Why does Sup Forums shill so hard for uBlock Origin?

>not seem an ad in years
>one day, ABP misses an ad on Sup Forums
>think "fuck it, time for me to try uBlock Origin"
>try it, seems fine
>week later, start seeing ads on Sup Forums again, but they go away when the page finises loading so I think nothing of it
>another week later, got an ad on fucking YouTube
Ok guys, seriously, how can you defend this? Either I'm doing something wrong or Sup Forums has made a big mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
raymondhill.net/ublock/adbox.html
jsfiddle.net/codefag/3t9r045q/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>another Sup Forumsirgin not realizing you have to use filter lists to actually block things

>doesn't know that UBO use third party filters
>being this retarded

I am using filter lists. I'm pretty sure that I've got stuff like Easylist set up.

Pic related.

uBlock Origin is open source. As for your problems: works on my machine.

werks on my machine, faggot

You're a fucking retard.

I haven't had a single issue after years of use.

>>another week later, got an ad on fucking youtube

that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works

Go on?

it doesn't just stop werking a week later. b8.

So blame it on the people maintaining these filter lists.

Same here.

I always noticed mublock origin would block shit after loading.

Plus it was no faster or lower memory usage than abp.

>I always noticed mublock origin would block shit after loading.
That's how adblockers work in general, sperglord. And it is faster and uses less resources than abp.

>Blocking ads on Sup Forums
Fucking kill yourself

refresh your lists, restrict permissions

ublock origin will block exactly the same things as ABP if you use exactly the same filter lists
it works flawlessly

if you use chromium based, install also the 'extra' thingy

no longer necessary

This is now a ADNAUSEAM thread, the only ad blocker Sup Forums approves

>not using pihole

ishyggydiggy

Use firefox with it. Also, the reason uBlock Origin is better is because it's 10x more efficient and doesn't worsen your performance if you use custom filters plus doesn't shill for (((allowed ads))).

Can't into cosmetic filtering and collapsing blocked frames and elements.

But that's an ad hider.

Not an ad blocker. Kys.

>start seeing ads on Sup Forums again, but they go away when the page finises loading

That's because ublock can only hide ads, not block them from downloading in the first place

:^)

this is better anyway

When does this shit get ported to Android? The system that could make the most utility of it and there is no port for it, my heart is broken.

ublock failed stop certain ads on youtube since a few days, especially the one minute long grammerly ones

Lol, I have never seen ads on youtube. In fact, I wasn't even aware youtube had ads until 2015, when I installed a new browser.

Same here. I was on android and went WTF when I saw an ad about youtube while a video was playing. Thank god for XPosed

You're basically begging them to profile every site you visit, that's the definition of a cuck.

they log your visit anyway. you can hide yourself, you can damage them by clicking ads

They don't if you block them user, that's the point. Ads are 3rd party elements on websites. If you don't load them, they aren't notified. That's why uMatrix exists.

ublock more like uhide. i mean there is no denying it at this point the only thing that is being blocked by this extension are the pictures. inb4 abp shill.i dont even know how people can use a "blocker"(read as hider) that is literally worse than not using an adblocker.

noscript is way better than umatrix. umatrix looks like a fucking childs toy so many boxes. lel security can be fun xD. muh gui.

My bro Aaron works for a six-letter-agency and he told me that the guys behind uBo actually SUPPORT the poor palestinians.

Just imagine that !! In 5777 (((Current year)))

Really, "adverts" are a tool to keep businesses goin' are you a commie nazi by any chance ??

SUPPORT ISRAELI ENTERPRENEURSHIP

bad shilling here, (((Y0U))) can read the wiki on github and see the light:

you are spreading fear inducing disinfo

are you paid to shill this way?

bad shilling really grow up

Seems legit.

It's really not, and this is especially evident on Android where the GUI would make as lot more sense. NSA is a pain to use and is hardly a good compromise.

Is the latest uBlock on Android broken for anyone else? The element picker isn't working, and it's not blocking all the cosmetic stuff my list has.
The older version (before Webextension) works normally

which version exactly?

>"broken"

those are the new features of webextensions

enjoy the newest jewest shitfox, goy

1.13.8 is the last one that has a working element picker on Firefox Android Beta

1.14.8 has a working picker on Nightly version. I just tested it. If you're using experimental/beta versions things can break sometimes when you update. Just clear app data and set up everything from the beginning and it should work. I had broken sync for a month until I decided to do the same to fix it.

Saw Youtube ads for the first time on a friends' phone last year. No idea how normies deal with that shit. It was like a minute long too.

>No idea how normies deal with that shit.
they literally dont see a problem with it. its so fucking bizarre.

>not disabling first-party scripts by default

This. To be honest, I probably never would've found out about ad-blocking if it weren't for the fact that I was around back when YouTube first started using video ads.

>restrict permissions
What's this?

They're used to it, it's just how things are for them.
They don't know any better so they just go along with it, i got friends like that too and they just don't give a fuck and won't even let me install an adblocker even after their pc is completely infected with adware, they just go like "i'll just get a mac bruh, those don't get viruses".

>doesn't block ads
>better than an ad blocker

Does ADP work differently?

nigga it's open source

That's a really dumb reason to not use something, but there's an alternate interface if you feel the gui is insulting your autism.

But that's false.

Is that behaviour available just from the filter lists? What about in ADP?

