ITT: Things no tech company can get right. Pic very related

ITT: Things no tech company can get right. Pic very related.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ergonomic-Left-Handed-Keyboard-A4Tech/dp/B001DEUPIE/
amazon.com/DSI-Left-Handed-Keyboard-Black-KB-DS-8861XPU-B-V2/dp/B0009S52X8/
amazon.com/Ergoguys-Handed-Keyboard-Wired-KBS-29BLK/dp/B007YW7Z0U/
amazon.com/Bloody-B845-Optical-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B073X996W6/
youtu.be/uecqTO2fP2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he needs a mouse

I'm not left-handed though.
Most people aren't.
I use 10 key with my dominate hand.

>why
because im not fucking left-handed you stupid fuck.

That pic is something I've been griping about for YEARS.

And NOBODY makes a decent keyboard with the bumper at the other end. The best I can do is buy a keyboard with NO numpad, and buy a completely separate numpad by itself. Drives me nuts knowing I've got two more cables occupying two USB ports instead of just one.

When will manlets lean? No normal sized person would have any issues with such minuscule distances.

The current way makes more sense for the left-handed though.

/thread

Bumper=numpad
Fuck autocorrect

They make detached numpads. You could just buy a keyboard without one and a separate numpad and put it wherever you want.

You would maybe save 20 seconds a year.
Wohoo.

Fuck off retard, nobody cares. You're worse than TrackPoint faggots crying over keyboard shortcuts.

>doing 10 key with your non-dominate hand
u wot

Well there are numbers on the top of your keyboard.

>numpad
lol literally garbage

LOLOLOL KILL ME FAGGOT I DARE YOH JUUDT KILL ME ALDWADY DO IT DAGGOT DO IT

I use a calculator in my left hand and write with my right. 10 key on the left might be cool

amazon.com/Ergonomic-Left-Handed-Keyboard-A4Tech/dp/B001DEUPIE/
amazon.com/DSI-Left-Handed-Keyboard-Black-KB-DS-8861XPU-B-V2/dp/B0009S52X8/
amazon.com/Ergoguys-Handed-Keyboard-Wired-KBS-29BLK/dp/B007YW7Z0U/
amazon.com/Bloody-B845-Optical-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B073X996W6/
you get the idea

>mfw 15-year-olds who don't work with computers have overrun this board
jesus christ i wish there were a video game board to contain you autists

oh wait.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X6 doesn't have this problem.

Feel the same way OP. People in this threads are ignorant.
Bought 2 Microsoft Sidewinder X6 because you can swap the numpad from side to side.

Guess I'll buy a mechanical one without numpad next. And then a standalone numpad on the side.

I am op, exactly at 6' height and reach (haha yes 6' is manlet lol r/Sup Forums brought me here btw). it is really annoying to program mostly on the left of backspace. i rarely use the other part. so it is either my arms stay tilted to the left for hours, or have the mouse too far to the right.

the only people who use the numbers enough for the numpad to be useful are excel drones. Programmers barely can justify their place on the keyboard

name 1 (one) reason you need a numpad

being a data entry cuck doesn't count

so, do you do data entry or accounting?

>using a mouse

Wincuck detected

This will trigger lots of people, good job.
You can buy numpad separately and place it on your left if your only purpose in life is inputting numbers into excel cells.

>tfw you realize PC was made for gaming

I touch type and to do that with numbers you need a numpad with a standard layout. I understand your memes about accounting etc but you're reducing functionality in the name of aesthetics and memes. Some manufacturer has convinced you little dingleberries that you should pay more for a keyboard with a bit snipped off of the end.
>mfw Americans are so brainwashed that even their keyboards are circumcised

My numpad is mapped to one monitor while the rest of the keyboard is mapped to the other.

One monitor is used for a terminal running Vim, while the other has a terminal where i compile, run and debug. Tap swaps the bindings.

Easier to read and i don't have to take my hands off the keyboard

Sup Forums BTFO FOR ALL ETERNITY

> being an inflexible armlet virgin
> not being flexible longarm Chad who can reach all over the desk

>ITT: Things no tech company can get right. Pic very related.

who plays videogames on pc has a more trained left hand (see quickswitch with the 1 2 3 4 keys). if a random guy can train his hand to precisely press those keys without problems even if he's not lefty, you can do that too

that picture is retarded. numpad on the left is for left-handed and you're not a manlet dwarf sitting like a retard
>shoulders width represented as half the length of the keyboard

How will Sup Forums ever recover?

