Uh-oh

Time to prepare the official cooling kit?

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/237158/intels-18-core-core-i9-7980xe-benchmarks-surface
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a list of all the great new features this bad boy has:
>RF ID™
>RAID KEYS™
>LESSLANES™
>ONE CORE TURBO™
>DORAIHORSU SEISHI™
>TRUSHEKEL GOYIMILK™
>INTEL DELID TECHNOLOGY™
>FUKUSHIMA NO POWAH & TEMPUSU™

Buy it, Sup Forumsoy. You're not a poorfag normie pleb, so buy it aplenty.

It's here, yay
techpowerup.com/237158/intels-18-core-core-i9-7980xe-benchmarks-surface

>Intel still sees it fit to charge an arm, a leg, and both of your kidneys for a 2-core advantage. Intel's XE processors have become more synonymous of eXtremely Expensive and less about being eXtreme Edition over the years, and the i9-7980XE, with its $1999 price-tag, does nothing to alleviate the issue

>2000 dollarinos for 2 more cores

>Single core performance on par with 7820 and 7900
>Both 7820 and 7900 lose to cheap ~800$ Threadripper 1920X in 8 tests out of 10
>You're literally paying 2 grand for just two more cores, while obtaining Xtremely restrictive platform with less features than the competition and while also setting up an inevitable volcanic housefire in your home

This is beyond retarded. How these morons even dare to call themselves "Intel"?

All AMD needs to do right now to completely obliterate Inturd is just release 1980X with 20 cores 40 threads (3 CCX enabled) on same TR4 socket and for ~1200$. This will kill the stupid greedy kikes so goddamn hard it won't be even funny any.

EBYN 7401p is only $1075.
Do you need anything else?

>24 cores 48 threads
Selffix. I forgot that Threadripper's CCX are 8 cores per slot, not 4 cores, lol.

That's a server platform, though.
I'm talking about home desktop.

>$2k SKU
>home desktop
?

That's dirty jews, they do that.
I, however, was referring to Threadripper.

Why would AMD launch a Threadripper when it's already EPYC territory?
Throwing moar coarz means lower clocks.

I simply LOVE how nowhere in those leaked benchmarks did he ever measure power consumption and temps while with those clocks he obtained the bench scores with. Fishy as fuck, but I guess we all know already what's it going to look like when someone finally leaks that shit out.

Because Threadripper is a home SKU. Epyc is not.
That 18 core housefire garbage of Inturd's is aimed at "XXTREME Sup ForumsAYMURR ENTHUSIAST" desktop Sup Forumsoyims, not as an actual server platform. So to compete with 7980XE correctly, all AMD has to do is to release a cheaper 24 core 48 threaded Threadripper by just enabling one CCX more (since there's already four of them on the package, but two were disabled dummy units so far).

They are not going to compete with this abortion because the abortion competes with 7551p.

>the abortion competes with 7551p
That's what Brian believes. But in reality it's a friggin "prosumer enthusiast Sup Forumsoymer" platform, just like Threadripper is. This shit stands no chance against Epyc, but it looks like kikes can't fathom this.

Who the fuck cares about kikes?
They can't do shit about anything Zen.
Between shit core, lagging dieshrink and 60% margins there's only cocks and lost marketshare.

Well I'm not arguing on that, I'm just explaining that 7980XE is not a server platform, but a enthusiast desktop, so it's only natural that to destroy it AMD should just release a Threadripper with 3 CCXes, instead of current 2, and price it literally ANYWHERE between 1200~1500$ to UTTERLY DECIMATE that turd of Infail's.

Why would AMD do that? $2k is not desktop pricing.

Just because Inturd overprices it's garbage so heavily, doesn't automatically make it "server" just to it being highly priced. See? It's an enthusiast desktop which is just heavily overpriced, not a server solution. Threadripper is an enthusiast desktop too, but currently has 16 cores tops. Higher than that is a server-only Epyc, there no in-between 24 core 48 threaded Threadripper as of right now, so it would be perfectly fine to fill that gap for AMD, and I sincerely believe that, to destroy 7980XE and absolutely shame/ostracize Intel globally, AMD's going to do exactly just that sometime soon. It's just the most logical course of action right now.

