What are Sup Forums's thoughts on pic related?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

tresorit.com/pricing
google.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is it

That's a pretty nice looking cube.

That's what I was thinking. I know /gd/ would shit on it for a few reasons, but I think it's a refreshing logo in the context of all this superflat-memery. I love those subtle textures. I makes me just want to reach out and grab at, and rub my greasy, grubby hands all over that cube to see how it feels.

tresorit.com/pricing

Built-in end-to-end encryption
Zero-knowledge authentication
100 GB encrypted storage
Secure access on up to 5 devices
Syncing of existing folder structure
Version recovery up to 10 versions
90-day activity history
2-factor authentication

Never trust people with your data.

What do i do then?

self hosting

Too damn expensive.

>service starts at 12.50 EUR/Month/User/1000GB

Looks like a ninefag cube.

It's actually 8€.

$15 initially + fuckall for electricity.
You can use old hdds and do software RAID and btrfs/zfs, for data redundancy.

Some time ago i made that search, it has darn expensinve, i had to buy a domain, install OwnCloud, and have a pc capable of handling all of this.

never heard of it, and now that i have; would never use it

enjoy your data being stolen.
There is no such thing as secure cloud storage.

What is orangePI
What is dynDNS
What is cu.cc (free) or dot.tk (free) or namecheap ($7/yr for a legit domain)

It boils down to wether your time is worth more than your data. And if you want to learn a skill.

Now, do you have a guide on all of that?

Also, what guarantees does that solution give in terms of privacy and security? A orangpi is going to be much more nsa friendly than an encrypted server in switzerland.

google.com

Uses to use them. Now I prefer Nextcloud and Tafoe LAFS.

I used to used it. My biggest problem with it was the slow sync speed. Also, the free version has a very limited number of Tresors. I'm using sync now.

Going to get taken by the feds for CP eventually, like every other service like this. Of course, that assumes that the feds aren't running it themselves.

I registered early so I got a 50GB account.
It's nice to have as an additional backup of the most important stuff, but I'm paranoid so I encrypt everything before uploading.

As good as these services can be, I don't really rely on them, since they can suddenly close, leaving me with no access to my stuff.
Popular services like Dropbox may be worse feature-wise, but at least I have the peace of mind.

Also, why dynDNS? Also, you're missing the most expensive thing, the actual php server.

got a 50gb account too back in the day
i just upload doc files on there.
usually resume templates and writing samples

i like it, but as for all things that need privacy
local and offline is only way to keep that shit private and uncompromised

>advertise end-to-end ecryption
>don't put any other secure remote storage in comparison
Tarsnap might be a little more expensive if you can use full limit on Tresorit, but it's pay-what-you-use, so not that big deal. Deduplication, open-source client, and BSD land loves it (and I'm brainlet enough to not have my own opinion).

closed source AND botnet

>A orangpi is going to be much more nsa friendly than an encrypted server in switzerland.
You got it backwards. Good job, NSA.

What about an argument? How can a linux 1.6Ghz motherboard have any type of security than one with multiple people working on it?

>How can a motherboard installed in my premises and under my physical control have any type of security?
>Better trust hardware not under my control, controlled by multiple people working on it and in a different location, in a jurisdiction which will log any connection data per default for six months minimum (according to swiss law)
>I'll use a service that will cause NSA to not just snoop at metadata traffic but at traffic too (if US citizen) since I'm syncing with a foreign server and various Amendments won't apply any more; if not US citizen, I'll just hit all sorts of wiretaps NSA has in place because I like NSA so much
>Oh hi hello? moshi moshi? security depends on the jiggahertz of my Intel® processor now
>If you decentralize you'll lose security
Are you even trying

And going too hard on this, i'm actually asking more than making an argument, i just don't what is there to stop someone invading my personal cloud, also, are you the guy that made this post?