Triplebyte releases hiring statistics

>triplebyte releases hiring statistics
>Eclipse users 40% less likely to get hired
>pajeet btfo

Good one, Mike and Daniel! Do I dare say it? Is triplebyte /ourguys/?

triplebyte.com/blog/technical-interview-performance-by-editor-os-language

Other urls found in this thread:

triplebyte.com/diversity
jetbrains.com/idea/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw use VIM but feel super self-conscious about my use (or non-use) of shortcuts

Honestly I would prefer to use something like sublime in an interview just to avoid this kind of prejudgment.

Is vim really that popular?

All the normies and Pajeets at work use Eclipse or Intellij.

You're white though. You'd be fine. The editor is just a proxy for race.

Indians use Eclipse.

Eclipse users don't get the jobs.

They even have a page about how diverse they are, in case any Indians start to figure out the discrimination thing.

triplebyte.com/diversity

I wonder how sublimefags fare

>tfw emacs with vim bindings

I'm surprised that c didn't even make it to the list
given that most of their interviewees were hsing python, it makes sense that eclipse users don't pass as much

>tries to uninstall eclipse because I am using idea
>can't
wtf?
>dude you just need to remove the eclipse folder lma
>delete eclipse folder
>ctrl+f eclipse
>10 relevant results
fuck this shit

>t. brainlet winblows user

I have both linux and windows systems for now

>Interview was done on a Mac

Don't most engineers deal with all three in their daily lives?

Eclipse is fucking horrendous though.

Intellij > Visual studio = Netbeans ≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Text editors > liver cancer > Eclipse

elaborate

Welp, time for me to get a Mac

Wait why is MacOS in that good position for even their partners...

I'm an analytical mind, I don't bend with the memes.... but should I install Hackintosh and work from it from now on and eventually migrate to mac hardware too? What are the actual benefits for a developer on that platform?

>tfw unironically code java on eclipse in windows

Nothing.

It's slow as shit, watchdog has persistent memory leaks, don't get me started on Xcode.

Why the fuck do pajeets use bloated tools in general for trivial work, not only Eclipse?

>analytical mind
>doesn't bend with the memes

Linux BTFO

>it's just a proxy
>can hardly believe that
But yeah you're absolutely right.

>Wanting people on Mac OS

Yeah no

It's culturally dominant to let others work for you. They don't do proper work in any situation so doing the cost benefit analysis comes down to measuring what's really big/what claims the most features.
Also worth noting that pajeets couldn't afford professional licenses for most of their tools so they pick completely free tools. Eclipse being one of the biggest completely free tools, claims the most features and it has become culturally dominant in India.
Source:
I work with Indians who don't know how to add their project files to .gitignore.
My guess is that in a preference between windows and Mac there's language bias. Look at the language preference.
>but macs/windows can do any of these just fine
Yes but you'll find that people who do ruby often work on Macs. People who do C++ often work on windows, Linux or all three.

>tfw writing Java in vim
I am God and Satan.

>I'm an analytical mind, I don't bend with the memes.... but should I
Birth of Pasta

Mac is just comfier than anything else

xcode 9 is bretty comfy, but yeah 7, and 8 were huge steaming piles

>tfw bipolar
My workflow is usually
Draft structure in IntelliJ > actual writing of code in vim > debug with IntelliJ > final fixes in vim/on mobile in train

Intellij is better than Visual studio which is on par with Netbeans which is waaaay better than Text editors which are still better than liver cancer which are so bad that the only thing worse is Eclipse.

>Wait why is MacOS in that good position
Because pajeets can't afford macs and brought the average down for linux.

XD

>liver cancer
alcoholic detected

Tfw you should you should be using the right tool for the job

i think that it's because in non-IDE editors you have less powerful autocomplete so these users are not hand-holded as much

Open source tho? Vim I guess? Horrible for large projects tho

Intellij community is open source

How is it different to pure intellij?

jetbrains.com/idea/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html

wtf I like ruby now

if pajeet is an MS developer, how can he use eclipse?

more like corporate murican dev BTFO

The good goyim buy IntelliJew© Ultimate™

I'll use what ever is put in front of me, never understood why you have to bind yourself to a single product.

no it wasn't. windows users are really that incompetent

no. most engineers deal with macos (work machine) and linux (servers). they have no reason to touch windows

Why should I care what these retards think? Interviewers opinions are just as shit as everyone else's

>I'm an analytical mind, I don't bend with the memes

>This is good, this is bad
>Tell me why
>This is really good, this is really bad
Dude...

>muh vim can't be used in pro environments
hehe

Its a proxy for class. Rich people use macs. Poor but good people use linux. Normies use windows.

2bh Netbeans has really nice text editor and is really nice when you develop Java EE applications. I use Eclipse at work and it fucking suck ass.

Anyway if you use maven or similar tool for your language, IDE/Text editor doesn't matter anyway

The other 60% are netbeans java developers.

Sup Forums BTFO