Security flaws put billions of Bluetooth phones, devices at risk

>It's thought to be the most widescale set of vulnerabilities based on the number of devices affected, hitting Windows desktops,
>Android devices, older iPhones and iPads, and smart devices.
>A set of vulnerabilities affecting "almost every" Bluetooth-connected desktop, mobile, and smart device on the market has been revealed.
>Eight separate flaws, known collectively as "BlueBorne" by researchers at security firm Armis, affect devices with the Bluetooth short-range wireless protocol.

It a big nothing burger right Sup Forums? More chicken little bullshit?

zdnet.com/article/bluetooth-security-flaw-blueborne-iphone-android-windows-devices-at-risk/

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.slashdot.org/story/17/09/20/182226/turning-off-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-in-ios-11s-control-center-doesnt-actually-turn-off-wi-fi-or-bluetooth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Use custom rom on phone.
>Can't update.
>Can't turn off Bluetooth since I use Google Location Services.
>It is on even though it says it's off.

ffs

After I installed LineageOS onto my new phone, my Bluetooth doesn't even work.

Should I still worry about this shit?

lata bitch

>Should I still worry about this shit?

>It's thought to be the most widescale set of vulnerabilities based on the number of devices affected, hitting Windows desktops,
>Android devices, older iPhones and iPads, and smart devices

Nope...you're good.

>Bluetooth doesn't work
>still needs to worry about his device getting attacked via Bluetooth
Yeah, nah

>tfw Bluetooth is also wifi on my thinkpad

God dammed chinks when they said dual band wifi i thought it mean 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz not wifi and Bluetooth on the same chip.

So keep Bluetooth disabled.

iTODDLERS BTFO

apple.slashdot.org/story/17/09/20/182226/turning-off-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-in-ios-11s-control-center-doesnt-actually-turn-off-wi-fi-or-bluetooth

>So keep Bluetooth disabled.
rly maed me thnk...

I'm nearly positive that Linux and iPhone patched this, both within the past day or two.

When bluetooth was first a thing it was extremely insecure, it is not surprising this happened eventually. Don't leave wifi, nfc, or bluetooth on if you are not actively using them at the moment. This should be common sense.

Too bad my only use for NFC requires it to be on all the time

To properly cup you balls?

No, for things like turning my phone's Wi-Fi on by setting it on the desk, setting it to silent by putting it on my nightstand, and creating a hotspot by tapping it to my laptop.

phone got patched, so am i fine to continue using speakers/smartwatch etc? maybe i just don't understand how the exploit works, but those don't need patches right?

Hackermam.webm

>A patch was issued the day before they disclosed the vulnerability
Meh, no one cares.

>my device received a patch so all of the billions of devices with Bluetooth have

>Custom rom
>Can't update
The fuck? Latest lineageOS was updated on 2017-09-20 08:14:42
What phone?
Why would I care if other people have unsecured devices? Also they can just turn off the bluetooth radio if they want to use a workaround

You said no one cares, which is a blatant lie. Whether or not you care is irrelevant to your previous statement.

So what, are you going to argue about semantics like a sperglord?

I don't have Bluetooth on unless I am using it.

Yes, you can't just move goalposts.

Oh hey there friend! A while ago I did you a favor by totally stripping out the Bluepoop stack, so this shouldn't be an issue. You're welcome.

i-is that a ladyboy?

Fuck you cunt

thanks friend, much appreciated. always knew i can rely on you

>nearly positive
Well fuck, nearly positive is almost good enough for me...