HYPERLOOP totally and utterly BTFO

New Thunderf00t video on Hyperloop is out. He actually went to CA to see it in person.

Hyperloop == totally BTFO
Elon Musk == totally BTFO
LinusTechShills == totally BTFO (he actually mocks this retarded high school dropout many times throughout the video!)

youtube.com/watch?v=ktO6IvLT2eg

Musk dicksuckers on a suicide watch!
Linus dicksuckers on a suicide watch!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
youtube.com/watch?v=DDwe2M-LDZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wQXqeWKY2Fc
hyperloop-one.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everyone that isn't a retard already knew Hyperloop was a scam.

>hyperloop a new unproven technology that will 100% chance hit snags in the road
>"hahahaha, look it didn't work. The entire technology is a failure and all progress before that was a waste of time. Fuck Musk for trying to improve society"

>elon "give me tax dollars cause i'm a balding fucking faggot" musk

Did they seriously make the test track that big?
Please tell me they've made smaller models work before.

I think I caught autism through my screen listening to that guy

Look at his channel. He has a 2 part video on actually debunking Hyperloop and explains why it will never work. It caused a huge amount of butthurt from retarded Musk fanboys.

This is just a fallowup video since he went to see it in person. Watch the other 2 vids for actual detailed science.

Da fuq Elon...

Better going to him than on shitty healthcare

>giving money to super-rich so they can spend it on high-priced whores like Amber Heard
kek'd. fucking cuck

You must be the most retarded faggot ever.

Yeah lets trust a YouTube fag instead of the hundred scientists that are working on it.

It will succeed. And you will always be an autistic faggot.

>this is the power of American tax dollars

wew

My statement still stands. Better than giving it to poor people who will just buy drugs with it

Let me get this straight...

>Eight minutes of "haha there's rust!"
>Three minutes of shitty editing inserting material about maglev trains running in atmosphere in some "transport of the future" program, which somehow debunks Elons claims about a train in near vacuum being a "first ever".
>Another few minutes of "It gets warmer on the top than on the bottom, the thermal buckling will make it impossible to build" even though it seems to be no issue for pipelines.
>Conclusion: This tech trial that they built didn't perform exactly as the finished product would, they should just scrap the entire project

This constitutes "totally BTFO" according to you OP?

This faggot sells snake oil

>Yeah lets trust a YouTube fag instead of the hundred scientists that are working on it.
you sound retarded. stay in school kiddo. and list some of these scientists who think Hyperloop is a good idea.

>muh taxes

I love how the best argument for this is that a tesla can be purchased with electric car rebates.

Who is this youtube guy and why is his view valid over hundreds of engineers from around the world?

Is this guy a genius or a complete retard?

Donald Trump, among others.

>Is this guy a genius or a complete retard?

based on other vids I've seen, he is just another 'skeptic'

>This constitutes "totally BTFO" according to you OP?
Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
youtube.com/watch?v=DDwe2M-LDZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wQXqeWKY2Fc

you said scientists. keep on digging that hole, retarded Musk cocksucker.

>thermal effects
Pretty sure there are a number of ways that you could solve that, and that seemed like the biggest concern to me. For example, helically wound piping with solar powered pumps could evenly distribute the heating prevent buckling while distributed flexible rubber gaskets would absorb the axial expansion and contraction.

Thunderf00t just sounds asspained, I don't even have an emotional investment in this shit.

He attacks low hanging fruit. Hey look this shit concept is just another low hanging fruit, but wait. This is Elon Musk the self made billionaire without any government assistance.

His video on the fontus self-filling water bottle made me realize how god fucking awful the science community is. That piece of shit scam got backed by several universites.

And really, they spent how many millions of dollars to build that test tube and its in that shape already? They're not taking it serious at all.

is there a chance the pipe could bend?

A double walled tube would be best, and could help mitigate the effects of a puncture while you are at it.

