on that Hitachi?

nah it's windows CE 1.X. I can edit text, compile C programs, use microsoft office, play old roguelikes and that's pretty much it.

can we install something really lightweight or terminal only Linux distro on it?

Not on its 186 CPU.

stop with this shit already

But I already do.

>t. retard

Thank that one applefag

>tfw no SRAM cards

>pic related
>
I've done my research boy. An ancient version of MINIX has been made to run on the 200LX but no Linux distro has been successfully installed on it. ELKS can not be made to run due to unique issues with the machine. There's literally no Linux on the thing.

I have a bunch but they're a crappy solution compared to a CF type 1 card in a PCMCIA adapter.

>There's literally no Linux on the thing.
I think we could make a 8086 version since we have Linux ports on various platforms, but there's no reason because it's cheaper to buy a more powerful machine.

>I think we could make a 8086 version since we have Linux ports on various platforms
ELKS is just such a thing but because of the unique kludges they used to fit essentially a whole PC into something the size of a checkbook over 25 years ago and make it run on AA's, it's different enough that it simply hasn't been made to work properly. It might be possible but it would take some work.

>applefag
You mean that PR department middle manager, right?

B-but muh memes. I-it's board culture you n-newfag.

>store passwords securely
Are they actually encrypted? I'd be surprised if the CPU were fast enough for that.

Jelly/10

This an old pic or is she doing stuff recently?

More info on that lenovo?
looks pretty comfy.

It's utter shit It's a miix pad 2. Bought it 156€ 2 years ago, I use it daily and is convenient because it's fast, full 32bit windows 8.1 and can shitpost from everywhere, play light games like snes, pdf viewing, etc... This is actually a tablet you can disconnect from the keyboard. It's more a flaw tgan anything because 99.9% of the timme you'll want to use the keyboard and it's just super unconvenient to connect it to it because it's a shitty magnetic system and it happens fucking everytime that the keyboard isn't connected right so youhave to plug it unplug it, blow a little on the connectors, plug it again, then while I torrent a movie on a usb stick and I move the computer, the keyboard gets disconnected and your usb stick is unmounted in the middle of the download.Yeah the usb ports are on the keyboard. Last thin, the usb port themselves are total shit, one of the two is almost dead and that's by far the big issue of the device: programmed obsolescence. I take good care of my devices but this computer just destroys itself as time passes. Nonetheless, it's a 1920x1200 screen, It can play 1080p videos beautifully, It can play some really pretty games like battlefield 2 with a mouse (even tho it's a single core 1.6ghz). So it's definitely a comfy machine but with really poor build quality and shitty design. Oh and also from day one the right click from the trackpad was half broken but apparently it's how it's supposed to feel. My advice, buy it second hand for nothing more than 90$, otherwise just buy a bettef product but its lightweightness, battery (4h after 2 years of constant use) and kickass screen still make this pc a really useful machine. I use it for youtube/browsing in the bed, read pdf files in fullscreen while playing falcon 4.0 / FSX and display checklists, maps I can scroll with the touchscreen. I also use it for C programming with msys2, torrent, dosbox, finished dozens lf games on it like sam and max, famicom tantei, morrowind.

Goddammit, of course I couldn't, I was a lil bitty kiddy. But I drooled over those things every time ads showed up at our house. J&R was the best because it was such a thick booklet.

So naturally I got really excited when eee/ netbooks started becoming a thing.

Fucking Libretto though... I was crazy for that thing and wasted so many ink cartridges printing out pages of pictures and info about it. Even though I'm lefty and would have had an awful time with that righty mouse nubbin. I just wanted the 50CT so I could play any game on it and probably get online to look up pictures of other laptops.

The best I ended up able to afford as a little babu was picrelated. It was so hella sweet - my own TV, and I could take it anywhere! I later learned that I could technically play PlayStation (or any console) on it by making contact between the RF adapter and the antenna, but by then I had a sweet 13 incher.

I fuck with you.

>ZZT
Megazeux or nothing, friendo