What programming language should I learn first and what is a good way to learn said language?

What programming language should I learn first and what is a good way to learn said language?

Javascript and Python.
Both are easy tier.

What do you want to accomplish exactly?

What languages do you think are the most valuable for working in tech?

Also, which of these girls would you bang?

c++ and c++

Is JavaScript any good ? Just started 3D CG school and heard we'll learn a bit of it to a very basic level.

Python then C
SICP in Python or literally any intro to comp sci using Python resource

C Primer Plus/ C Programming: A Modern Approach

Then a book on algorithms, then whatever book and video playlist for data structures, then a book on C pointers

Nothing will be out of your reach after these and you could sit with the cool kids.

C a modern approach it's kind of big for a beginner, and if that wasn't a problem, it's also pretty outdated

I'd actually say head first c, it's probably the only book I'd recommend from the head first series

I want to take care of C#.

The ones most likely to give you a job are Java, C# and possibly JavaScript (if you also know HTML/CSS)

Easiest to go the JavaScript/HTML/CSS route.

Python is easy to learn, but any job involving Python will likely require you to know a lot of math (for example to do machine learning, statistical analysis and so on) or as a backend tool with Django.

This is a good way to learn if you want to be a good programmer and don't care about getting a job as soon as possible:

they're all cartoons m8

I want to FUCK C#

user pls she's only 15.

still legal

Someone give c++ a burger

>tfw no new languages
I know 2010s is cancerous but where's our program gal? Is programming done forever??????

I started learning js three days ago and it's pretty simple (I'm an illiterate who only knows html and css) also you can practice on whatever website using userscripts. one of the reasons I find difficult to learn other languages is the lack of immediate feedback speaking of everyday utility

Uhh, what about Rust user?

>What programming language should I learn first and what is a good way to learn said language?
Fortran

most of the professional world will be moving from javascript to typescript (which compiles back to javascript anyway) within the next few years, but it's not ever going to go away, no, so it's worth learning

Ignore all these answers, start with Scheme. You need to learn how to PROGRAM, not program IN some language, and scheme is so minimal, it wont taint your mind with language specific concepts

>C++ middle level programming , fast numerical applications
>Java high portability and rich framework for any purpose
>Javascript run evewhere , cloud computing, IOT (Espruino microcontrollers)

STAY AWAY FROM PYTHON IS FOR RETARDS.

>professional world will be moving from javascript to typescript

retards who tries to force javascript to look like java instead exploiting the benefits of pure JS.

t. someone who has never worked with a javascript codebase spanning more than some basic jquery plugins for popups

TS is retard-safe JS and it's a massive fucking blessing since 98% of all javascript programmers are utterly shit and will look at you with a vacant stare if you ask them what a closure is or how scoping works

whatever you call "pure" JS is still fully possible

legal here 2bh

that image is wrong, c# pajeets cant read.

thats because you are working on retard frontend applications, we people who works on real CS know the benefits of pure JS.

is this a touhou reference?

yes user, it is a touhou reference

heck yea

If you wanna get a hot job, go for Java/Python/C++ bro.

Trust me.

Python then C/C++

Stuck between Python and Ruby.

>Stuck between eating dog shit or cat shit

just keep masturbating.

The girls, user. Not the actual languages.

fuck off

This makes me want to learn php what a qt

How fast can you learn a language, let's say Java, Javascript, Python ,etc to an employable level?

As much as you can stop wasting time not learning them

Let's say 3 hours of serious studying a day
I'm honestly asking because I have no idea, how many years are we talking about

I WANT TO MARRY PYTHON!

javascript

I want to bully PHP-chan.

C/C++

It's harder and you'll have to program much more to do what could be done in python via a one liner. However, having this kind of under the hood knowledge makes you a much better programmer in terms of knowledge and structure. You'll find going from a language like c/c++ to something like python is really easy. Where as if you went from python to c/c++ it would still be fairly difficult.

C++
>older
>more mature
>still attractive

C -> Java -> Python

Scheme

Why not the other way around? Thats how I did it and I think Python is easier for beginners (both Syntax, the fact that you can import almost everything easily and the Imperative nature)

Learn C# first. It's a simple, beautiful, modern high-level language.

When you get a bit better, learn Rust for something lower level for systems programming.

>tfw living under a rock

too much magic and syntax sugar

C so you can give up, fuck off, and never ask stupid questions like this ever again

Learning C teaches types, pointers, memory management, simple abstractions like structs etc.

Learning Java afterwards teaches automatic memory management, objects, references vs pointers, and which situations are useful for either.

Learning Python teaches dynamic typing and the pros and cons that brings.

It's a progression from low level programming to high level programming, introducing newer concepts and higher level abstractions as you go.

Going the opposite direction, from high to low level, is like teaching a kid how to start a fire with lighter fluid, then flint and steel, then finally with just sticks. If they already know how to do it the "easy way", they're not as interested in learning how or why it works "the hard way".

I second C#. It wasn't my first language, but I've been starting to learn it recently and have really been enjoying it

Ruby is extremely easy and versatile. You can use codeacademy for it, it's very hands-on.

use job search site to find out what is used

I'd avoid java because you'll probably end up in a shitty environment
>poo in loos
>JBOSS retardation
>scrolling through thousands of lines of factorybuilders

c# has the next most jobs, less cancer than java

python has no jobs, but is still growing. ML or AI take investment but is a great specialization to have.

javascript has its quirks but isn't terrible, and you can use it full stack.

C++ if you're committed to working with high performance apps like games.

PHP is also a good choice

Agree.

>PHP
>good choice

Wtf mate. You can't in good faith recommend PHP

php's depiction is surprisingly accurate

java and javascript

>What programming language should I learn first and what is a good way to learn said language?
Ruby

C/C++

bash scripting
it's actually useful

Do this if you wanna be a brainlet webdev faggot

javascript tan you have my heart

I learrned Python, i really recommend beginning with Python even though you're probably gonna switch to Java or C# later. Python is perfect for undertanding the logic behind programming and it has dozens of libraries, which are really helpful.

c++