Ancient tech memes

I recently hacked^G^G^G^G^G^G ran Nikto on some ancient server, and found an image directory listing with some old sysadmin memes. Dumping them here. Post your own anchient tech memes

It's mostly error messages.

A thread died for this.

Man those guys really hated Microsoft.

A thread died for pic related.
RIP.

It's Sup Forums, so it was most likely a shit thread as usual.

lel xDDDDDDDD

Linux nerds were absolutely brutal about MS back in the day. The salt levels were off the charts.

Hand a few of these out to Sup Forums posters.

>The original ransomware

Oldfag here.

I like this thread.

Now memes are all pop culture references.

Very good thread OP.

Not a meme but still pretty good. Company would get fucking raped in the press if they released this today.

>longer, the better

Debatable

wrong. assuming some consistency

>This product is available to all who wish to pirate it. Until we build an operating system that actually works as advertised, everything therein the software liscense is free
Sounds correct about Windows these days too.

The free upgrade method still works.

Fuck that I ain't wearing ankle underwear

Nice. Post moar

This is one of those old memes that are still around today. Truly timeless.

Back when AOL was still a thing.

Don't know if this was an official ad, but everyone involved would've been fired in {Current Year}

GENTLEMAN, BEHOLD
CORN

I want one.

Show of hands, who's still bitter?

Is the dildo on the far left shaped like a corn cob? Why does that exist and who was the target audience?

>"めずらしいところでお会いしましたね。"
>"We met in the unusual place"
>Translated as "Which one is the real xbox controller?"
What did they mean by this?

It exists because someone made it and the target audience is people who want corncob dildos.

As expected of country-grown vegetables.

Yes but why would someone want to fuck themselves with a plastic corncob? It's the most inane thing I've ever seen. What the fuck?

That's not what it says at all...

thatsthejoke.avi

>being this autistic humor

It's the bumps, user.

If that was the case then they would buy the red one.

It doesn't have as many bumps.

im getting ideas...

This is pretty corny.

Not ancient but I made it myself.

haha
papa joerbl
xkcd XD

Heres something i made back in 2014 when the US govt was about to shut down

>implying you need underwear for anything other than to make someone rich for selling underwear.

looks like something joel would do

>pastry
heh

what is the S?

>annoy me with that sodding paper clip
kek

i don't wear underwear

I would post my office disk that exploded in a disk drive, but I can't find it at the moment

use ^w next time

I find it sad how he worked for MIT at one point and now he's just a fatass complaining about random shit.

It's the eternal managment cycle
Any good programmer will eventually be promoted to managment, regardless of how good they are at managment.

" The manager upon hearing this remarked, "This programmer, though he holds a position of small esteem, understands well the proper duty of an employee. Let us promote him to the exalted position of management consultant!"

But when told this, the programmer once more refused, saying, "I exist so that I can program. If I were promoted, I would do nothing but waste everyone's time. Can I go now? I have a program that I am working on."
-the tao of programming 6.3

>40 years later
>linux is still shit

Please tell us what's happening in 2035, user.

Linux is still shit

>wants everyone to get into her private areas
ohoh a dirty girl mmm

Jesus fucking Christ the early 2000s were weapons grade cringe.

Jesus fucking Christ this generation is weapons grade cringe.

The preceding time period has always been "weapons grade cringe."

Everything ever is "weapons grade cringe", it's just that you can't cringe about the future since it hasn't happened yet and it's less easy to cringe about the present since you haven't had time to think about it.

wtf is this bullshit translation?

It's an old joke user you just don't get the reference.

I'm sorry you were only alive to see the post-ironic era of memes. These were simpler times.

Another one of these. Seems people really wanted to insert Apple products into their bodily orifices.

It's funny how accurate this is though, the XBOX is pretty much literally a PC with a 733MHz Pentium 3 and an underclocked Geforce4.

yeah duh, that's the basis of Apple's entire business model

And the Xbox 360 is pretty much a Power Mac G5.

It's not quite as close. You can literally solder a faster Pentium 3 into the XBOX for an upgrade.

Sadly, It still is.

MY ASS HAS FINALLY DECIDED TO EAT
MY HAND

>I'm sorry you were only alive to see the post-ironic era of memes. These were simpler times.
>implying I still dont have this shit saved on an old seagate in the back of a drawer
This thread is like looking back at an old photo album and just realizing how stupid you looked 10 years ago.

>weapons grade cringe.
In a few years people will point and laugh at phrasing like this too.