My coworkers are talking about starting a Bitcoin mining operation

We work in a government building so electricity and cooling shouldn't be an issue but we've never done anything like this before.

How easy would this be to pull off?

Bumping for interest. I do this at my University, but that's obviously very different.

you are like 4 years too late, give up already

Enjoy getting fired and sued morons

you are late as fuck to the party user, you should really just give it up.

Hurr crypto rose in the past and it's still rising, so you're too late!

Lrn2mine or keep quiet and let us reap the benefits.

>mining bitcoins in 2017
Thanks for raising the cost of video cards you fucking rube.

Enjoy your 10% profit in 3 years

I think what you should do is pretty obvious when people who are interested in these type of things has their own containment board.

Have beast computer

>Mine when not using it, make profit, never pay for another game.
>Turn it off when not using it, have less diverse income, pay for games.

Pick one.

Enjoy your 0%, loser.

>Nocoiner pretending to be a coiner
>He thinks mining is the only way
Lmao, dude just BUY THE DIP

>have beast computer

you dumb shit, the only way to remain compeditive in the mining game is to have multiple racks of machines with multiple miner ASICs in each. You literally can't compete with a single machine.

>beast computer
>games

when you move out you will have some space for some racks then you can maybe start getting serious, until then you're the loser

Already done. Money is money, don't hate just because you have no passive income.

>You dumb shit, why would you take a job as a manager? The only way to compete in the business game is as a CEO!

Wow you people are some simpletons.

That's improper use of government resources. You should report them becasue when shit eventually goes down they'll all blame you saying "they didn't know what you were doing and only went along becasue they were afriad you would shoot up the place if they didn't"

hes kinda right though, have super computers or high end commerical computers that only the rich and upper class get ahold of or no dice man. Bitcoin minning isnt easy anymore its fucking hard and almost impossible to gain anything unless you get into the right secure pool that only really smart people are in. Thats another thing with bitcoin mining you gotta know math fucking hard math and coding to start you off it isnt simple.

But I'm not paying for the power consumed. I'm making money whenever I'm not using my computer.

If there's an argument that it will make my GPU break, I'm all ears. If the argument is "some people make more money than you, so you're dumb for making money at all" then kindly go kill yourself.

My university has a network of supercomputers. Is it legal to mine buttcoins using them?

It's legal, but it's against the terms of service that you agree to when using them. Be specific, legal refers to the justice system, while terms of use are related to usage of shared services.
You won't go to jail but you'll be banned from using the supercomputers, and possibly disciplined.

Go to your cryptonigger containment board and post pink wojaks

It will shorten your GPU lifespan (mining bitcoin with a GPU today is retarded anyways), you'll get caught, the amount of effort you and your pals will need to put in still wont be profitable unless you can invest in some serious hardware to make use of your "free" electricity.

That's what I meant to ask. Poor choice of words though. My bad. Thanks.

>Mine when not using it, make profit, never pay for another game.
Pay the taxes and the electricity you are using for only 3$ worth of bitcoin montly

Most people using consumer hardware to "mine Bitcoin" in 2017 are just mining other cryptocurrencies, and often converting the profits to bitcoin automatically using pools like NiceHash, ya dinguses

Do it with the DGX-1 Volta

And? Why not have $3 in free money a month? The average Sup Forums user probably spends 3 hours a day ricing their Arch installation, why not use 25 minutes to set up a miner?

>free
>have to pay electricity
>have to pay components
>stress your grapics card every hour of every day of the mont, killing it and getting in about 60ÂșC every fucking second of the month
>3$

Fuck mining bitcoin on consumer-grade PC, just mine valuable altcoin instead. XMR is a good way to go.

If you PC its for your personal use, it will work like a shit, you are stressing it everytime you are mining and his lifetime will decrease a lot, so, you have to buy new components to use it

If you want to make money off of buttcoin at this point in time just buy and sell it.

OP said it was $3 *profit*. You could always run it as a heater just in the winter; thermodynamically it literally can't be less efficient than a normal space heater.
Besides if your GPU is so shitty it only makes you $3 per month maybe you should put that $3 towards a GPU made in the last 5 years :^)

Oh, so I have to pay 800$ to make 10$/month :DDDDDDDDD

>compeditive

>You could always run it as a heater just in the winter
This is literally the only way to do it efficiently right now

ok Sup Forums how about mining ETH or LTC? Still too late for that?

>first 3 months
home PC
>4-12 months in
home multiple GPU rigs
>1year +
super mining farms in china run by mafia

You are way too late to the party OP.