Am I the only one who's gonna miss Unity?

Am I the only one who's gonna miss Unity?

Other urls found in this thread:

webupd8.org/2011/11/install-gnome-shell-global-menu-in.html?m=1
github.com/p-e-w/plotinus
github.com/ubuntu-mate/mate-hud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

Yes.

Si.

Nah.

Hai.

>Likes Unity
>Uses Discord
It checks out. Seriously, Unity was a solution to a problem that didn't really exist.

Of course I use Discord. How else will I chat with the subreddits I'm subscribed to

Is this the part where you try to save face from the embarrassment of a failed thread and try to play it off like it was all a troll?

Probably but gnome 3 is shit too.
Ubuntu Mate is the best option

UBANGO!

you are correct

Its literally just Gnome with bloat

I've come to terms with myself by simply realizing... Unity wasn't all it was cut out to be. Good idea, but Canonical doesn't give a fuck about shit. Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Phone, Ubuntu Time, and so on so forth. Unity was a good idea that was poorly implemented. They wanted to be Apple when they were only Canonical and that's why it's dead. Personally I think moving to Gnome was a good decision.

No. I'll miss it too. MATE will have a unity mode though. I guess I'll go to that when GNOME is default.

rip in piece macos clone de... if I ever were to switch from hackintosh to linux, it would have been to unity.. but now thats gone lol

Gnome3 with particular plugins is closer to macOS than unity tho...

if it doesnt have global menu bar, I skip..

Actually no, idk. I guess you’re kinda right in some ways. The top bar was pretty macosy, and gnome UI menus don’t really work the same way, since they almost always produce fucking bubbles that pop out instead of visually connected menus

Plasma has a global menu

No

it had a global menu and a hud,neither of which are present in other DEs (w/ proper support for both GTK and Qt)

I hope they make a fork. At least let us have the locally integrated menus and the panel.

webupd8.org/2011/11/install-gnome-shell-global-menu-in.html?m=1
This is what I like, but if you’re looking for one that uses the whole top bar a la macOS style then I read there’s a plug-in like that but it’s poorly developed so I understand.

Me again.
I can kinda see now why people don’t like Gnome3. I don’t use it as a primary OS, but only on my desktop for fucking around with, I am on a MBP most of the time that I’m doin any actual work.
I guess I don’t blame you guys for hating Gnome 3 anymore.

The fork is called Yunity, and is a fork of unity 8 where a new small team will be working on taking over what was dropped by Shuttleworth. What I’ve read on their forum is that they’re still in the process of uploading all the packages to github (138 total) before they start ramping up and doing anything real with it.

Me too. I loved the unified panel and titlebars when maximizing windows.

I wish some DE would fork its globalmenu..

>miss Unity
Nah. I will really miss HUD though. But shit like github.com/p-e-w/plotinus and github.com/ubuntu-mate/mate-hud exists so they can find a way later.

No, Unity is the comfiest

"GUYS IM JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED"

absolutely

I like unity on my 16.04 install, but I've been using i3 and it's growing on me. So while unity will be missed, I look forward to getting lots time with my new window manager

I'll miss it. It's always been the best DE aside from Plasma, despite what people say. To this day, it's still the only DE with both of these killer features (pic related).

Ναί.

Yes

Finally a person who doesnt care about what Sup Forums thinks about unity or ubuntu and uses its coz it is comfy.

yes

No.

I'm not trolling. I use it bc a lot subreddits have discord servers.

No. It's the most comfy DE ever. Default theme is outdated though.

Yes. If you care about unity, you're no one anyways

>138 packages
and here I thought KDE was too much

Yes. Install Gentoo faggot.