Which one do you prefer brits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk
dslchecker.bt.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

neither, akmed
t.american

well virgin is cheaper and far faster so

BT is better because it means i can pay noseberg to watch the men hitting each other (UFC)

VM.
Faster for less money and previously have come out and said there are no "black boxes" on their lines; unlike BT who have refused to comment.

TalkTalk

I use virgin media but only cause it has the best upload in my area. Speed and reliability isn't bad.

Really need Gigabit.

Virgin was better back when it was Blueyonder.

BT is faster and doesn't try to Jew you nearly as much as virgin who charged me for bills
Three months after I quit them.

&
HMMMMMMMM

Guess I'll stick with Sky.

> BT
> 1st result on YouTube
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

Bring back NTL ;__;

Sky is just BT rebranded. Same cables, same botnet.

If Openreach native FTTP is available at your house, BT is the clear choice. If you only have ADSL or bad VDSL, or if Virgin offer FTTP in your area, Virgin is the clear choice.

If you have the choice of fast (80/20) VDSL or Virgin, it's harder. Virgin will be faster in general but they have a reputation for bad contention ratios, peak time throttling, etc.

Please post a screenshot of this checker's output for your line, censoring your number obviously: dslchecker.bt.com

Also tell me what Virgin says they can offer you.

>
>Sky is just BT rebranded. Same cables
Yes and no, assuming you're talking about VDSL or LLU ADSL rather than their Connect product. It's the same Openreach last mile of course, but from the exchange it goes to Sky's backhaul instead of BT Wholesale's. It's a tossup as to which is better in practice, but they do have the potential to be different.

(Me)
I fucked up the quote

Virgin Media is now owned by Liberty Global, soros now own's shares in them too

virign cause where my house is means its the faster one even tho i could have others, used to be on talktalk.
Both are bad but idk any other in uk that don't suck and aren't cunts.

I failed the TV license exam. So neither.

Virgin just for speed and price

Agreed that Virgin will often be better but always check for Openreach FTTP first. It's becoming available in more places lately. And also look for any smaller local FTTP providers that may exist.

Anyone else remember the bt messenger on the PSP.

TalkTalk too. The only reason I stick with them is there the ISP that gives the least fucks about pirating, illegal streams or torrents.

They were the ones who held out the longest before the government made them do something. Not that I think they do it out of principle. They just can't be arsed to police themselves.

BT at my parents house:
30Mb if you're lucky, £50 a month.

Virgin Media at my house:
220Mb, £37 a month.

BT raises their "phone line rental" prices every 6 months because they can, and if you want Internet but don't have Virgin you will need a phone line. Fuck BT.

Naked DSL is not a thing in the UK and never has been, so any xDSL service implies line rental as a requirement. At least they now have to advertise prices with line rental included. If you need a new line, many ISPs will swallow the cost of it provided you sign up for a long contract.

Their FTTH products don't have this problem, but unfortunately they're mostly only available in areas where FTTC was deemed unviable. This results in a strange situation where some rural cottages have much better internet than some city-centre flats. G.fast is coming but it only applies to properties very close to the cabinet, and an awful lot of homes are too far for that but too close to justify FTTP.

Virgin
BT if you're in an area that Virgin doesn't yet cover

Not that either are good.
Virgin's upload speed is atrocious, and the routers they supply are shit