>without any government assistance
Yeah, Tesla sure does get by with no assistance.

i dont get it, is the guy calling it a major fail because it is rusting? is that it? has he ever built or even saw a concrete house being built? can he calculate how long would it take for the surface rust to begin to affect the structure? jesus christ...
for the record, the doors of the tube, if you can call them that, worry me much more than everything else

Are the two last videos of the same quality as the one in the OP and the first one in that post? I've watched about half of the first one before it became too unbearable. He takes 10 min to make a point he could do in 30 seconds and most of the time his "points" are either wrong or completely irrelevant.

Find me a source that isn't this youtuber. Otherwise I'm going to assume you are him, and hope you will take some of the criticism outlined above to heart.

Not on your life my anonymous friend.

It's a tech demonstrator meant to be used once. Why would they spend yet more money to prevent it from deteriorating after it is used? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Elon Musk owns a car company.

This is a smoke screen to make cities and states delay investment in public transportation infrastructure, promising some technological panacea (i.e. Hyperloop) that will never arrive.

Didn't even think of that, but yeah, that's another possible solution.

I still can't believe he thinks that thermal buckling can't be solved.

gb2/shelbyville/

Thunderfoot is also a research scientist, if we're measuring each others' dicks. But that doesn't matter, if Hyperloop is a viable technology then you should be able to respond to all of the different problems brought up by Thunderfoot.

>dat immense butthurt when confronted with truth
how does it feel to have your idols destroyed?

oh and $10 million for that shit is a total rip off, its just mild steel and concrete, even train tracks are more complicated than that and dont cost nearly as much...

While it us true that making sense on 4 chan is optional, I wish you'd tried.

Reminder that most people claiming that the hyperloop is a success are people being paid to do so. Don't fall for their memes.

Sigh...

Lemme give it a try
>muh infancy
>muh appeal to authority
>muh elon musk

it pretty much does. You think people buying ~$100K cars care about the few thousand dollar government rebate?

>Tesla sure does get by with no assistance.

More than any other auto maker in the US?

I honestly can't take someone with this amount of shitty genetics seriously. Sorry OP.

Touche.

thunderf00t is a click bait faggot who leeches off the fame of his colleagues

I'm an engineer with a graduate degree and have always known Elon to be a clown ass who co-opts other people's work, puts spit shine on it, and calls it innovation.

I am aware of maglev trains around the world and maglev tech. I trust the engineers who have already developed it and have fully functional commercial solutions that don't require costly ass gimmicky prone to failure and expensive ass tubing systems. Have you ever operated vacuum equipment in a lab much less something that fits a car in it over thousands of miles? Its expensive and delicate. Its prone to leaks and requires expensive air filtering equipment that is costly to maintain.

I'm guessing you never knew of maglev trains that can already reach speeds of up to 375mph w/o gimmicky tubes. I'm guessing you thought all of the jackasses who asembled at the funding tit actually are inventing something new.

What's funny is that the countries that have actually implemented this tech offered their services and even completed solutions but, due to brainlet faggots like you, were turned down. You must be a retard whose projecting their lack of intelligence on a real engineer who thinks engineers/scientist who work at shit head companies are magical.

Maglev has already succeeded. Putting an expensive steel condom around it, sucking all the air out through expensive vacuum equipment and air filtration, and being dependent on such conditions is a good gimmick. Real men beat raw w/ a strong cock and a trusted track (vagina) : (Maglev trains built on solid proven engineering ex-gimmicky ultra-thin condoms that are prone to failure when smashing roasties at high speeds : (shit tier half witted tracks).

So brainlet normie and/or shit tier engineer, now that you've outed yourself, you can go right back to sucking the cock of some of the most shit tier engineering companies on earth.

