Retro stuff

Just post you retro junk

PicOfOP.gif

Bumping with my G40.

I know it's nothing special, but I don't have the space to collect them with appropriate mobos and such. I also have a PII somewhere around and an Athlon 64, but the latter isn't so retro yet.

and yes, the Athlon has had its die chipped during the installation of the cooler.

CPU collecting is fun, still has a bit of "man jewelry" appeal to it and it doesn't take up a ton of space

some day you should get just a board for each socket, set up some test systems and fuck around with benchmarking them, that's what I'd eventually love to do with my collection

>want to listen to some old tapes
>my 3 portable cassette players are all broken
fuck

>retro stuff
>bunch of x86 shit that isn't even that old

What are those bolts on the CPU lid for? I always wondered but was afraid to ask.

They hold a CPU heatsink in place, you screw it on.

Thanks, that was simpler than I expected.

>top right has just one SDRAM slot
>bottom left has PCI slots in between ISA slots instead of above
Those are some weird-ass boards you have there. Top two look like Socket 5/7, and is that bottom one Socket 4?

>those dallas modules
Enjoy fixing them

Just bleached up some front panels

quite a contrast

>MT-32
Holy mama fuckin mia, now there's a unit.

I really should be posting on nekochan soon. Do they have an IRC?

I loved the kinds of turbo/power/reset buttons like middle right case. I wonder if they were specific to any (white label) manufacturer

I see you watch LGR.

I kind of want to build an LGR shitbox around a socket 4 Pentium with blinkenlights, but I'm not sure how the fuck I would even want to implement it. It would probably run too fast to display shit like register status and system load doesn't seem as exciting.

Yeah, I went in there once when I was kind of new to SGI hardware and found most of the regulars to be kind of prickish though. I wouldn't really want to go in there unless I spent a while on the forums, and I hate that shit too because of their autism about copyrighted software.