Is this the new botnet/Microshit?

Is this the new botnet/Microshit?

ubuntu is dead next release. now their entire distro is just debian testing and gnome 3 skinned to look like old unity.

Beginners are still gonna hop on to ubuntu coz there is no distro as dumb and easy like it

No.
Why do you say that?

Probably. Getting rid of NSA/systemd on a Ubuntu system is a bit of a hassle.

I use Devuan/fluxbox which hasn't got this problem.

Debian testing has been nothing more than a Fedora fork for a while now

Because of the Amazon thing. Even though they removed it in 16.04 i dont believe it to be a privacy friendly distro. After all Canonical is looking towards profit and not their users.

mint is better at this point. looks more similar to windows. gnome 3 is an alien tabletshit interface that no one likes.

with all the shit gnome devs have said about how they don't want extensions or themes I'm surprised ubuntu is even trying to work with them. especially considering the just got finished with their mir NIH shit.

my point is, ubuntu's brand and claim to fame was its unity DE. gnome devs do as much as they possibly can to prevent users from creating extensions or themes. new unity is a shitty reskin of gnome. which isn't enough to set them apart like how creating and maintaining unity did.

Zorin Lite and Xubuntu are better and easier. Xfce is the easiest DE to use and has many more GUI settings so it's the most user friendly DE. Plus, it's the most stable DE. Anything based on GNOME is shit and barely usable. And KDE is too unstable.

no, that's OSX

Ubuntu is just Linux for niggers. White people use Debian.

>Not being around when Ubuntu used to use gnome
>Being this young
I don't think you should be on Sup Forums unsupervised kid

>ubuntu's brand and claim to fame was its unity DE

oh look, a child talking about things it does not know or understand. how annoying to observe

This post is meaningless. What are you, a butthurt gnome faggot or a butthurt Ubunto faggot?

New Unity is literally a Gnome 3 skin with ads. Objectively shit.

You didn't use ubuntu back in the GNOME 2 days?
How can you be here without having shitposted about SPINNAN CUBES.

right. im sure a lot of people will continue to use ubuntu. why use gnome 3 when you can use gnome 3 with amazon botnet ads and some ubuntu wallpapers?

them wallpapers tho

> 2004 - 2010
> Ubuntu is reskinned Gnome; has no real identity

> 2011 - 2017
> Ubuntu uses its own DE; actually creates something to differentiate itself

Hurr yeah what a newfig

Liux mint will be the awnser

Cimmanon is the masterrace of linux DE's

sounds fine to me

um, ubuntu has a lot of things to distinguish itself. third party support, launchpad, snap, ppa, etc.

TrueOS and the BSD community is looking more attractive to me every day when I read crap like this. The hell is wrong with you, bacteria infected twats?

>stupid friendly
>tons of resources
>werks on my machine
I'm staying on Noobuntu. Besides, companies in my area use it.
Also, Terry Davis.

Adware.

>ubuntu has a lot of things to distinguish itself. third party support, launchpad, snap, ppa
Yes, but normalfigs aren't going to notice any of that. Show someone screenshots of the default desktops for the dozen most popular distros and they'll point out that Umbongo is the only one that doesn't look identical except for the wallpaper.

>Beginners are still gonna hop on to ubuntu coz there is no distro as dumb and easy like it

Still recommending ubunutu for beginners in 2017, lol.

Solus or elementaryOS are probably better options.

Ubuntu started getting shittier after 2010, it's been 7 years since then... They haven't changed one bit.

Unfortunately, no.

Microshit is actually useful and popular.

You came to the wrong site motherucker.No microshit praise here boi.

I stopped using Ubungo since their philosophy is more economical oriented.

Use Debian.

Tried to install it on my retarded mac but the trackpad didnt work in the installation and I couldnt erase my partition as ext4. The irony is Im still using Ubuntu.

werks on my machine

>Solus
The same OS that delivers a black screen after an update and power cycle? The one that doesn't allow you to take a screenshot? The one with the tiny repo and incompatible package manager with deb or rpm? Really newb friendly!

Oh yeah, the distro with no packages or the macOs clone, shit choices friendo

>The one that doesn't allow you to take a screenshot?

This alone is retarded enough for me to ignore the rest of your shit reply.

Why would normies care about either of those things?

>normies don't need software, they just want to boot their computer and use it as a heater

Hit printscreen: BEEP sound, no screenshot in Pictures dir. XD

>be a normie
>take a photo of the screen with my phone
>the photo is in the gallery
I don't see a problem.

underage b&

Has been for ages.

It's owned by a for-profit company and is free. You know what they say about "if you don't have to pay for it..." relating to products by for-profit companies

>implying there is something wrong with this
The more people working on a single DE, the sooner it will become usable.

>gnome devs have said about how they don't want extensions or themes
lolwat? I always knew they were retarded but this is taking things to a whole new level.

kek yeah this is retarded

How's it going back there, 2014?

>more similar to windows
>better
pick one

Haven't used Ubuntu since 2015. Is it still pretty much the same (minus Unity)?

17.04 still uses unity. 17.10 will use a patched GNOME desktop (they patched gnome-control-center to add dock settings and gdm to support theming). They'll also provide a vanilla, unaltered session you can choose from the login screen/desktop manager.

Unlike google/fb they cover their costs by providing support to companies, develop custom solutions for special cases, use of the ubuntu brand through licensing agreements with oems and similar.

And some measly donations

Good show! You're funny. :)

Doesn't seem to be enough given that they beg for donations when you download, occasionally do things like the Amazon lens etc..

Mint is insecure, bloated garbage. Don't ever mention it again.

Why do you think they dropped Unity and stopped developing unity 8, mir, Suru icons, etc.?

And fired a bunch of developers

Face it, the desktop is dead for most of the human population. They may still use a laptop/tower provided by the company they work for. Cell phones and tablets are good enough for communication, content consumption, basic gaming (consoles for "serious" gamers). Linux companies now mainly target desktops OS' at enterprise workstations/endpoints.