Watch thread - /wt/

Soviet watches edition.
Post your soviet watches now!

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=lKIhEwYn9Ds

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch Essentials 102: pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/group/bands-for-wristwatch/2945105_511506269.html
ablogtowatch.com/tissot-heritage-1948-watch/
ebay.com/itm/Women-Men-Casual-Luxury-Quartz-Analog-Watch-Gold-Leather-Band-Wrist-Watches-Gift/381974464360
omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14683/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think I figured out why you guys love Soviet novelty watches so much. They're so worthless not even pajeets will make frankens out of them. It's kind of like those people who go for fat chicks because they know the fat chick isn't going to cheat on them.

What do you think about this watch?

Fuck you
This is an American thread now plus we've been on the moon first you commie fuck

Looks great, I like the way the mildew on the dial matches the mildew on the hands. Since it's a Rolex, I would definitely pay at least $57,000 for that quality of corrosion. Have you taken it to Bob Ridley to have the bracelet resized yet? I heard the waiting period is 24 months now, but I don't want to risk scratching the links myself.

>Make thread before old thread hit bump limit
>Don't include correct video

Like the previous op did any better

A tradition of failure?

Why are G Shocks the best watches?

Here's my raketa

Fuck you
This is a Soviet thread now plus we've been on the space first you capitalist fuck

we raketaposting now?

Yes

so what the fuck is the rest of us who don't own or want to own any soviet watches supposed to do here?

Shitpost poor commies who would have starved to death back in the day
Hey there, I don't see you on the moon aka the only place that matters

>Only place that matters

Only a stupid american would value a place without an atmosphere or suitable gravity so highly.

>commies
>be in space

>glorious Americans
>be in space and on the moon

Get your watch serviced, rocket man. No one should have a watch that expensive with glass that badly scratched.

I have this watch (not my pic) which belonged to a soviet officer that my parents bought off the black market while my parents were doing some work for the (US) govt in the soviet union (before the USSR fell).

Doesn't work anymore, unfortunately. Probably could be fixed but eh I have a $400 tissot le lochle as my daily driver anyway (which I fucking love and would recommend to anyone if you can find a good deal on it. I got it like $100 off by monitoring it on camelcamelcamel)

>Chinese
>invented rockets
>and can make a watch that looks exactly like yours for $10 or less

dun forgotted my pic

Rate my Poljot

Eternal glory to the CCCP!

Eyyyy 2209 brah

>you see comrade
>glass not pop off
>when watch not airtight

I have two 2209, one Au10+ plated other 583 gold (14K)

One looks exactly like pic

Would you wear those in post-USSR country though? Also how strong do I wind them up? Till it doesn't move anymore? It shound last around a day, right?

did someone buy from Laipute on aliexpress?
aliexpress.com/store/group/bands-for-wristwatch/2945105_511506269.html
it has meme nato straps like the flamingo one on cheapestnatostraps for 2.99$
is there a huge difference in quality?

pls dont wear that

Nice, whre did you get the 14k gold from?

I wore a watch that had a hammer and a cicle (only watch I had at that momement) in Ukraine. All i got was weird looks from one retard in a tram.

Wind them up till you feel the resistance, can't really go wrong with these. It lasts maybe 30 hours or so.

ablogtowatch.com/tissot-heritage-1948-watch/
>automatic chronograph
>30m WR
>snap-on caseback
>$1450
What did Tissot mean by this?

Apparently it was some 1975 anniversary gift for my granddad (I can't read russian). Surprisingly they still work. Gonna post later if they stop or tomorrow if they'll last a day.

These things can be pretty robust, they work for very long, but quite inaccurately.

true about 99% of USSR industry

Steel g shock meets the bill, for some reason I thought they were all plastic.

With Tissot you pay for quality and tradition. Their timepieces are usually very unappreciated, glad to see it change. This pricepoint is still fairly low for such quality though, an absolute steal.
How beautiful this is, gosh.

Not wearing it right now so here's a random pic, this my commemorative Vostok Amphibian.

So gf kinda likes good looking watches and doesnt really care about the movement. Any recommendations and should i just buy her a chink watch?

ebay.com/itm/Women-Men-Casual-Luxury-Quartz-Analog-Watch-Gold-Leather-Band-Wrist-Watches-Gift/381974464360

Good enough! Is it safe to shop directly with my card or do i have to make a paypal?

Make a paypal friendo

Oh shit those are lovely.

I don't have the moon phase, I should add that to the list. NGL I don't even like the Copernic as much as I thought I would.

Remember kids, don't buy shitters. The honeymoon period fades after like a month max.

> Remember kids, don't buy shitters.

Any yet they are over 90% of /wt/ posts...

