Oldman vs Botnet

Which is the better distro? Also is Canonical the new Microshit?

windows

Gentoo

Aside from that Amazon search that was removed some versions ago, what is botnet about Ubuntu?

> calling debian oldman
> newfag

name 1 disadvantage that debian has compared to ubuntu

How can it be the new micro&soft when the old is still exist?

lesbian

i love lesbians

When a Debian machine runs hot it starts to stink terribly from all the rotten 10 your old source code in it.

lol
now what magic os does NOT run 10 year old code?

None of them. But most aren't completely made out of it.

Why not both distros?

That pink chick's left buttcheek is so fucked up.

Debian is better imo. Debian is probably the sanest and most down-to-earth choice you can make.

> software updates in debian are shipped with 10 year old code
> also new releases are yet another random-mash-up of 10 year old code

do you have a point or are you just Sup Forums-tarding around?

Yes. Debian is shit. Backports make it somewhat usable, but it's still utter refuse compared to non-autistic distros which don't practice the security model of "let's use garbage nobody even remembers existed anymore".

what software? what "garbage nobody even remembers existed anymore"?

Can't run that de. I can't remember its name as aliens kidnapped me and deleted my memory.

I won't comment on which is the better distro, but I'll certainly recommend Ubuntu's installer over Debian's. That turd has caused me more headaches than any other, and I've been around to see some horrible shit.

IT'S STILL A LOLI CODE!

All of it.
>last jessie release had older kernel than a 3 year old LTS bubuntu

Kernel ages like wine or high quality boipucci.

Ayy lmao

most recent release makes use of Linux 4.9

Are the any positives to Canonical?

>Based in UK
>Heavily in debt
>In Microsofts back pocket
>Amazon

I can't think of any benefits. If it wasn't for Canonical I would use Ubuntu.

Ubuntu had ppa and most of focus of developers.
I don't want use random softwares, do you have debian.
Also, ubuntu mate and xubuntu are best niggers of tech.

Debian is superior in every way, it's just a bit more complex to set up at 100%, but nothing out of the ordinary and once everything is ready. It just works, fast and stable, have the specifications that you have

Young men today have no respect. Debian is still great. It's a distro with it's own ways which may seem annoying to Arch crowd. Like being far from upstream and bleeding edge. Latest release is kinda sucks and there is is not a lot of resons to use it instead Ubuntu LTS but I still believe in this distro.

>name 1 disadvantage that debian has compared to ubuntu
you have to plug in to wall to install it because they are SJW communists who are triggered by drivers

what on earth are you talking about? the global necessity of communism? i thought that's why we discussed free software in the first place

I prefer Debian because I think it saner release cycles and defaults.
>stable (ready when it's done) + backports (focused things that tickle in from testing)
>testing (rolling release from unstable)
>unstable (rolling release from upstream)

begone thot

Why is everyone calling Ubuntu "botnet?" I don't understand.

I will always have a soft spot for Debian as it was miles ahead of anything else back in the day, but Ubuntu is really a quality system now. Ubuntu bought Linux from the dark ages and it's not just the desktop, Ubuntu server is also an amazing product.

People shit on Ubuntu because it's the best. I will forever hate Redhat for the systemd abomination.

Install by default non-free softwares. Also, the amazon thing.

Because they believe a testing behaviour from non-LTS Ubuntu is equivalent to chrome and window10 logging all of your actions and sending them home.

95 percent of the people who run Debian (on their PC) will end up installing all the evil media codecs, wifi drivers and proprietary things anyways. I like Linux and I like Firefox and stuff but not for political reasons, i just use the programs. i love my proprietary programs too if they're good

Didn't they stop the amazon shopping lense after everyone (rightfully) complained about it? I'm using Lubuntu. Should I worry about anything?

>I'm using Lubuntu. Should I worry about anything?
you should worry about the lack of searchable menu in your antiquated DE

Non-free software is a checkbox on the installer, not checked by default.

You are talking about the codecs.

Oh no, that's fine. I don't need that. I really like the lightweight DE. Are there any security concerns?

I was just playing Lubuntu is my vm linux of choice

No I'm not. I installed 16.04 on the weekend it didn't even install the nvidia driver.

But the kernel still with non-free blobs.

UR A NON-FREE BLOB!

Based in U.K. so it has do abide by their laws, the whole Amazon thing and they show advertisements in their 'MOTD' which is embedded in the base install.