RIP the internet

eff.org/deeplinks/2017/08/internet-censorship-bill-would-spell-disaster-speech-and-innovation
eff.org/issues/cda230
new.swopusa.org/2017/08/11/call-to-actionpress-release-swop-usa-stands-in-direct-opposition-of-disguised-internet-censorship-bill-sesta-s-1963-call-your-state-representatives-and-tell-them-to-fight/
blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2017/07/senates-stop-enabling-sex-traffickers-act-of-2017-and-section-230s-imminent-evisceration.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights
ahumanright.org/press/releases/2012/06-07-12 A Human Right Release.pdf
w3.org/Consortium/Member/List
w3.org/Consortium/fees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do they keep trying it?
>SOPA gets shot down
>PIPA gets shot down
>Three bills later, they try it again

Because Congress is fucking retarded and democracy has failed.

Because trying again works.

>we need to make twitter safe for little girls

thanks hilldawg

The safest place for little girls in at my house.

Same trick the EU pulls - they can keep trying because they only need to get lucky once. Basically repeat until desired outcome is achieved then it can never be taken back.

>it can never be taken back
Not with that attitude.

Sorry I meant WILL never be taken back. They'll keep justifying reasons the last time "didn't count" but as soon as they get the outcome they want it'll be the one that did count and it'll never get brought up again, at least not until they wang to make it worse

how can you kill something when it is already dead?

Look at obamacare. Just a little while longer and it will be about as hard to repeal as social security.

They will succeed eventually

The endgame is permanence for the luxury class, and impermanence for the working class. Not even your money will be allowed to buy anything, only rent. Even your lifespan will be a manifestation of your status.

Welcome to Hell.

It was going to happen eventually, people are too stupid to actually let Internet be great forever.

Don't attribute to stupidity that which can be explained by malice.

Freedom of speech online is at the mercy of registrars now anyway and not a single one of these muh free internet types are making a big thing out of it. So I don't really care anymore.

>Implying you even understand what any of those bills actually did

How it is bad for my chinese cartoons?

is there any way we can just shut these internet censorship and privatization fuckers for good.

like it seems like we are constantly on the defense about these internet censorship/privitization

why can't WE start pushing a bill through that states that internet is not to be privatized or censored or whatever.

we need to get on the offense with this shit.
who the fuck do I email about this.
This shit is seriously pissing me off.
We need to make the megafuckers sweat.

bump cuz I want this shit answered

The bill in question was introduced in 1996. Whatever you put through now, will probably get passed in 2030.

bump

seems like the arguement is

>be vigiliant forever to consistantly go over any new bill for any internet fuckery

>be vigiliant for 15 years ensuring that the bill you have in the docket will pass, uninterrupted with little to no political/beureaucratic fuckery.

hopefully afterwards we won't need to hear about the internet being a chokepoint and then the corporations can work on the thing that will replace the internet.

Because you can try again to see if you an get it thru. This was the way Euro was pushed through in some European countries. Ram voting until it goes thru.

You can always build a community and build your own form of internet no one is stopping anyone from this

You faggots oppose this while supporting a Title II reclassification? Make up your minds if you want censorship or not.

>"Stop enabling sex traffickers act"
>Literally named it that to make it sound good
>All it will do is help facebook, google, twitter, etc... stay in power
That is some seriously fucked up shit

you can always run
but that just delays the inevitable
eventually you will have to fight
best to do it sooner than later
when you have places to retreat to after you have lost
instead of running into a corner

the natural cycle of things starts with a chase
after an idea
then a chase to make money off of it

Holy shit... a bill of online rights. How can we do this?

get all the alphabet agencies that determine standards and regulations for the internet to agree and sign on.
like w3c and the IEEEE and a few others.

Set up an agency to handle complaints and infringement of online rights.

heres some places we can start

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights

>ahumanright.org/press/releases/2012/06-07-12 A Human Right Release.pdf

other than that gonna have to go through each of those proposed bills and look at the stuff ((((they)))) want and the stuff we don't want

and try to look into the motives and minds of our oppressors and basically make a bill ensuring that those things wont happen.

What are you, some sort of sex traficker enabler?

Better not wrong-think.

And they wonder why encryption.

> land of the free home of the brave
> freedom â„¢

>land of the goyim home of the slaves

Switch to a decentralized internet that is completely separate from the current internetâ„¢

GNUnet will finally rise and shine.

>the """enlightenment""" era

Bump becuase im sick and tired of these thing poping up like twice a year causing everyones anxiety to spike.
We need to get at the root of this.
This weed keeps coming back no matter how many branches we cut.

Let us have the internet
Let the megafuckers push the other internet. With premium packages and the shit they want.
The internet is fine the way it is.

call-your-state-representatives-and-tell-them-to-fight/

When has that EVER changed ANYTHING?

Now that i think about it.
Dont sex traffickers
-Use tor, which accesses an encrypted internet. if a second internet were to happen it would most likely utilize a similar technology.
-Use "secrect code" to talk business on trusted platforms like facebook and twitter.

If they want to combat sex trafficking from a digital angle other than surveillance, is to demand isps,dns to employ firewalls against encrypted data.
If people are sending encrypted data through an isp then maybe they should think about alternative methods of transmission.

BECAUSE THEY THINK WE'RE GOING TO JUST STOP FIGHTING AND LET THEM HAVE IT. IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK. WE CAN WIN. WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING.

IT IS GETTING FUCKING SICKENING THOUGH, I THINK THEY NEED A LAST AND FINAL FUCKING MESSAGE.

>STOP SEX TRAFFICKING
THAT'S A GENIUS WAY TO GET NORMIES TO GO ALONG WITH IT.

Thinking too hard, mate. They named it that to get votes to censor the net, then deem anyone they don't like as a sex trafficker.

(((Net Neutrality)))

Online rights bill.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Good luck with a universal internet bill of rights considering the whole ICANN situation.

THANKS OBAMAAA

Where the fuck is GNUnet?

Fuck it, people cheered on when Daily Stormer was taken offline.Now they're complaining about Google hiding Leftist sites.

(((they))) are afraid of weaponized autism

>American internet

Nothing of value was lost.

w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

Holy fuck look at their membership fees

w3.org/Consortium/fees

Of course these fuckers are controlled by corps.

Are there any protests going on??

This shit is not going to be stopped by people signing a digital fucking petition.

>Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act
You just know they named it that so they could accuse anyone who opposes it to be a pedophile.

Exactly. They're getting smarter. I bet a social "scientist" came up with that title.

I told you fucks when they were pushing anti-CP laws in the 70s this was their endgame but everyone called me a fucking pedo and now look where we are.

They will use whatever excuse they can to censor you and stop you from speaking.

The same trick has always "muh racis" "muh facist" "muh sex trafficker" now
when Americans mostly stop giving a shit about getting name called on childish things is when this is going to stop
this is not more than a political weapon and you know it

You don't get this sort of thing in those countries in south america or africa that are dictatorships. Makes you think, don't it?

The thing is, you can get a semi intelligent monkey to sign a logical counter argument that would totally btfo that reasoning and they would look like stupid babies trying to regulate something they clearly havent the mind to understand.

bumping for more exposure

They're not civilised enough to have Internet.

But they do have it...

Because we don't execute people who propose bills that are stupid unethical.

>land of freedom

>the land of the free

You forgot CISPA.

When people get sick off it a new generation of fence sitters will rise to fill their place.

>Bill
No, for permanency you want an amendment. So you'd need (iirc) 2/3rds of the States to call a Convention and vote in favour, and then ratify it.