It does take a bit of time to get over the shitter mindset though. It took me a long time to see the value in higher end watches.

Shitters are fun for a while since they're cheap. All they're good for is practicing your watchmaking if you do it as a hobby.

I just got this vintage automatic Omega in good condition for 315€ on a jewbay auction, did I do well?

Uhh do you like it?

Also posting my slavshit, the Kirova Chronograph is on sale in order to fund the Omega I just bought.

Can someone recommend me a good cheap winder? I'm just putting a Seiko 5 in it so it doesn't need to be too expensive.

Yeah, I fucking love blue and always wanted a vintage Omega. I know many will find the case design a bit odd but I like it a lot.

Yeah that is an odd case but I like it a lot. Noice.

What Omega did you just buy? I recognize your slav collection.

I am looking to sell of shitters for a vintage Omega soon.

"invented" rockets? are you fucking kidding me?

are you fucking retarded?

Check and I got this pic from some forum . I'll probably put it on a black leather strap like that one because the combination is good looking. I'm open to other suggestions though.

I'll get the watch on a stretch band like pic related, which I don't like.

Are you going to get it serviced?

The seller says it's been recently serviced, let's see how it runs but I don't see doing it anytime soon. I'm also curious about the automatic movement it uses since there wasn't any info and I didn't even ask. Apparently Omega used different movements on the Genèves. I think it's gonna be the more simple 1012 but with some luck it will be a 5xxx. Does anyone know?

You bought it and don't know what movement is in it?!

Why!!

>What did Tissot mean by this?
Deliberate crapification so as to minimise sales cannibalised from higher end Swatch Group brands. Same reason the Visodate has a snap on caseback and a fucking mirror for a crystal.

There is zero chance that Omega has a 56x movement in it. It's almost certainly a 10xx.

Because I fucking loved the design and this one in particular rarely pops out on eBay. If it's a 1012, the "uglier" one according to knowers, I don't really care desu, it works quite well.

I don't have a clue, but why zero chance? Have seen a few genèves online with 56x.

S H O C K B O Y S

Why does my shit always rotate?

Because the Geneve you bought looks like a model produced much too late to have a 56x in it. Actually I just did some searching and it appears to be a 166.0168 from 1973 with the 1012 movement:
omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14683/

>omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14683/

Woah nice user, thanks.

From a watch owner's perspective the issues are that co-axial Omega's are much more sensitive to timely regular servicing pretty much every five years exactly otherwise the movements can start eating themselves, and that The Swatch Group charges out the ass for services compared to an independent watchmaker for services, but 99.99% of independent watchmakers cannot service co-axials (I know of only one independent watchmaker who can, actually).

Al?

school bag
almost not body hair
g shock

checks out

Yes. He's the only independent I know of certified to do co-axials, and he also still has a full parts account.

Last time I checked being in college wasn't exactly a bad thing. I bought this two days ago and am really liking it. Normally I'd wear my Sinn but I really don't like wearing it to the gym.

What about you user? Whats on your wrist today?

>We are on WUS now.

Hi guys, what do you think about this wristshot with my dedicated dresswatch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, wear it in good health!

:^)

I use Kendal brand winders, they work fine and are about as cheap as they come.

they are probably from the same factory, it's just that with CNS you get customer service

Posting pic with obvious SWE keyboard. You haven't been anywhere cuckman.

lel

SWE?

NOTHING FAGGOT

Do you normally wear nothing? What's your collection like?

WAY/wt/?

Thanks, I'll check them out.

S H O C K B O I S

Wearing right today. Been keeping better than 0.5spd over the last nine days.

What are some formal/dress watches with quartz movement and a sapphire crystal?
Also what's like the smallest G-shock available, but not a female sized model/baby G? I'm replacing my Casio DBC-32 as my daily.

Cheap haq dress watch w sapphire

>dress watch as a daily

You misread, you fucking retard. I'm asking what's the smallest model gshock to replace my calculator watch as daily

What's a good watch for under $100 CAD?

Seiko 5

I would actually recommend a Jennings .22 pistol.

You could save yourself a lot more trouble that way.

i have an eta shitter
3 soviet shitters
cassio shitters
swatch shitters
rolex shitters
and i wear only nothing and come on here only to shitpost

Wearing the GOAT LCD quartz today.

Remind me how the accuracy on your 52 KS Special has been, I forget. Glad to hear that 45 KS is still living up to its reputation.

The 52ks is not as good. It is maybe 4spd. I'm sure a service would bring that down significantly.

Where did you get that fampai?

How do you even order from yobokies?

Citizen Stiletto AR3075-51E or AR3015-53E?

Off Yahoo jp auctions, through proxy bidding service zenmarket. The majority of my Japanese vintage has come from there.