"Do not write down your password"

>Your password must be 8 characters long
>Must contain at least one capital letter, one lower case letter, a number, and a symbol.
>Should not be a word, phrase, names, DOB, etc. Example: "Baseballfan2017*"
>Do not use the same password on any other system.
>Once made, do not save your password in any file including word-processing, web page, or electronic mail.
>Do not write down your password.
>You will be prompted to change your password in ninety days.
>Do not write down your password.
>Infosec leaks your shit anyway.

This shit rustles my jimmies. If I was Darren Effing Brown, why would I be working in some shithole enterprise for someone else's benifit? Who writes this autistic dogshit? Let the "Password1"fags get their dick kicked in and leave me out of it.

>implying leaking is really about cracking security and not about an insider bribed to leak informations

>tfw my password is KikeSlay3r96321$$

one of the social security providers in belgium has a website with the following password restrictions:
>alphanumerics only
>min 6 digits
>max 8 digits
it's just un-fucking-believable how badly companies fuck up digital security while users know better 99% of the time

It's annoying when I just want to use a simple "1234" password for a throwaway account on some shitty website.

>should not be a phrase
but it totally should be, something long, but something you can remember well

my bank, has the same thing, for online banking, you need two other non public, an pretty long numerical sequence

$1Yellow

That's my password. And then when it's one of those that says you need to change your password every x months:
$2Yellow

rinse and repeate

that feel when you study crypto and everyone is a retard
>password length matters the most, longer is better
>hashing algorithm matters a lot, better hope they are using a good one
>format does not matter as much, something like OPSucksALotOfDicks is fine, you don't need numbers symbols and shit
>if your password is in common dictionaries used for cracking you are fucked, if not you're probably fine
>bruteforce is not feasible for longer passwords, this is again why length matters the most

> you don't need numbers symbols and shit
>your password requires at least one number, one special character and an upper case letter

>not using a password manager and generating a random password so you don't have to remember things
heres sum free passwords 4 u

\(XM31f#Bo+>_49mLN&_@xT1SEzcXP
V#($'{zAVhm!*>qCtGXQ#.F)$gZ^7f
IZ\;x3D\xIrrv/-UEYGAC3FCl]-0%]
uJuX^`CrJc(
Gw1HCNi2\++nj5E$P].yk-FeGD+k+<
;o[xN6QT^r$Cv5;Ak'S:dG/fYeeyj8
v*G!-xfo6RA t_VKl=)GHPv,d=a4+i
$'0Z9.m'V5k2QdF$=J]1>i( ^7.GcM
L6[)B(0}kVc-U UnIW:#mbQ31rq2?O
0OwIUN0nEl:O2/fp$52)>W+)Yi2`-m
N

>>not using a password manager and generating a random password so you don't have to remember things
>relying on the availability of some piece of external software for access to all of your accounts
>letting yourself get fucked if compatibility ever breaks or you need to use a new device where you dont have your software
get a load of this fool

weak
¢ÔÂÈ5§{Úßÿ.áÃùzw\VÊ-hr1ÕRÎ4

KeePass?

that it's open source literally has no effect on my arguments... Your program can still be unavailable for a myriad of reasons like update compatibility breakage, sandboxing/security, data loss, new or foreign device, etc etc etc

your pw manager is a single point of failure of your entire access to all your accounts. If you were running a business this way I'd fire you as manager

>Only tells you the rules for making a password when making a password
>Try a bunch of times to log in, but get incorrect password
>Just say fuck it and rest password
>Have the password right the entire time you just didn't capitalize that 1 letter

>your pw manager is a single point of failure of your entire access to all your accounts. If you were running a business this way I'd fire you as manager
you make a good point
remember when lastpass got hacked? lotta normies got pwned

What business do you run?

the brothel that employs your mom

geforce experience has such requirments and i have no idea why

Well if you ever actually get to a situation of being in that position, the company will have bigger worries than one password manager

botnet free password generator. COPYRIGHT IS MINE I WILL SUE IF YOUR PASSWORD WAS DERIVED FROM MY PASSWORD-GENERATION-TOOL
$ perl -le 'print map { (a..z,A..Z,0..9)[rand 62] } 1..pop' 10

My Sup Forums password is 12345, feel free to log into my account

>Your password must cointain a lower case, an upper case, a number and a symbol
>Only symbols allowed are $&!?
What the fuck? Why do sites do this where you can't even use most symbols in ASCII?

it helps ensure you dont just lazily use the exact same password everywhere

Alarmingly often it's because they can't be bothered to quote it properly.

Which means you should wonder what else they can't be bothered to do properly, and go looking for fun SQLI and deserialisation flaws.

It worked thanks

commas, make, me, look, smart,

My password is unironically "initialautistlinuxfag".

C o o l

v i b r a t i o n s

Only keep your emails passwords written down, games too if your worried.

Here's mine

W3r.ÐAçÝë+:njÛÃ!(¿]Ï^´iäWôµÚ̾o!Wg-ÖîÕ[!k[÷f+pó.jn2¶Â¸ä6þifíaÿ©]¶þÅMKè'GSoáSh,KÖÝésî3Îm7ß3mé}ÞÎß@@RÀbÓ§"ËŪ%r$°ÍÈZ

Just write it down, probably the most secure password storage out there.
>can't be hacked
>won't forget it
>put it in the draw to hide it from Jamal (not that he's smart enough to do anything with your info anyways)

>he doesn't have black light ink to write on his side panel all of his important information
>he doesn't have a black light toggle button to switching lighting modes for his side panel window

Or just use a password manager like keepass. I have it set up so my database file (.kdbx) that stores all the passwords is synced to the cloud and a extra keyfile (.key) that I need to open the database is always kept offline.

So even if someone hacked into my dropbox account and downloaded my database file, it will be impossible to access my passwords because they don't have the keyfile. So great to not have to remember passwords anymore ever since I set this up a few months ago.

asDF12!@

My password is
€staesmicontraseñA95

Good luck cracking that

I would argue that services like that 1password and the standard unix password manager "pass" are safe enough to securely hold your passwords.

The terminal can be one of the most robust and powerful ways to store sensitive data. 1password gives you the option of protecting your passwords with a fingerprint lock. If you do a little research you will hopefully find that the above options are safe or you might find a better alternative.

you actually don't really need symbols

>thinks 8 char maximum is a problem
>any system that accepts longer truncates to 8 char anyway

added to my library ;>)

My password is "nigger". Even if someone did manage to get his hands on it the SJW cucks these days can't even type it out.

>use a password manager
>durr file corruption
>all passwords to everything fucking lost
>no problem Ill just use my backup
>go to boot up back up
>drive failed, thanks seagate
>go to retrieve my backup hdd located at relatives house
>mfw housefire
>fine go to get it off the cloud
>mfw website is unavialible
>well guess its time to restart my online life.

>cracking
That implies anything was encrypted to begin with.

(Celebrity name misspelled)(3 digit number)(Elvis)(2 special characters)

That's my go to format.

>take web address (i.e. the word "gmail" for gmail.com)
>add a salt (i.e. your birthday such as 12251975)
>run web address + salt through a sha256 hash ago
>take first 8 digits
>add ! to the end and memorize it
There fuckos, I gave you an uncrackable password, and if you forget it, it is extremely easy for you to produce it again (just take the Web address and your birthday and run it through the ago again)

with keepass, you can export all of your passwords in a couple formats. this is useful as a backup in case the software craps out.