We Sup Forumsamers now.

because moving your hands is good for you, you fucking autistic spastic.

Madcatz doesn't have this problem.

Frankly I'd prefer one with the arrow key section on the left while keeping the numpad on the right.

>I touch type and to do that with numbers you need a numpad with a standard layout
Maybe if you are brain damaged. Have fun with your dead end minimum wage imaginary """"job"""".

Madcatz doesn't exists as a company anymore.

>using left hand for numpad/keybad
No, fuck you.

t. slow as fuck typist rationalizing his inadequacy
enjoy your video games you little doofus

Pls don't post pictures of abortions

It's over, Sup Forums is finished.

What is the bottom left thing?

i've never seen somebody so seethingly angry AND wrong at the same time
this is the worst combination ever
stop talking
please

>this is the post quake generation
WASD became popular because the arrow keys were too close to the mouse to be comfortable.
In the pre-mouse look days right hand would be on the arrow keys while you used the left on ctrl/alt/strafing buttons and any other keys you needed.

Frankly, X-Wing was probably the first to really standardize the mouse look. You didn't need directional keys but your left hand was mostly focused around the left side of the keyboard.

Thumb scroller and button.

samefag

get the fuck off my Sup Forums

This is Sup Forumsamers now, you have to go.

> he doesn't use numbers in his class names and methods
never gonna make it

just buy a tenkeyless like a normal person

moving hand might be good but you suffer more from un-natural position imposed by numpad.

>like a normal person

oh look, a mature 16 year old
never wrote code or seen anyone writing it.

I don't play video gaymes. I have full time job in IT and see no need for numpad. I don't think I have ever used it for extended periods of time in my entire life.
I don't really need to type fast either, I'm not data entry monkey.
Maybe get a real job and stop being bitter that people more successful than you don't need to punch in numbers 9 hours a day.

wow i can really tell this was written by a confident and happy individual lmao

>I have full time job in IT
shitposting on Sup Forums while dressing like the little girl in your anime is not a full time job in IT, my poor deranged late summer child.

how small are you friend, is your arm span 30 cm?

Wow I can really tell this was written by underaged college child happily farming (You)'s in this thread. Now fuck off back to r/Sup Forums you buttblasted fuck.

got em lmao

You are putting quite a lot of effort into this. Your life must be a blast.

this, you're actually introflecting your arms while typing and you're releasing them in a natural position when you grab the mouse

lol this
I'm just gonna stop replying to these people, idk what more can be said

>ur mad ur so pathetic ur clearly a child and bitter and I'm a well-adjusted IT professional who don't need no numpad did i mention I'm a grown up and ur a child FUCK YOU

>lelelel u suck
Shitposting was better once.
Have another (You) and be content with it.

Matlab?

Get a tkl keyboard plus usb numpad user.

>but you're reducing functionality in the name of aesthetics and memes
user. Here's a tip for you: You can type numbers with the keys that are directly above the letters.
And no, it's not because of memes, it's because this way I don't have to move my hands nearly as much when switching from mouse to keyboard. It's much more comfortable.
Do whatever feels right for you user, but I'm a programmer, the top row is enough for me to enter the numbers I need.

>I touch type and to do that with numbers you need a numpad with a standard layout.

Yeah, I touch type, but I still have to look down at the keyboard to write 'tripe' cause all those letters on the same row. Each row needs to be arranged in its own numpad like block, so I can finally touch type these pesky words.

friendly reminder that the right (dominant) hand is supposed to move away from the keyboard, and this fact is even enhanced in non-autismal ergonomic keyboards designed for a mixed keyboard/mouse workflow and normal-sized humans
any and all well adjusted human won't keep mouse and keyboard perfectly aligned with a regular keyboard; rather, they'd keep the keyboard slightly rotated to enhance moving back and forth to and from the mouse. In this equation, the numpad is irrelevant

>name 1 (one) reason you need a superior method of entering numbers
>only "data entry" workers ever have to enter numbers
>numpad has no advantages besides entering numbers

>turn mouse sensitivity up
>move mouse closer to keyboard
>???
>profit

roguelikes

Name one advantage of numpad other than typing numbers. I own a Model M (full one with numpad) and pretty much never used any key other than the enter on the numpad. And yes, i do touch type, at about 75 WPM currently (english text with national layout, so typing symbols sucks, probably could get more)

Jesus have you seen the price on those. Fucking hell I had to wor hard to justify spending £90 on my ducky, those are overr $350, its fucking absurd.