Yeah but do you really think Elon musk would just throw away his billionaire welfare status on bullshit? Think again mr "graduate degree"

>Maglev has already succeeded. Putting an expensive steel condom around it, sucking all the air out through expensive vacuum equipment and air filtration, and being dependent on such conditions is a good gimmick. Real men beat raw w/ a strong cock and a trusted track (vagina) : (Maglev trains built on solid proven engineering ex-gimmicky ultra-thin condoms that are prone to failure when smashing roasties at high speeds : (shit tier half witted tracks).

wtf user

looks like a thinner high pitch eric

>I'm an engineer with a graduate degree and have always known Elon to be a clown ass who co-opts other people's work, puts spit shine on it, and calls it innovation.
THIS, so much this! Hyperloop isn't even his invention. It was proposed decades ago but it was abandoned as unviable at that time.

It's still not a viable engineering project.

It never will be.

Have you published in Nature? He has.

Okay let's discuss the video then.
>rust
Surface rust has accumulated over the past year when it has been sitting outside. How could this be remedied? Why, by painting the inside like they did the outside, of course. Why wasn't it done? Cost saving I'm guessing.

>thermal expansion
The pipe is heated by sunlight. Mount a shading shield around it, with air circulation in between, and the problem is solved.

That's about all he managed to produce as far as "problems" go, despite having a 21 minute long video.

Most of Musk's wealth is from Tesla stock.

If it only takes a few dozen million to build a toy test track to convince cities and states to stop investing in public infrastructure, forcing people keep buying cars, that's more than worth it for Musk.

>abandoned as unviable at that time
So were electric cars when they were invented.

Times change.

>It was proposed decades ago but it was abandoned as unviable at that time.

I'm pretty sure I once read about a late 1800s proposal for a train in a floating tube across the atlantic that was supposed to be a partial vacuum.

Find me the engineering specs or even a picture of the equipment that creates the vacuum and filters the air in the tubes and I'll get to the heart of why this is bullshit engineering ... the same as is Elon's re-entrant rocket gimmick at space-X which will prove in a short number of runs that the cost of inspecting, fixing, and maintaining a re-entrant first stage rocket + the cost of the additional fuel needed superseeds the cost of scrapping simpler first stage tubes.

This faggot pulls the same gimmick from one company to the next : > Takes a proven engineering technology
> Adds spit shine and polish and unachievable engineering promises
> Creates some shit tier business plan as to how it will lead to profits many years beyond the financial viability of the funding up until then
> Balance sheet in the red
> Borrows more money on more hollow promises
> repeat

Tesla
Space-X
Hollow-loop
The bullshit company
Muh neural linkage (infection in a vital organ w/o an immune system, neural scaring)
etc

Only dumb fucks buy this moron's propaganda. Anyone who cackles over these companies is either a shit tier engineer, a normie moron, or both.

I'll wait for the details you can find on the vacuum system ....

no its ok u already had it

Yep, let's just stop trying to innovate now. Materials science and sealants were exactly the same 50 years ago when they proposed something like the hyperloop. We've already invented everything that needs inventing, someone stop Elon from thinking please!

>the same as is Elon's re-entrant rocket gimmick at space-X which will prove in a short number of runs that the cost of inspecting, fixing, and maintaining a re-entrant first stage rocket + the cost of the additional fuel needed superseeds the cost of scrapping simpler first stage tubes.

Hahahahahahahahaha

God, I hate this insufferable know-it-all brainlet.

Thunderf00t's objections are mostly based on misunderstandings of fluid dynamics and the hyperloop design. It's almost impressive -- he's singlehandedly founded a whole raft of hyperloop engineering myths with one "controversial" video.

There would be no sonic "shock wave" killing everyone in the tube in the event of a breach. Viscous drag on the tube walls would reduce the flow velocity to highway speed in only a couple km. The wave front spreads out, becoming a gradual pressure rise.

The entire tube would be designed for rapid repressurization (under 60 seconds). The cars can easily stop in 15-20 seconds since the passengers are strapped in and possibly in seats facing backward to arrest braking forces.

Expansion joints are easily accommodated at the end stations, and the slight leaks from the sliding interfaces are compensated by mechanical pumps (easy to maintain 1/1000th of an atmosphere, damn near impossible to maintain 1/1000000 of an atmosphere for true vac trains given the linear decrease in vacuum pumping mass flow at low pressures and the need for turbomolucular pumps and/or cryopumps at those pressures).

