Why the fuck do people use phones so much...

why the fuck do people use phones so much? i hear the phrase "put ur phone down" a lot and i see a lot of ppl on the phone but i just cant relate. what do they use it for? im on my computer 24/7, why use a phone if you have a computer which is faster and has a larger screen?

they use phones for socializing, they don't need a large screen for it.

because you can't whip out a whole computer from your pocket, use it for a minute (send a few messages, quick google something like a restaurant nearby to eat, read a new thread on Sup Forums to pass the time) and then put it back conveniently, multiple times a day on a mobile data network

>inb4 some retard smugly claims he can with his x220

All this means nothing when we can't even fucking encode VP8 Webums on our phones.

>I'm on my computer 24/7

Maybe it's because normal people go outside? And we can't stick a full computer in our pocket?

I can with my P40

because unlike a laptop, a phone can be used comfortably at any time, any place, at any posture (sitting, standing, laying down, fuck even if you were cave diving and got stuck or some rare shit)

they also tend to do quick tasks a lot faster than a PC due to apps being specifically made for each purpose. Can you even GPS navigate on a laptop without some separate paid program or having to manually enter the address instead of clicking a link?

>comfortably
HAHAHAHAHAAHAH.
This is literraly impossible, for fast checking things yes a smartphone is good but for extended uses its pure cancer.

can do the same thing with my x60

No, but I can stick a computer in my backpack

>Straining your eyes to navigate a minimalist, locked-down, finger-smudged screen
>Comfy

>why the fuck do people use phones so much?
>im on my computer 24/7
kek.

That's what I'm saying though, I'm not saying it's comfortable for actual work. But for the average normie simply browsing, messaging, listening to music, etc is much easier on a phone. OP asked why are people on their phones so much and there's your answer.

>straining your eyes

Sorry not everybody has cataracts, grandpa.

>straining your eyes by trying to read text on a 10yr old laptop

>a lot faster
>Can you even GPS navigate
How the fuck is google maps any slower on a laptop with a GPS module than a phone with a GPS module?

checking social networks, that is literally 99% of what normies do on their phones. Other anons here are claiming its for shit like looking up restaurants and the like, but it is almost always instagram/snapchat/whatever is in vogue now.

>to do quick tasks a lot faster than a PC due to apps

Nice job ignoring the entire premise of my statement. I took the liberty of re-quoting myself for you though.

The whole argument is that you have to put yourself in a normie's shoes. Why would a normie pull out a full laptop just to browse instagram? You also can't use snapchat on a PC. Why would a normie bring their thinkpad just to message people on facebook, WhatsApp and tinder? And navigating is much easier on a phone than on a laptop without looking like an autist.

Basically what said.

if i can be using my pc i just do it, if i cant bc im outside, i use the phone which i use as a pc for my things (not all of them but the essential)

portability

I hate smart phones and I wish touch had never been invented. I hate what they've done to the internet. Casual users are even more pleb now than they actually have to be.
What do you create on a smart phone or tablet? Nothing, you just consume. They don't go home to their computers anymore, they go home to their larger phone (tablet) and watch clickbait videos on YouTube or browse Facebook, going to the huge sites that are all designed around the bigger phone. God I hate this fucking earth. FUCK.

>watch clickbait videos on YouTube or browse Facebook, going to the huge sites that are all designed around the bigger phone.
whats the problem again?

For me it's being a phonefag, playing games and using eBay

Escapism.

The more time you spend on social media the more depressed you become and the more you want to escape life so the more time you spend on social media.

>Can you even GPS navigate on a laptop without some separate paid program

I know a guy who navigated the Sahara desert using a Thinkpad running Arch.

Finding a suitable program was difficult, yes, but he managed in the end. (can't remember what he used though but he had to pre-download shitloads of OSM tiles)

I feel you

These are mostly people who never used a computer to begin with so...