Why would they do that? $2k is still far and away from the usual desktop pricing no matter how Intel calls it.

Why are you asking ME why Intel kikes are utter morons who can't do just shit in business? I don't have an answer to that. Ask Brian.

That's why AMD is not going to do that.
Intel trying to maintain its 60% margins has nothing to do with AMD's market stance.

Nah, I truly believe that AMD"s going to do it. They're going to burn and gas kikes so hard simply out of principle, for all the previous years AMD has suffered and ESPECIALLY for that time period when Intel LITERALLY bribed news outlets and review sites to not review AMD hardware properly. We all know that historical fact. Neither Jim Keller nor AMD itself would ever forget that or forgive that. AMD never forgives, never forgets. They're going to grind Intel into the ground and even deeper below, just because they're currently can and they've only just started gaining the momentum.

Feefees have no place in faceless corporations.
Intel trying to maintain 60% margins has nothing to do with AMD's market stance.

Are you a bot? Or just retarded?

The only retard here is you. They won't release something that competes with EPYC just because muh feefees.

DIdn't the leak benchmark say it turbos all cores in one benchmark, but not in real gaming/software situations?

Seems like Intel maybe cheating the benchmark software by selectively increasing core usage on benchmark.

Threadripper was a side project of some AMD developers, it is already the "let's fill the gap between Ryzen and Epyc" solution, and it is great. If it's easy to add a third die they will do it sooner or later, or perhaps all four dies with a lower core count (6x4 = 24), but I don't think it should be their priority right now.

Right now they should be fixing Vega as much as possible for the APUs and mobile chips.
That's what they are lacking in their lineup: chips for cheap (or small) desktop systems without dedicated GPU and laptops.

They should also need to speed up Vega11.
I want laptop but without fucking nVidia inside.

Nice non-argument, kid.

If that is true, then Intlel is in for some massive gassing.

>If it's easy to add a third die
Considering that Epyc is a literal "Threadripper with all four CCX fully enabled", it's super-effing-easy for AMD to just enable one CCX more on Threadripper. Remember - they're already using the full package in Threadripper currently, the only difference being that two out of four CCX units are disabled dead dummy garbage binned ones. Literally the only thing they have to do to add more cores to Threadripper, is to make a package of "3 enabled CCX and one dead dummy unit".

CCX is 4 cores+cachez.
Threadripper is 2 Zeppelin dies, i.e. 4 CCX.

Not on Threadripper.
Threadripper has a CCX out of 8 cores, not 4 cores like mainstream RyZen. 16 core 1950X is just two fully enabled CCX units, with two dead ones added for evening the mounting pressure balance.

The only development I'm looking forward to is them fixing SGX so it's actually safe to use. Can't wait.
I hope AMD stops with their useless version with it and bring something real to the table.

What CPU technology do you look forward to?

Are you fucking retarded?
Threadripper is the same Zeppelin die as consumer Ryzen or EBYN.

Consumer RyZen has two CCX with 4 cores each on board. Threadripper has two CCX with 8 cores each on board. The retarded one here is you.

>SGX
SEV and SME are better.

Ryzen is one Zeppelin die with two 4-core CCX.
TR is two Zeppelin dies with two 4-core CCX each.
Please kill yourself.

>3.21 MB
>668x630
Learn to use image formats and compression properly you piece of shit

I don't compress. Ever. Fuck off, you artifact scumbag.

By no stretch user. They're far too trusting. They're more widely applicable but they're too easy to attack. Makes them useless.

Hello rabbi.
I too love retarded extenstions instead of software transparent hardware mechanisms.

It's useful. That's why I want to use it.

Fuck off with your faggot bloatshit.

Cry more, you artifactlet.

Why not use a lossless format and compress more aggressively?

I don't compress. I just don't. Ever.

Gay.

Because he's a fucking piece of shit, that's why.

>A fag calling someone else a fag
Oh the irony

You did with the op image. It's god awful. Only a 50% improvement over an uncompressed bitmap but it's certainly compressed.

>are you retarded?
>reply
>Non-argument hurrrrrrr
I don't think you understand how arguments work. You have to actually say something with content. I know you made first comment, but you didn't say literally anything to address his. Retards like you should really just go back to r*ddit and stop wasting everyone's time.

Nice try, but no cigar.