You need to? Does it come on by default or something? It's blocking all ads here and all I did was install it.

Friendly reminder that RequestPolicyContinued is superior to uMatrix as a companion to uBlock Origin.
Why? Here's a quick example: say you visit sites with vimeo embeds. So you allow cross site requests from site faggot.com to vimeo.com, and you reload the page. You've reloaded your page, and guess what? A new entry appears: vimeocdn.com. So you allow cross site requests from site faggot.com to vimeocdn.com, and you reload the page.
Rinse and repeat for every single fucking website out there with similar cross site requests (youtube, catpchas, blogspot... with the cdn meme many third party script calls other third party sites once they're fired)
The alternative approach on uMatrix is saying "hell, you know what? I'm going to allow vimeo, vimeocdn, google.com, gstatic, youtube etc etc on EVERY site". Sure, but what's the point of using an addon allowing you to detail granular policies if you're going to do something like that?
Here RequestPolicyContinued kicks in. IF vimeo is allowed, THEN vimeo cant contact vimeocdn.
>but uMatrix subscription
you have them in uBlock

I prefer umatrix's more autistic, granular control.

Again with this fucking bullshit. Go read gorhill's FAQ, there's an entry addressing this fucking bullshit.
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

>That one asshole who blocks the "Submit"/Next button on popular sites
oh! haha! devilish! xddd!! fuck youj

>ADP
I'm going to assume this is adbock plus, and yes it's the same for both. The main benefit of ublock is that it's less resource demanding and doesn't have the "acceptable ads" thing.

>ad blocker Sup Forums approves
nay master user, that be neither a ad blocker nor Sup Forums approved

Point is you can achieve the same if not better granularity on RequestPolicyContinued, albeit you won't have fancy autismo matrix to play with, that's true

I don't want RP's hierarchies. I want to enable googlevideo and youtube only on the few domains I choose.

...but you're going to do that. googlevideo, or vimeocdn, are blocked unless you're allowing youtube embeds or vimeo embeds. You're still reasoning in the uMatrix way (enable for all or for one)

>Completely false. uBlock Origin does not "trigger" any "ads API" (whatever that is). It prevents network requests from being made according to filter lists (or dynamic filtering rules) so that your browser does not connect to remote servers, period.
I'm calling bullshit. If this is the case, then why have I seen ads appear and then disappear?

>I'm calling bullshit.
You're calling bullshit on gorhill? I'm calling you an idiot, or an ABP shill. It's something anyone can verify in the logger.

No, I know how requestpolicy works. I used it before uMatrix and switched because I prefer uMatrix. For requestpolicy, when you enable a certain cross-site request, it will always load as long as the domains above it are also enabled. I don't want that behavior. I want it to go one by one.

They'll do that if they're cached from seeing them previously. Clear your cache.

Ah shit, yeah. Should've typed ABP.

Will do, thanks user.

>For requestpolicy, when you enable a certain cross-site request, it will always load as long as the domains above it are also enabled.
That's the point.
> I don't want that behavior. I want it to go one by one.
You want to manually approve cross site requests to vimeocdn every time you allow vimeo and refresh twice? Well, enjoy it. I can't guess why should I block vimeocdn IF I'm allowing vimeo. To each their own

I don't watch videos in browser 99% of the time. Things like google APIs I would prefer not to be enabled unless I tell it to explicitly.

ublock is shit, but i use it in addition to uMatrix in case i only want certain shit to be blocked and have the page still usable.

Either way get umatrix and all your problems are solved, now i don't fear JAV pages anymore.

kys dumb shit

he presents a test page
raymondhill.net/ublock/adbox.html
I always see the red stuff "blinking" when I reload the page even if I refresh the cache. If I disable uBlock, the "red stuff" stays there obviously.
It seems a thing affecting only cosmetic filters that aren't addressed with a network block and with CSP rules often employed by uBlock (e.g. it will block meta noscript tag too usually), yet, it's a thing happening even on not-so-slow computers and not-so-slow networks. It shouldn't matter privacy wise since it's not something in lists, it's just cosmetic.

also, this flickering occurs only with generic cosmetic filters, given that specific cosmetic filters are
> injected before page's root DOM is loaded

Do you have "Ignore generic cosmetic filters" unchecked in the options?

>raymondhill.net/ublock/adbox.html
What?

No, obviously. Otherwise the generic cosmetic filters wouldn't be applied.

don't let me record that, user. Keep refreshing, you'll see red test blinking. Also, check

>profile every site you visit
jsfiddle.net/codefag/3t9r045q/
run this script every now and then and you can guarantee your "profile" will be worthless.

since we're on the topic, how can I hide pic related with UBO?

Yes.

>No, obviously.
I meant, "Yes, obviously". I have "Ignore generic cosmetic filters" unchecked; generic cosmetic filters wouldn't be applied otherwise.

yeah if i ever have to work on their shit i always download an adblocker but also use mpv to block certain hosts. if they see a sign to turn off adblock they will easily do it without thinking twice.

>you dont like what i like so you have autism. hurr durr im a fucking retard
kys

Just installed uBO, should I just enable all the filters or would that be bad?

Fix your font rendering, retard

What's wrong with it?

Do you have cleartype enabled?

everything

it's perfectly fine, but only if you're blind

Not gonna lie, I have no clue what that is.