Intel i9-7980XE benchmarks leaked by chinks

Intel i9-7980XE benchmarks leaked by chinks.

>$1000 USD more for 23% more performance than Threadripper

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/120490/Intel-Xeon-Gold-6150-Processor-24_75M-Cache-2_70-GHz
servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7351p-single-socket-cpu-linux-benchmarks-and-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=fR27lsfRKa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not posting i11 jewmarks in 5777

dude you are deluding here

People who are buying that processor won't care. Those levels are bragging rights levels, they just want the best of the best no matter how much they cost.

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

actually manages to pull off 37% more in Cinebench, but the chink who ran it said it boosted all cores to 4.2ghz to do it, and did that in no other application.

So yeah they'll have the performance dick back but at what cost?

>at what cost
Price.
It competes with 7551p, which will snap it in half.

Yeah, so they can burn down their house while gaining epeen points simultaneously.

>he chink who ran it said it boosted all cores to 4.2ghz to do it, and did that in no other application.

AHAHAHAHA holy shit, does the comedy ever stop? I can't wait for actual reviews to notice this. At it's stock 3.4 GHz all core turbo, it should only be getting ~3380.

how did he manage to tame the beast when the 10 core would throttle even with compressor cooler?

inb4 he delidded just to benchmark

>not delidding and cooling with ln2
kek, enjoy being poor pajeet

>4.2ghz
Did they learn nothing. It's going to use more at stock than the oc'd 1950x. I really want to see some longer lasting render tests on these hedt i9s and TR to see what the actual performance is outside of boot modes, maybe running them in actual cases to simulate normal usage scenarios.

That's the thing with the i9 chips, intel has taken the brakes off and let them all core turbo to retard levels, it gets the wins in performance benchmarks so they don't care.

It's just better binning per die. And also twice the cost as a result.

considering these are xeon rejects I wouldn't expect every single piece to be performing this good.

>That's the thing with the i9 chips, intel has taken the brakes off and let them all core turbo to retard levels, it gets the wins in performance benchmarks so they don't care.
It's only because CB can be completed in a few seconds, which is enough time to run at retarded all core turbo and still finish before the CPU/mobo explodes in flames.

intel doesn't do 4.2GHz all core turbo on that thing not even in dreams, the chinese obviously overclocked that thing

So they would be buying a 32 core Epyc 7551P, then?

b-but muh games
i-intel is our g-greatest ally

well, it's natural that the 7980xe will to better in gaymes, especially with turbo boopft 3.0 when it clocks the few select cores to high heavens and beyond. The question is for how long can it achieve such short high-frequency bursts without throttling.
Any clever person who's not about gaming will get the EPYC instead, clearly better value there.

on only two cores it can keep up constantly as far as we know, but all core turbo is literally dogshit if we go by the xeon this will be based on
ark.intel.com/products/120490/Intel-Xeon-Gold-6150-Processor-24_75M-Cache-2_70-GHz
the base/all core boost is probably 200mhz higher than the xeon

61xx are XCC chops, i.e. more powerhungry in themselves.

N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DELETE THIS NOW GOYIM!

ILL HAVE MY BOYS SUE YOU FOR SLANDER!

>servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7351p-single-socket-cpu-linux-benchmarks-and-review/
And the shoah continues.

fuck off joao

>So they would be buying a 32 core Epyc 7551P, then?
AMD refuses to sell unlocked epycs for workstation users so they're pointless due to 2ghz clock speed. If the 18 core intel can hit 4ghz with proper cooling the majority of people building workstations will buy it. With this CPU intel still has the fastest single CPU option by around perhaps 30% or so. AMD could have easily released a work station variant of epyc but they're too stupid to do it.

The only things faster will be 2P xeon and 2p epyc systems but the price difference is about $6000 for not a huge gain in performance. The $2000 price isn't really enough to deter people from buying it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fR27lsfRKa8
video showing the turbo

I feel AMD could easily make a tr 1980x with 20C40T and completely btfo this thing

DELID THIS

Really want to see how long it can last under 4.2 GHz now, we need some benchmarks with full 3D movies being rendered.

It's probably not all that different to models with less cores, you will likely find memory controllers and various uncore systems consume much of the energy so adding 8 more cores doesn't mean 80% more power and heat. I think they also use a different die for the 14+ core models, I would not be surprised if they put more effort into the high end server die and it performs better in general.

>still 44 lanes PCIe
>max 128GB RAM supported
>twice the price

This cracks me up,

> kernel compiles per hour

like it's so important to be able to compile the kernel 10 times per hour unless you're a kernel developer.

I know it's a valid benchmark. And I know it applies to compiling in general. It still makes me laugh every time. "Hey babe, check this out, I can compile the Linux kernel 10 times per hour! Want to make out?"

Check the other benchmarks if it triggers you that much, they all look similar anyways.

Honestly that graph is probably pretty useful info for Gentoo users.

>he don't compile kernel at least 100 times a day
weak

>this entire post

If your workload scales to n cores that justifies these HCC i9's then it also scales well into the core counts that xeons and epyc offer and such chips will CRUSH an i9 even with the clock defeceit.

Yea but can this run Ark: Survival Evolved max settings?

No?

then its shit.

It probably can with the individual core clock scaling.

Post power consumption

>18 cores
>jizz tim
>overclock
9001W
Intel's secret goal is to incinerate the whole planet.

You could mine \w 15 GPUs and use same power as this CPU.

DELID DIS

You know Intel can fuck AMD anytime they wanted. 7980XE was just a test. kek

Meanwhile EBYN is crushing the Xeon.

>but it costs.
not an argument since not everyone is a poorfaggot.

>richfags paying 2000 dollars for a CPU
As a former richfag, that's pure poorfag thinking.
That's cash that could be used to buy stock, option out your car, get a nice jewel for the missus, or just put in a damn saving account or buy gold for the next time the market crashes. My family got rich off IT during the netboom and even we never spent anywhere near this much on our PCs, we had our own fucking yacht and owned buildings instead.
Richfags don't get rich off of wasting their money.

But you bought a fucking yacht - the biggest waste of money ever.

>overclocked to hell results
>compressor loop
BASED CHINESE DOG EATER

>owning a movable island that can move you to high sea where you only have to abide to international laws
>the biggest waste of money ever
Wanna find out how I know that you are poor and will never amount to anything? Click here! >>>/reddit/

You are not clocking 18 Intel cores to 4ghz without melting your system. People couldn't get 4ghz stable for more than 1 bench run using a fucking industrial chiller.