Smartphones are almost 4k

>smartphones are almost 4k
>laptops are STILL 1366x768
and then there's VR
you can even see the pixels LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All Categories&type=page&iht=n&browsedCategory=pcmcat138500050001&st=pcmcat138500050001_categoryid$abcat0502000&qp=features_facet=Features~4K UHD Display
youtube.com/watch?v=0JqEXBkwZK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Laptops are tools you use to do a job. Nobody cares about laptop specs and you just use the one provided by your employer.

Smartphones are fashion items. People buy phones with higher numbers printed on them over other phones.

>not wanting higher res for more workspace.
Even if you work in excel only you would want FHD

bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All Categories&type=page&iht=n&browsedCategory=pcmcat138500050001&st=pcmcat138500050001_categoryid$abcat0502000&qp=features_facet=Features~4K UHD Display

I don't get it...
You mean the VR set right? Not the actual laptops.

Also
>4K on a small size screen
Lmao

What is reality

>laptops are STILL 1366x768
Not for the past 3 years it ain't

Enjoy your shit battery life.

I don't get it.
Does that mean that the piMax has a lower refresh rate? They didn't do they same animations...

Resolution isn't the limiting factor when trying to get as much info an a laptop display, fa.m

Display size is.

Untill we greatly improve battery technology i don't see 4k laptops/phones being well inpermented or practical anything soon until so. We still have phones stuck below 3000hm and explosive

Your phone is 2 or 3 times closer to your eyes than your laptop, so they need higher ppi than laptops. Combined with our preferred apparent display size this results in higher res for phones.

>Also
K on a small size screen
>Lmao

this so much. I have an s7, which I think can do 1440p. When I got it, I wanted to see if I could tell the difference between 1440 and 1080. You can't. You absolutely cannot. Anyone who thinks they can is retarded.

Phones are the proof that hi resolution leads to no improvement in useability and unnecessary drains your battery.

Laptops don't follow this trend since laptop are made to be actually productive instead of making the owner believe he/she's now part of a higher class in society.

Prepare for all the neckbeards about to tell you they actually can and you are somehow the freak for not having 20/2 vision. Oh and also you are poor for not spending money on something that won't improve your live.

Greater than 1080p on a 5" screen is appreciated by the same people who think they can tell the difference between high bit rate MP3 and FLAC

This.

If audiophiles exist then there's probably also a mental condition that leads you to believe you can distinguish objectively undetectable visual phenomenon.

Wrong, faggot. Try reading an a4 page zoomed so that the whole thing is on screen at once on 1366x768. You can't do it. But if you had around 1000 vertical res it would be fine.

This. I honestly don't understand why people buy expensive smartphones (like $200+) when you can get a cheap one $20-$40 that does EXACTLY the same shit.

I mean if it's your hobby and or you simply enjoy having the latest tech then good for you, but don't try and tell me the average person needs a $200+ smart phone. It's insane.

The screendoor effect with VR is really bad and makes it pretty sickening. Laptops being low-res isn't really an issue on modern laptops, as far as I know. You could even get 1920x1200 ThinkPads nearly 10 years ago. Shitty budget walmart laptops being as low-spec'd as possible is not really that surprising, and it's difficult to do anything about. It's probably going to always be better to buy an older used model than a new budget model when it comes to laptops. The cons of doing this slowly disappear when you also take into consideration things like Intel ME being on all modern computers, and how it's only been broken on some old ThinkPads for the most part.

this

it's nice to fit more terminals comfortably. I already use a 9pt font or smaller.

Sucks to be you then. I'm comfy at 1280x800.

>that blink
what is the oculus, 10hz?

You cannot base anything on a recording of a display. This way all displays look shit.

they are noticeably different, the 4k one if by far the worst, the vive surprisingly looks best

Yes, they are but through another camera there's now way of telling which one looks best because the recording is dominating by effect that only exist when viewed through another digital camera (moire/banding/etc).

>the 4k one if by far the worst
>on a webm of a gif
get your vision checked out at an ophthalmologist

youtube.com/watch?v=0JqEXBkwZK8

Is that super lucky star? It's a VR game?

Achhtually anything higher than x768 is preferred for office work, the more vertical lines you have the more working space you have in things like excel or word or while coding

It's why 16:10 or 4:3 was preferred in most elitebooks/thinkpads/latitudes before 16:9 became a full blown meme, even then those laptops came with 1600x900 or even 1920x1080 screens when they could/as an optional upgrade.

> lucky star? It's a VR game?
I'd play it.

the 1st one is a VR game. The 2nd one isn't.

dubs confirm