There's a great need for pumping near the end stations anyway due to residual air entering around the pod in the airlock. They'll pump down the majority of the pressure of course, but due to the exponential drop in pumping speed over time it makes little sense to make passengers wait a long time and pump it down to the exact same pressure when they can cut it off early and just let the tube pumps make it up. Even on the space station (where air is very expensive) they only pump the airlock down part-way and vent the remaining residual atmosphere so the astronauts (whose time is also expensive) don't have to wait.

>frogposter
>asking to be spoonfed specs of something that is no doubt a huge company secret if it has even been designed yet
>calling people normie morons

Checks out.

Glad someone mention the kind of sideshow bullshit Elon musk pulls to ensure the viability of his current investments. This is another one of his signature cons that he pulls to strengthen his existing portfolio.

Comments are fucking gold! GOLD, JERRY, GOLD!

>surprised about youtube comments

mixed metaphors

LMFAO, ever good con man throws his hat in so others will too. Where the fuck have you been for your whole life?

> See, I put my money on the line ($10). Won't you to?
* Gets 100 dumbass normies to throw in 10.
Only put in 10/1010 shekels... Gets 1000 shekels

Not to mention the sideshow trick whereby he creates this stupid ass shit to ensure the money doesn't go to legitimate working maglev solutions to connect cities thus making his EV company obsolete... Then goes off w/ boring company trying to get shekels for tubes for his EVs. Elon has no money invested in hyperloop, he seeded the gold rush ideas w/ a shit tier idea and its running on its own... This is how slimeball businessman work : They'll kick-start an idea they know wont work in order to tank their competition.

You dumb cuck.

>surprised about Sup Forums comments

Yes. You get it.
The state of the U.S when this charitan fuck face can convince people with gimmicks that can be disproved within minutes of critical thinking and/or googling.

Electric cars are still far more toxic to the environment than gas vehicles as they require a shit ton of rare earth minerals to be mined which absolutely decimate the environment they are extracted from. Not to mention where exactly they get powered from : coal and other toxic power plants.

Transportation efficiency was solved many decades ago : it's called mass trans-portion dummy. Times may change but the truth doesn't.

Thank you for the precious bread user. I've been able to survey a good number of his slimeball techniques but just now realized this one now that you mentoned it.

>thunderfag
>look at me I'm smart lol I have a degree that makes me qualified to speak on behalf of all field of science

Let me guess, 40% of the video is him constantly replaying the same clip over and over again with no new context to it and the rest is poorly voiced over crap that will make me sleep

Hyperloop is still in the works, they are conducting tests with various universities. It's a prototype what do you expect. The money got into is spended on R&D en FTE(phd etc) which costs money. I don't like Elon Musk either, but at least he is doing these kind of innovative projects.

Lets stop trusting charlatan faggots who all look and talk the same to lead us into an innovative future that real engineers/scientist have already laid the ground work for.

Material Science has improved substantially. Shithead applied engineering hasn't. You learn something if you were awake at university and in real life. Visionary scientists make a fundamental discovery.. Several other scientists expand on it. Engineers come along and engineer based on it. Charlatans market bullshit to best attract shekels.

The Scientist are the ones who should get the most air time. After that the engineers. Least of all should be some cackling fuckface who masks the real engineering/science and packages it up into some whymsical bullshit for shekels. Yet, we have a society that puts the cackling fuckfaces in the spotlight and the engineers and scientists in the shadows. We live in a world in which some spaghetti head can win over the masses with hand waving bullshit even when actual scientist/engineers/and even companies have already produced viable commercial technology. We live in a world in which a faggot can cause one of the world's most prosperous nations to go on a a fucking easter egg hunt of wheel re-invention w/o no sound engineering or scientific papers backing his assertions. We live on a world in which people have no clue that the sun's cycles, the earth's magnetic field, and other dynamic properties beyond our control go through cyclical events that change the climate. We live in a world of fucking idiots who have stopped thinking and thus attach themselves to whatever shit pushing moron convinces them the best. A lot has been invented already. It's not like you or any of the other idiot masses have ever read a fundamental white paper or engineer doc to know what exists. We invented maglev trains decades ago. They are in service. A vacuum tube is a stupid fucking idea based on economics.

