Why don't people make webpages anymore?

Like this:
sandy-travels.com/
(view in Chrome or edge for the beautiful music)

What happened to this quirky old style of website? Is it strange that I prefer this over the polished, sterile sites of today?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebestmotherfucking.website/
guns.world/en/
world.guns.ru/
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
wiby.me
motherfuckingwebsite.com/
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
evenbettermotherfucking.website/
bestmotherfucking.website/
vanilla-js.com/
w3schools.com/html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because its not a trend anymore, normies love pages to be just not creative and do its purpose, get information or fun, noone really makes much anymore you can buy a webpage and make it yours like 5 bucks and have it rendered to a shit look instantly.

Because that looks terrible

everything is now blogs and instagrams.

What are you even trying to say? That normal people prefer websites that are interactive in unnecessary ways? By that logic, OP's pic is really the prototypical version of that, with useless decorations, form over function, and music that autoplays.

Here's an example of a website that won't fall out of trend, because it achieves the maximum amount of efficiency for its purpose:

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

OP's page was written in simple HTML, yet it emanates a piece of the authors soul. Hard to describe, but I know what he's getting at.

Check out Japanese sites.
They're still written like that.
I mean, I encountered a whole author's Adult Fiction site written like that and it was beautiful.

>unironically uses edge
But I agree with your point. The trend right now is minimalist design with a bloated javascript framework. It's pretentious and shitty.

They still use windows 2000 there in nippon

What do the Google ads tell you about this man's soul, user?

Makes it difficult to datamine and serve ads via javascript.

He probably gets traffic because the site was listed on DMOZ. Nothing wrong with capitalizing on that. Websites do cost money to keep alive.

This

I don't know, but it pisses me off when sites get redone to a newer style. Here's a perfect example because both the old and new version of the site are up at the same time:
guns.world/en/
world.guns.ru/

The new site theme is just so plain compared to the old one.

I prefer this over the script-heavy ad-filled trash of today as well.

There are only a hand full of offsets when you use purehtml (last checked as of html3/4).
If you use js you can get better drawing.
BUT if youre using js you might aswell rice the shit out of it.

everything has moved to the generic, mobile-friendly templates. most people don't want to take the time to design a decent desktop site in addition to a mobile one.

They disappeared over a decade ago along with geocities, man.

Those were the days. I still have my web 1.0 pages from 2002

>all the color sucked out of the page with that black and white theme
>that slightly different colored background for where the text actually is is gone and is now the same color as the rest of the background
>pointless margins added on the left and increased size of the margins on the right that reduce the size of the actual articles about the guns and add more white space
>size of text is actually decreased, but the text still ends up taking up more vertical space because of increased margins
>text for the list of guns increased in size and the spacing is increased as well, making it take up 50% more space and take significantly longer to scroll through to find what you're looking for
This should be a fucking crime.

I'm legitimately curious as to why that is. Anyone know?

take your autism to the next level
make a web 1.0 page and serve it with ipfs

God almighty, does this app even use a redux store?

neocities.org is the new meme for this

you can also host your trendy 90s website yourself or try one of these:
geocities.ws
byet.host
txti
github pages

idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm

Geocities still exists in Japan.

wiby.me

>When you try to read an article and things keep popping in and fucking up your scrolling
javascript was a mistake

Old anime games work better on old hardware and os

You know, you can use a bit of html and css and keep webpages leightweight without making then look 20y old.
Just because you put effort into the looks of your site doesn't mean its automaticly bloated. I don't use shit like jquery or some css framework and my sited still barely get bigger than 150kb.

motherfuckingwebsite.com/
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
evenbettermotherfucking.website/
bestmotherfucking.website/

vanilla-js.com/

An user on /jp/ explained it one time. Basically, the Japanese tend to have a frugal mindset where they try to make electronics last as long as possible. When something breaks, their first thought will usually be to have it repaired, not to replace it with a newer model. This is why you'll often see people in that country with machines from the late 90s / early 2000s that are still running versions of Windows from that era.

90% of neocities meme pages look like this ( with lain plastered everyway)
You can do plain HTML sites that look rather good and have a purpose.

If this already isn't a hipster trend like A E S T E T H I C S , It will be very soon,
Then you all will bitch about it

I'll bitch about it no matter what because hipsters don't actually design pages, they throw them through some web page producing software that always regurgitates the same javascript laden shit, only varying on the most superficial level depending on the latest trend.

I want to make one just for fun
From scratch, not this prebuilt shit
How I do it?

mine is powered by notepad.exe

w3schools.com/html/

Because:

Only visitors will be bots.
The people that will actually visit will rip your content.
Bandwidth ridiculous pricing.
Hosting is censoring what you can and can not host.
ISP not allowing hosting sites from home network.

But "modern" still ends up being objectively worse, even if they don't add a ton of heavy JS. See:

>jQuery

One is mobile optimized, one isn't.
Hate on phones all you want but that outdated layout doesn't work on smaller screens.

Use Notepad++ or other text editors based on it. It features tabs (like a web browser) and even color codes the text so it's easier.

I used it to make pic related (it's not on the web yet) for over a year.

user, can you read my mind? I'm in a process of creating a website like yours only using HTML and CSS.

Mine is only simple HTML. No CSS or JavaScript.