>they didn't remap numpad to create new custom vim shortcuts
kek """programmers"""

That's because, like the rest of the sidewinder keyboards, they're out of production.

Just get an ergodox

>he doesn't have keyboard with programmable buttons, giving him the ability to assign any action he wants to any key
kek, poorfags

took me a while to get but i agree, most of my life has been non-tenkeyless keyboards occupying useless space and reducing my efficiency

Not him but this looks pretty interesting, thanks.

There is a number row on any keyboard just above letter section, brainlet.
If you are doing any job that is not pure data entry or accounting then you are better off using this row, as it's way closer than numpad. In order to use numpad you have to take your hand off letter section, which is a no-no for efficient touch typing.
I have literally never saw any programmer use numpad, and most people that I know (and including me) just use stock hp keyboards with numpad that we get at the office.

>add even MOAR buttons
>implying that not every single keystroke is programmable in at least three ways
kek, """programmers""

top meme

It's the perfect end-game keyboard. Get it with matias clickies

Why did you draw penis&balls? Do you think it's funny?

exdee

You don't get it, silly poorfag. Programmable keys mean that you can program every single key on your keyboard to do whatever you want, as opposed to normal behavior of having hard programmed key press value. For instance you can turn your "a" key into "j" and fn+a into numpad 5. Or whatever the fuck you want. It serves the same purpose as your dumb hack with numpad mapping, except you can do it with every single key on the keyboard.
I'm not surprised you didn't know though, poor people can't afford such things.

This wouldn't be an ideal configuration, even if you were left handed. There's a reason the numpad is on the right hand.

A better "solution" would be a trackball or clit mouse built into the keyboard.

>There's a reason the numpad is on the right hand
I would love to hear it. While you are at it, try to explain why keyboards are qwerty too.
I'm sure there must be some logical reason behind it, other than people not giving a fuck about ergonomics back when keyboards were first introduced, and simply focusing on function.

Is this you?
youtu.be/uecqTO2fP2g

???

>he REALLY doesn't know that you can program ANY key on ANY keyboard
>he REALLY believes that you have an "hard programmed" value
>he REALLY doesn't know that you can program ANY key or combination of keys to ANY value, system wise and/or application wise
>he believes he needs a SPECIAL keyboard
kek, """programmers"""

>For instance you can turn your "a" key into "j" and fn+a into numpad 5.
you don't need a special keyboard for that, dumbo
man, shoulders width != arm's length

>he REALLY doesn't know that you can program ANY key on ANY keyboard
No, you really can't without modifying PCB.
>he REALLY believes that you have an "hard programmed" value
Yes, you really do.
>he REALLY doesn't know that you can program ANY key or combination of keys to ANY value, system wise and/or application wise
>system wise and/or application wise
And it's a completely different shit you retarded brainlet.
>he believes he needs a SPECIAL keyboard
I believe I can afford keyboards that I want. And I know you are jealous because you can't

I'm starting to understand exactly why you are poor. Spend less time shitposting on Sup Forums and more on studying, child.

>No, you really can't without modifying PCB.
>keyboard layouts are hard programmed values
This fucking guy.
>And it's a completely different shit
Absolutely not.

Numpad is more comfortable to type on.

>I REALLY NEED A SPECIAL KEYBOARD TO DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING ANY KEYBOARD IS CAPABLE TO DO
>and I ain't even talking about NKRO or some shit, I'm talking about assigning values to the fucking keys
>yeah you can do that but this is """"different""""
kek, """programmers"""

>numpad

Convenient access for right hand dominant users (90% of the population).

>qwerty

Typewriters.

One is hardware side programming. You change how controller behaves.
Other one is software side programming. You change how your OS understands key press.
Are you really actually trying to fucking claim that those two things are the same? Because I'm actually and unironically losing any hope I still had for neo-Sup Forums and for getting my retirement funds. I hope you are still in highschool or at least not majoring in anything CS/SE related.