Holy Shit

Scientists at Columbia University have created the first artificial muscle that behaves just like a human muscle, but that's three times stronger. This is one of the last great obstacles in creating human like synths. This is huge

inverse.com/article/36557-soft-robots-synthetic-muscle

Other urls found in this thread:

emacswiki.org/emacs/Deldo
youtube.com/watch?v=D1sXuHnf_lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So how soon until we make this into a robotic vagina that succs you so hard your soul comes out of your cock?

Probably a decade.

meanwhile you can fuck the vacuum

I told you not to disturb while I was cleaning my room.

I get that reference!

/thread

How much longer till my vision is Augmented?

This is why Roy could catch and lift Deckard from below him to overhead with one outstretched arm.

Be patient Batou

How much electricity does it take to expand/contract?

Now I feel old

This is also why the synths in Alien puke milk.

Why do we need to come up with artificial muscles for our robots? I thought that science was about improving on nature's designs not simply coping them.

You need to make a good copy first to improve it

It was the shithead the whole time!

Would you break your spine if you got these implanted into your arms and tried to lift something very heavy?

3x strength is an improvement.

>Playback speed x16
Probably has a pull force of a few grams. This technology has a long way to go still.

I'm allergic to dust

>using expensive synthetic muscle
>not just suppressing myostatin through cheap and effective genetic/drug treatments

That guy wanted to show his hands

>Playback speed x16
Kek.

A different article makes it clear why:
>capable of expansion up to 900% when electrically heated to 80°C

They're heating a lump of silicone and ethanol from room temperature to 80C using a 8V source.

It's very cute and may have many fun applications, but the terminator drones that finally wipe us out will not be using thermal expansion based muscles.

that's shit then, we had "fishing line" muscles which also contract or expand when heated. Heat is shit though because you always have a long cool-down period if you don't additionally cool them.

Why do you clean your room when Gail swallows?

holy shit, lad. this brings me back.

people already can hurt their spine when trying to lift something very heavy

I never asked for this.

DOES IT EVEN

LIFT
I
F
T

WTF PERFORMANCE

>We’re used to spastic robots like the fictional R2-D2 or the real-life Pepper

Article written by someone who knows jack shit about robots.

Smooth movement was one of the very first things solved in the field of robotics.

This is seriously some big stuff. The issue with modern day actuators is size, weight and energy efficiency, and this could solve all three. Incoming Persacoms and Houseroids if this proves feasible to mass produce (and actually lives up to the lab hype).

Speed is way more important though, and this doesn't seem to have it.

may our sex robots use this tecnology to please us

Completely flexible vagenes with realistic feeling?

YESYESYESYESY

DID ANY OF YOU HORNY FUCKS EVEN GLANCE THE VIDEO?

THE MUSCLES ARE SO FUCKING SLOW.
but if we get them faster then please put them in the best sex dolls we have and make that fucking dream come true, sexdoll human-like AI that is better then any other fucking human on this fucking planet.

Nature's had several billion years of real-world testing.

It's a pretty good bet that nature came up with a good way of doing something and we should pretty much just copy as much of that as we can instead of trying our own thing. We can try our own thing after we've got the working nature knock-off.

>he thinks we've actually improved upon nature

Our best designs are largely the original kind

>three times stronger
ban cyborgs RIGHT NOW

In the sex doll thread earlier, I was mentioning how a group of engineers were working on making superior servos for robotics that were quiet.
I guess they just lost to this.
It's finally happening. In 40 years!

Don't think of it in terms of allergic to dust.
Think of it in terms of normal people get puny pathetic boners, but you get ULTRA THICC BONERS.
You could slap a fucking whale to death with your magnum dust-irritated cock.
That's a skill worth being proud of my boy.

>three times stronger.
Can't wait to be retrofitted then become a cyborg.

Screw the sex robots, improving this could finally yield the perfect artificial human body.

The brain (self) would be the bottleneck, we'd need to figure out how to make that more durable and transplant it into a body made of muscles like this.

o-o-Of course not, that would be nonsense!!!!!

plata... o plomo

Where's it from user?

>Screw the sex robots, improving this could finally yield the perfect artificial human body.
Or the perfect sex robot body.

That's because it's thermal based and it takes time to heat and cool. There will easily be advances in this region.

I get what you mean but our airplanes doing flap their wings

>heat based
lmao. it's literally a scam fraud
theyre playing with putty

*don't

Vr goggles and real time image processing might be a good substitute for now, and its noninvasive...

>The brain (self) would be the bottleneck, we'd need to figure out how to make that more durable and transplant it into a body made of muscles like this.

I think you'd change the body piece by piece, not the brain? At least that would be the "ethical" way people like, by changing only small amounts of you at a time.

extremely underrated post

If you really wanted to I guess, but I was just thinking replace the entire body in one swoop (assuming consciousness is fully in the brain, yadda yadda... philosophy and crap.)

wtf, i could make a "muscle" based solely on resettable fuses, working on the same voltage and temperature as the one demonstrated but way faster!

Officer Doofy in Scary Movie!

DEUS EX HERE I COME

do it pussy

would you snap a neck if you twisted a head with your hands?

Neat. Uplifting to see a thread on Sup Forums about actual technology instead of amd linux secret club bullshit.

can they make anal dildos controlled via internet with this? asking for a gay friend

Imagine the latency though. I don't want to get virtually stroked by a laggy hand.

Well I don't know about that but emacs sure as hell has a command for it!
emacswiki.org/emacs/Deldo
youtube.com/watch?v=D1sXuHnf_lo

Upboats, /r/eddit Sup Forumsro!

electrically actuated artificial muscle fibers have been developed fucking ages ago using carbon nanotubes and some other shit i don't remember.

sage for old news

Nope we need battletech right now not gay cyborg shit

We have now entered the era of twisted wicked sex toys

>that behaves just like a human muscle,
No, if that were true, then beach balls and hydraulic actuators are also ``just like human muscle''.