Why do bottomfeeders like you think that criticism means anti-progress?

If it's not more efficient, it doesn't get to replace older models, end of story. If it's more efficient, then it will replace older models.

No one is asking to not make things more efficient.

I don't get it, why is this faggot treating it like it's a finished product? "Hurr they padded it here", like he thinks the real thing would be exactly the same and no extra precautions would be taken if they knew they aren't just shooting blanks on a very early demonstration? Hyperloop may be a scam but this fag's "lol gotcha" tone is retarded as fuck.
Also why the fuck are you burgers giving degrees to people that don't know the difference between its and it's?

I don't hold credence to the idea that Musk is validating EVs with this

This is more competing against planes than cars I think

Apollo had 10 missions before they got to the moon and the early ones were pretty spectacular failures.

Hahahaha LinusCuckTips got roasted by Thunderf00t

Its not a scam its a recruitment tool for space-x.

SpaceX has already gone on record saying that reusing them is cheaper and now they've done it twice and their next launch is another one I'm inclined to agree

You sound jealous, frogposter.

>10 missions before they got to the moon

I dont even know what b8 is anymore

This meme again? Lithium 'mining' if it could even be called that doesn't damage the environment at all

Hyperloop® Bringing all the dangers of space travel to the surface™

it scares me how so many self described smart people fall for Musky man pipe dreams.

Eurocucks don't even know about DARPA

>brain implants for cybernetic limbs
>HACMS nearly hacproof system on Github
>Z-man
>Exoskeletons
>Forcecurtain projectors that detonate ordinance before impact
>Mach 5 capable drones

The hyperlink is a child's toy.

>even though it seems to be no issue for pipelines.
Pipelines are filled with a liquid that transfers and equalizes the temperature, but more simply the pipes become the temperature of the liquid or gas inside them equally over the whole length. But they do have expansion loops all over. Pic related.

The hyper loop is adding a vacuum chamber to a maglev train. As if the problem with maglev trains was the air resistance rather than the construction cost. So the hyperloop solves the non problem of maglev trains by making their current problem 5 times larger and makes the whole system massively more dangerous.

>New Thunderf00t video
stopped reading there

The idea was doomed from the start.

Instead, we should focus on improving the time-based quality of self-driving cars, and possibly allowing higher speed limits as a result. Almost like the Autobahn within Germany, but with much more branches to high-population areas.

Why does it say "SpaceX" instead of "Hyperloop"?

The Hyperloop One team is in full swing and Elon Musk is not an investor or involved with them.

hyperloop-one.com/

>Why does it say "SpaceX" instead of "Hyperloop"?
because that's what it's called, autist.

>This meme again? Lithium 'mining' if it could even be called that doesn't damage the environment at all

No change at all to the natural environment. No toxic heavy metals leaking into the soil here.

ITS JUST SOME FUCKING SURFACE RUST HOLY FUCKING SHIT

This guy is a fucking idiot.

Also, pipelines constantly leak.

I'm not talking about accidents that make it on to news.

They leak a little bit here and there everywhere and that's within the design allowance.

>Also, pipelines constantly leak.
No, they don't because small leaks grow into large leaks. Or rather gas and oil pipelines don't leak unless they are damaged.

Let's say it will work. Let's say they https a 1000 miles long vacuum pipe and it will work as they intended. What stops the sandniggers, or basically anyone to walk up to the tube and shot it with a gun, or even throw a large rock on it? Or fly a drone into it that has an explosive charge?

He forgot the part where linus mentions all the engineering challenges and how it's probably not really viable.

The money spent on this project could improve humanity.

Part and parcel of living in a modern world.

The hyperloop isn't a mag lev train, it's supposed to compress the remaining air so it rides on a cushion of it or something