((( Wifi Dongle thread )))

Is Sup Forums using a wifi dongle ?

I'm looking for a powerful wifi dongle and his software allowing to alternate my connection every whatever duration I want.

Any ideas ? Let's talk about !

inb 4 linux related drivers of course...

If you're serious, go to Amazon. Search for "Panda Wireless PAU09 N600 Dual Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wireless N"

That tplink nano dongle.

OMG
I thought the thumbnail was one of those mouse wireless receivers! Because it looks so much like the one my mouse has. I wonder what communication method it uses though. Maybe wifi or Bluetooth or NFC I'm guessing. All in all, it's interesting, lol. Hehe.

literally have an alfa nha w/ the 9dBi antenna in my mailbox outside right now. my mailbox key won't work so i have to wait until tomorrow. feels aggravating man

Whatever you buy, read reviews first.

I got a TP-Link N that supposedly supports up to 150mbps yet it barely gets 45mbps with WPA2 as measured with iperf3 with a router five meters away from my desktop.

Dongles fucking suck, especially the tiny ones.

PCI-E > USB external > USB dongle with antenna > Long USB adapter > tiny USB adapter

Have you considered powerline networking? If that's not an option, I suggest a WiFi bridge (standalone box which connects to the wifi, then you connect to the box with a short ethernet cord).

OP here
well I asked because when I go at the library with my alpha people are looking at me like I was some kindof hacker

I should have explained my situation: I have a laptop under linux, the only way to have a wifi connection is through adaptater, and the big one are just a pain in the ass when you are moving often (bringing my alpha at the university was a thing I'll never do)

that is 15 seconds of my life I'll never get back. please never talk again ever.

>ALFA Network AWUS051NH V2 (Version 2) 2.4/ 5GHz Dual Band USB WiFi Dongle with Detachable RP-SMA Antenna Ralink RT3572 Chipset
>Alfa Network APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 8 / 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector (compare to Asus WL-ANT-157)

>allowing to alternate my connection every whatever duration I want
wut

Not him but you must be fun at parties.
Or I mean within the social aspect of life in general.

Right?

the main reason to get a dongle with an antenna is because you want to replace the antenna with some giant thing to leech wi-fi from a half-mile away.

So did I. You mean what method the mouse receivers use? Either a particular companies RF system or bluetooth. Nearly all cheap ones are RF. (So if you fuck it up, you gotta buy a new set entirely.)

I need a Stallman approved dongle. Anyone know?

>the only way to have
Is it actually an issue or you're just a freetard that would prefer using an external dongle than installing nonfree drivers?

>buy wifi dongle tp link with one antenna and 300mbs i think
>plug it on i7 860 desktop win 7
>system semifreezes
>cant open C: on explorer
>loses connection and regains from a short ammount of time to time
>buy asus n10 dongle
>same happens
>try the asus one on a 4790k build, win 7
>same happens
>try the asus one on a i3 laptop win7 or 8, can't remember
>werks

So frustrating, ended up buying a tp link pci card.

Any idea why this happened? I'm scared of buying another dongle ever again.

PCI-E or don't bother.

Did you try any alternative os?

Could be driver issues.

Good for you

>good for you
It isn't, I use Ethernet because I like having a good connection.

I didn't try linux, but come one, if it works on a laptop using windows, why can't it work on two different builds using windows aswell?

I don't get it, it drove me mad as fuck for a few days and broke my 'tism.

I'm Also, the tp link one worked on an old dell server.

Absolutely maddening.

>It isn't
That's because you suck donkey cock

its either a chink unnamed wifi dongle or go branded ac wifi dongle

there is no need in between just get the cheapest or get a ac

>ac

?

What about just normal PCI?