Should I liquid cool my system?

Should I liquid cool my system?

No

Yes

no

yes

Maybe

AIOs are pretty useless when a high end aircooler does the job while being quieter.
If your doing a custom loop it can be worth it

maybe

no

I don't know, should you?

No totally shit

Since you clearly do not know if you need it or not.No if anything get a 212 evo and a noctua fan

yes

Don't waste your time. I always chuckle when I see those fancy liquid cooled setups, because in 4-5 years it will be about as good as a $100 pc from a pawn shop.

liquid cooling is for cases too small to have a real heatsink on the cpu. if you have a normal sized case don't bother.
unless you have threadripper + 1080ti, then go ahead ang get liquid cooling to get everly last drop of performance out of your PC

I don't see the point of it unless you are really trying to push your system to the limit and air-cooling is somehow just not doing it.

/thread

You could say the same about any high end hardware. It still doesn't change the fact that it cools better and runs silent.

Nope, I fell for the closed loop meme and I regret it.

Stock fans are the cheaper shit ever that not only are loud but also have an annoying mechanical noise probably for being the cheap shit kind so you need to buy more "premium" fans usually from the same company too boot.
After buying high quality expensive silent fans you may still get pump noise
Radiator gets fucking hot and since is in constant contact with the case the case gets hot too.
To properly clean the radiator you need to take it out because compressed air is never good enough for radiators so you need to rinse it with water and properly dry it and better be careful you don't get the CPU block wet because that shit ain't water proof.
You need to use software to control the fans and usually that piece of software is abysmal utter shit.
The pump is literally inside the CPU block so there's only like 1 or 2 cm space for water to flow which is not enough.
Pump will die eventually.
Shit could leak all over your PC parts.
You're still going to get very high temperatures unless you live in a cold place o have the AC in your room set to 20ºC because once shit gets hot it's going to stay hot even with fans at 3200rpm and that's because the poor water flow and lack of an extra water reservoir.

Better buy one of those noctua or any other gigantic meme heatsinks, those are actually silent, they are also actually better than most closed loops (the big noctuas beat most closed loops)
They don't need extra software, they can be cleaned with just compressed air and they never break.

Unless you're talking about a custom water cooling set up, then go ahead if you know what you're doing.

>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pump noise fucking sucks.

Who thought this was acceptable?

Yes, hopefully it springs a leak.

Then don't use a shitty pump. My D5 Vario is quieter than my HDD, even when turned all the way up.

>runs silent

>spends $300 on a silent pump
>doesn’t spend $20 on silent fans or $40 on silent cpu heatsink fan
>doesn’t realize that heat doesn’t matter as long as it’s not damaging the device with overheating, because wear and tear actually comes from turning devices on and off, going from room temp and then rising over and over.

yea get A240G

HDD's are quite loud.

>Doesn’t run his computer in a fish tank full of canola oil
Lmao

You know how I know you're full of shit? You think the D5 is $300, and not one of the two most common pumps on the market. It runs about $65. It will realistically last for as long as I want to keep using it. I have good fans too, Gentle Typhoons. They're attached to good radiators. All of this will long outlive the hardware currently being cooled. CPU blocks can be swapped to new boards and sockets just as easily as heatsinks can, and don't cost any more than a high end air cooler. And that $40 heatsink you mentioned, does it do anything for the temps or noise of your GPU?

And how much does that pump cost once you add up the price of all the other parts to make it work?
That’s what I thought

Do you have a massive heat issue or do you want your machine to look "cool"
If not, then no. Mine is watercooled because the $15 modest sized heatsink I bought wouldn't actually past my heat pipes. So I just put in a waterblock because there was no way that wasnt going to fit.

You didn't make any (ridiculous) assumptions about the other parts, you only started spouting off about a $300 dollar pump. Regardless, the whole system will last through as many hardware upgrades as I want, so it doesn't really bother me to spend a little bit up front.

Liquid cooling is pretty much an unnecessary luxury unless you want to overclock some Vega+i9 mostrocity.

>better
The cooling only has to be ADEQUATE to the system, doesnt matter if you operate at 70 or 30C both are good.

Monster air coolers like The Grand Macho and Noctua are about as good and quieter than double fan AIOs have less moving parts and points of failure.

I would suggest liquid cooling your CPU has no objective reasons, only subjective like aestgetics and fetishism, the GPUs however cant run massive air monstrocities and may actually benefit from liquid upgrade IF your gpu is fucking Vega, pascals are voltage locked at power levels that air can well handle.