Specs / speccy thread

Specs / speccy thread

Who else is mini itx?

Should be 8 gigs of VRAM

Pretty sure I lost the silicon lottery and CPU is dying so I need to dial back the OC

I wish I could find a new monitor that wasn't garbage. Everything looks like shit compared to this U2414H.

Why is your ssd so toasty?

i guess no airflow,its in the back of the board

>Pretty sure I lost the silicon lottery
try with my 3770k, needs voltage this high to maintain this shit OC

Ouch, my shit just runs hot, with 5x120mm of rad I still hit 74C under load with this

can't you drop the voltage even further? That's the easiest thing to try if it just runs hot.

Nope, won't boot below this at 4.4.I can drop it to 4.2 but I think the damage is done at this point

I'm planning on doing a 1920x and my cards in a 10x120mm rad loop in January, so I'm not too worried, shooting for 4.1/4.2 on the CPU and 2050-2100 on the cards

>1599
>3200
DDR = Double Data Rate.
Please, user.

i have a 1440p 75hz monitor now, i swear

So I guess we all know where the Intel shilling comes from

r8

A 7700 non-K, I never saw these
Gee Bill, two... Can you max that screen with these?
How did you get this dark design? It looks really nice. Also it seems like you bought my old 3770K, it needed that exact voltage to reach 4.3 GHz.
How, I run my 5820K / 4.2 / 1.23 V on a H100i, it never goes above 70°, around 65° under heavy load. It was similar when I had it on 1.3 V, but the extra 100 Mhz didn't seem worth it.
Nice GPU, doesn't your CPU bottleneck a bit? Also you can't OC it, H61M doesn't even have SATA 3 or USB 3.

My main PC, the 5820K I mentioned. It was doing some heavy rendering load while I took this picture. It stays around 45° in games.

I thought about getting a cheap used 5960X, unfortunately they still want 600 € for these used old CPUs while a Ryzen octa-core costs 300 € new. It is tempting but my platform works flawlessly and the two extra cores wouldn't change much.

>tfw when you have a 4k screen but cannot use the 4k resolution because no affordable hdmi 2 cards exist

>tfw FX-8350 stock vcore is at the end of the VID range for these things
Should I sell this shitty fucking build for a macbook?

Which shitty build? You don't mean the 980 Ti one? Are you retarded? If you don't game anymore and aren't a Macfag just get some ASUS Ultrabook.

It's a joke reference to this, I love my pc, even though it doesn't clock for shit.

Athlon II X2 guy here.

>that build

My GPU arrived.

Pretty good budget gaming system there, I really can't talk shit about the non overclockability.

Beginning to show its age

new monitor in....eventually

how? another SSD and maybe another 980 and you're good for a couple more years

why all that speed with no SSD?

75 for the optiplex all hardware included
added 650 PSU, 1050ti, and an ssd for about 180$ more.

I think the 1066mhz ram may be hurting me a bit but its a decent rig for cheap.

Def miss the custom PC building though.

This, I could understand if he was using a sandy bridge platform with dated IO, but haslel is as good as DDR3 platforms get.

hi

Exactly, its a 4770k, that thing is at worst 7% slower the na 7700k. You most likely are just getting bottlenecked ont he GPU, sell the 980 while its probably inflated hardcore on pricing

>tfw lowered vcore and still got 4.2 prime stable
Hi guy.

Even Sandy Bridge is still fine. The only problem are locked processors due to their low base clock. If you are targeting 144 Hz I would recommend six cores at least, for anything 60 Hz a 2500K is still sufficient, let alone a 4770K.

He should get a 1070 or 1080. The 980 is a bit weak for a 1440p screen.

Nice OC

I had an 8320e at 4Ghz thought it was bretty gud.

Sold it and picked up an older optiplex with a 2500 non k and was honestly surprised the 2500 was just soooo much better all around.

Ive had a few 8350s and could never ever get a single one over 4.3 stable. No clue where this 8350s clocking to the moon meme came from.

Is this enough for casual programming?

I never believed it would overclock to the moon, and I don't know why anyone would since 4ghz out of the box is pushing it, I'm grateful it can oc a bit on stock volts and undervolt a bit a stock speed.

That's full load, eg doing an x265 transcode. Like I said I just lost the silicon lottery and got a chip that runs hot

Right here. I want off this 970, but I need a new monitor first.

Speccy threads have been a ploy all along to get people on to Piriform software so they can use their platform to distribute malware

howdy

3.6ghz, zero diff in temps

i9 is at 4.2ghz, runs too hot for my tastes higher LUL

downgraded from dual x5690

Actually the one that says "Unknown" is a nvme

So how'd I do for my first build?

ah okay, i didn't know WD made an NVME. cool beans

If your shit isn't under load it looks like you fucked up putting on the CPU heatsink

Why is everyone still using speccy? Do you still trust piriform after that recent ccleaner hack?

What exactly was wrong with CCleaner? Did it have a trojan in it or something?

Trying to think what I want next.

Do these look like business servers to you? Why do you live your life crippled by fear of isses that can be solved by wiping the SSD and reinstalling?

Can't complain

Vega 56 or 64?

They were distributing malware for over a month before they realized it

maybe he doesn't want to wipe and reinstall

tfw third world tier pc

>sub-3000 ram
>non-matching monitors
>that graphics card
>only a 1400
>no SSD
>optical drive in 2017
>razer
>windows 10
How gay are you?
Also
>those monitors
>that graphics card
Wait, are you that dude that had the housefire Athlon 860k or whatever?

whats wrong with his screens?

i often use a second 1280x 1024 as second for chat and browsing needs and i didnt notice any downsides yet or am i missing something?

A 720(768)p monitor in 2017?
Got no problems with the 1440x900 because muh 16:10, but fuck non-matching monitors.
At least get dual 1920x1080/1200 monitors. Fucking hell, it's 2017, with the mining craze graphics cards are going on the used market for cheap as all shit anyway, so it's easy to pick up a GTX970/980, and I've even seen a few GTX1070's between $200-$350

maybe some people dont have a need for an upgrade
i could easy just get a 1060 or 70 rn but everything i play already runs maxed on my 960 with 60+ fps so why bother

I would've gone with an R5 1600 with a 1070, or an R7 1700. Also, an SSD would be a good addition. Otherwise, looks decent.